Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 31 August 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GBC_069 wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 08:28

ohhhh , sorry bro , jus coz i dont have the "jap spec" engine !!! with overnight parts from ja'pan.

nick.

" sluggie celica bullshit !! " i better come out your way sooner than lata so we can clear this sluggie shit up !!!

OK come down man... Smile Bro I herd a sx seca chooped yah.. Omg sx secas i have em by car and a half 2.... I now i got jap spec... But bro even the aussie specs should chop den secas and nx coupes.. And karl Sorry mate my hands wernt Waving in the air Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 31 August 2005 07:43]

Send a private message to this user    
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 31 August 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well ive pulled the other motor apart to replace the screwed one in my car. its at the work shop now getting the cranksaftt cleaned and polished and the block done as well Very Happy

the motor to my suprise is in really good condition

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4554/img01258bt.th.jpg
crank shaft

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/628/img01216fm.th.jpg
block

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3154/img01239ng.th.jpg
bearings

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 01 September 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buck naked

will u sell the front coil overs alone if so how much

[Updated on: Thu, 01 September 2005 05:36]

buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 01 September 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't really want to sell them by themselves... I wouldn't let them go for less than $800 =\

The set is currently under offer, I'm waiting on the deposit, and then I'll make it official.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 01 September 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much did they cost to build Razz.... every coilover setup i look at is pretty cheap
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 01 September 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They cost Edwin over $2,000, by the time I'd payed all the shipping and customs charges, they cost me just less than $2k. Confused
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 01 September 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shipping? arent they just a coil over kit put on 162 struts.. there not a brand name actual strut and shit are they? i see kits available for like 500 bucks

[Updated on: Thu, 01 September 2005 10:46]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 01 September 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah berad these are the real deal no-expense-spared kinda thing...

hey, berad, what did you use to clean your engine bay, you mentioned before it was like some wax and grease remover???
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 02 September 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Koni Yellow's aren't cheap, and neither is Eibach gear. Getting the ST162 struts reconditioned and powder coated plus after market bump stops...

If it hadn't cost me over $400 to ship them ($190 for the shipping, $250 for customs), they would have been a good price when I bought them. Sadly, when it came time to sell them, I'd payed too much and could never make my money back on them.

Live and learn eh Smiley =
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 02 September 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey everyone,
was looking at my girlfriends car, she drives the st184, and i was thinking, would the side mirrors off the 184 retro fit the 162??? I think i seen someone on here with it done already, but that was a while back!

Any info welcome
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 02 September 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer septone wax and grease remover ... its pretty expensive lol 25 bucks for 4 litres or 5 litres... but yer works well.. karl lieks petrol but im no fan of that Razz
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 02 September 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 14:42

yer septone wax and grease remover ... its pretty expensive lol 25 bucks for 4 litres or 5 litres... but yer works well.. karl lieks petrol but im no fan of that Razz

well at a saving of $20 for 4 litres, i will continue to use petrol in a spray bottle and an old paint brush. does the same thing. plus the fumes are great, mmmmmmmmm petrol.
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 02 September 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 18:25

well at a saving of $20 for 4 litres, i will continue to use petrol in a spray bottle and an old paint brush. does the same thing. plus the fumes are great, mmmmmmmmm petrol.

Kero is safer Smile but it dont smell as good
Crying or Very Sad

still works well Very Happy
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 03 September 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDCelica wrote on Sat, 03 September 2005 09:26

warrior wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 18:25

Kero is safer Smile but it dont smell as good
Crying or Very Sad

still works well Very Happy

This is to degrease an engine?
Isn't it a tad bit dangerous especially if some got on the exhaust manifold?

If it works well it works well Very Happy

My cars going on the dyno hopefully early this week to have the SAFC and Super itc tuned... Hoping for a decent figure!!!
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 03 September 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keros a shit cleaner compared to petrol etc... kero isnt as flamable as petrol etc if anything you should be using kero if your scared of fire Razz
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 03 September 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Sat, 03 September 2005 17:22

keros a shit cleaner compared to petrol etc... kero isnt as flamable as petrol etc if anything you should be using kero if your scared of fire Razz

petrol or kero, i wash it after-wards with water anyway to get rid of all the residue. Razz sif leave it without washing it, Laughing
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 03 September 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i had a quick search and could find anything and i was wondering if any of you guys would be able to shed some lighton it for me the intake manifold on the 3sge the butterfly flaps inside what do they do and also car they able to be removed????

thanks for any help given chris
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 03 September 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you are talking about the T-VIS system. Yes they can be removed, and depending on various situations, it may or may not help your cause
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 03 September 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, search for TVIS - its been covered heaps of times on the forums. In a nutshell, its a system which increases the velocity of the intake charge to give you more torque at low revs. There's not much point disabling it unless your engine has been heavily modified. You might've noticed a slight kick or a change in intake pitch at about 4500rpm, this is where the system opens up those valves you mentioned earlier. How's the engine project coming along anyway?
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok cool ill look tvis up any way the engine project is comming along well just picked up another head from karl Razz thanks man

i just have to now do the work on the head and the engine will be almost ready to be put back togeater Very Happy
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont take the tvis off.. no matter what your cause it will only disadvantage you...and you cant take it off without puttin more thread on the bolts or gettin a plate laser cut/bought

[Updated on: Sun, 04 September 2005 05:41]

warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
took my engine out yesterday. here are some pics of my engine bay. Razz

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v293/warrior007/eng2.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2005 01:41]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i must say that is one clean engine bay no paint missing lol..whoever ownd my car before me must have thrown the engine around in the bay ... haha
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Sun, 04 September 2005 15:40

dont take the tvis off.. no matter what your cause it will only disadvantage you...and you cant take it off without puttin more thread on the bolts or gettin a plate laser cut/bought

yeah after reading all the stuff about tvis and looking at all the pro's and con's i decided to leave it Smile

btw karl the engine bay looks really good hope mine looks like that when my motor comes out Razz
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when I do my 3sgte swap (1 year away) and also change my auto to manual, could i use the gt4 box from the half cut?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u modify your cross memeber and modify the box and fuck around with this and that and in the end its not worth it Razz... but yes it can be done if u got a big wallet or know how to weld and measure shit Razz
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piggy the only way u should take it is out if u got like a 500hp engine and dirty big cams thats wen its deemd usless as the big cams dont allow the engine to rev hard down low anyway but ill stop talkin random shit now lol.. pew pew bro town not even owwww
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like postwhores i will not lie... gawn off to the mrs to cop be in the shit
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got friend who just built his own kit car with a madza mx5 motor, now he is making a sr20det one!!!!

he very handy with making custom parts and welding, and likes alcohol, maybe i can lube him on the the beer and conbinvce him
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also we r doing a newish celica frist (4 round light version) with the same deal, except he's got a st205 half cut, im seeing if i can have his frotn brakes , mwhahahaha
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
His stock brakes? I think they're pretty much the same as the stock ones on the ST162 anyway... but dont tell him that. Razz
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn st205 gt4 brakes and st162 brakes?

i prob dont need em, my car stops sweet as with it factory 4 wheel discs, new pads and grippy tyres,
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, you meant the ST205 GT-4 brakes? Those aren't going to fit the ST162 anyway without a little customisation to get them to clear the lower ball joints at the front. Problem with those brakes is that they're so much stronger than the ST162's that you might have a brake bias problem. I think there was some discussion on this topic in this thread a few months ago?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i personaly would not bother with the gt4 box... when you can go buy a mr2 box the gt4 box takes up so much room and more weight and is a pain in the arse to fit to the engine.

the camry box does just fine no lsd obviously but you can live with it....
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 04 September 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLEEKA wrote on Sun, 04 September 2005 21:11

damn st205 gt4 brakes and st162 brakes?

i prob dont need em, my car stops sweet as with it factory 4 wheel discs, new pads and grippy tyres,

I actually need some 205 brakes for a rally car bad. I have cash if he wants to sell them!

Karl - well you didn't take my advice huh.. just couldn't help yourself Razz

looks so clean bro
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well some tool has tried to break in to my car and smashed my rear tail gate window, anyway to the point, pick up a 2nd hand st162 tail gate (No Rust!) today and to my surprise it had 2.0 ZR!!! i only thought the st20x had the ZR models...
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn why the fuck would someone smash that window... why not a small one i think they were just playin silly buggers

ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think they tried to crack it open for the speakers, but couldn't cause of the tinting, anyway need to tighten up security and get some sensor alarms now.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah fuck movement.. get microwave sensors there the bomb.com so ur shit doesnt go apeshit wen ppl touch it and a loud exhausts go past microwave works on movement inside the car.. my m8s got it its mad lol put ur arm in the window and it gives u a warning then lets it rip
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just curious guys, am now considering putting the gen2 head(with shimless conversion and biggish cams) onto a 5s bottom end. Just curious if the block itself is different or is it just the crank, rods and pistons. Also, any idea what CR the 5s had?

Would the extra stroke make it a bit 'laggier' or not have as much punch compared to the 2ltr.I know it would have more torque but just curious. probs gonna put hi-comps in this instead of the gen2

What ya reckon?

Stu
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the pistons are different the block has to be... longer stroke etc????
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 17:27

nah fuck movement.. get microwave sensors there the bomb.com so ur shit doesnt go apeshit wen ppl touch it and a loud exhausts go past microwave works on movement inside the car.. my m8s got it its mad lol put ur arm in the window and it gives u a warning then lets it rip

sounds pretty high tech, i'll definately keep that in mind when i look for the alarm
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the new mongoose's have it...
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what price range is that?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and if your gunna put big cams on just get yours reground... i can turn my 3sgte cams into 264 degree hks replicas for like 200 bucks .... so look into shit first Razz
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are uy sure about that brad?The subarus just ahve different cranks, rods and pistons(smaller cut and different top) in their 2l and 2.5ls

I'll double check that
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know lol... im not into the physics of an engine my common sense told me that Razz ahahah
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
450 installed and this and that n shit i think
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was looking at cams a bit bigger than that brad but thats a good price regardless.

Hows that hybrid freak of yours going?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol its in bits at this present time... im waitin on my headgasket and head bolts and water pump and timing belt and this and that and this and that and like 2000 in braided lines and this and that
lol long term Razz.. ill get it baCK on the road boosted and mount the s/c for a while and save a bit more haha it wil take me a few months to get it back on the road just boostd alot of shit needed replacing

fuel rail will be dual feed now so that needs braided lines , radiator water intake will be redone in stainless instead of cast alloy with 300 sensors in the fucking thing wen i only need 2 lol Razz let the fun and money pit begin
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey all,

I need this part

http://home.australis.net/doobs/forum/hose.JPG

Anyone know where I can get a good one cheap, mine is fucked and the tape just isn't fixing it. Well, I hope the tape is the problem otherwise things could be worse than I expected. Also where can I get a throttlebody gasket? or do i just use gasket goo?

Cheers

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2005 11:23]

ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dude

try giving these guys a call (07) 5597 0400 (just toyota), its a wreckers on the gold coast and they had loads of stuff, as the name says just toyota parts, i managed to pick up a rear tail gate there for $110.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 09:57

Karl - well you didn't take my advice huh.. just couldn't help yourself Razz

looks so clean bro

mate i had an oppotunity to pay for my front cut by selling my engine. what would you do? Wink

doobs. thats a picture of my garage i know that blanket anywhere Razz
you know I have one mate.

Karl
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey everyone..
I've got A rear bar as an expression of interest!!!

Its listed here..

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=80056&start=0&rid=3960&S=2b2ade35a5e 9724aa286f30b29b96bcc

3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that engine bay is like cleaner than an operating room...man that is top stuff...is that car 17 years old or just off the showroom floor!!!!! lots of petrol and gerni (presure washer) time! in that!

ummmm haven't been on here in a while...lol

Nezza Cool
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer ya slack prick nezza where have you been

under the thumb i presume ahahahahahahahahah
bonbon
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doobs wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 21:21

Ey all,

I need this part

http://home.australis.net/doobs/forum/hose.JPG

Anyone know where I can get a good one cheap, mine is fucked and the tape just isn't fixing it. Well, I hope the tape is the problem otherwise things could be worse than I expected. Also where can I get a throttlebody gasket? or do i just use gasket goo?

Cheers

i probally wont need mine in a few weeks time
ill pm u when i know i dont need it Smile
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you talking about the black pipe or the AFM. i have spare AFM if u want.

also, i got car the back from paint shop Very Happy *yey*
looks fantabulous
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just wondering if anyone has a copy of a page showing the Loom wiring diagram from the ecu for the st162 celica sx 3sge gen 1?

Its really urgent, wiring up the Super itc and got stuck at the wiring part hehe

Thanks
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jonchai wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 23:35

Are you talking about the black pipe or the AFM. i have spare AFM if u want.

also, i got car the back from paint shop Very Happy *yey*
looks fantabulous

good to see u got it back mate, sounds like ur happy Wink

get some pics up Jonathan.
Pages (63): [ «  <  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:02:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014469146728516 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.