Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Turbo Timer Install Wed, 10 August 2005 11:46 Go to next message
Just a couple of questions about installing my Greddy Full Auto turbo timer:

What could I expect to pay for installation by an auto electrician? Car is an ST185 GT4 with cheap and nasty alarm system (ie. relays required).

Also - does anyone else with the Greddy timer have issues with the handbrake switch (ie. timer activating and keeping engine running even if the handbrake is not on).

Thanks in advance to the auto 'leccys out there.
  Send a private message to this user    
LeaThaL
Regular

June 2005
Re: Turbo Timer Install Sun, 04 September 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump, i would also like to know this, but i just wanna know what to do to install it Razz
Maurice c
Regular

February 2004
Re: Turbo Timer Install Sun, 04 September 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jaycar kits are pretty cheap and they will give you full installation instructions, if you want a big name though spend freely my friend.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: Turbo Timer Install Mon, 05 September 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you buy your TTimer new, it should come with instructions for installation. Basically you need to splice the wires from the timer to the relevant wires in your ignition loom.

If you have an aftermarket alarm it gets more difficult, because you need to install a relay so that the alarm thinks the car is off when it is still running on the timer.

If you want a BNIB Jaycar Turbo Timer, send me a PM and I will sell you the one that I have real cheap Very Happy
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: Turbo Timer Install Mon, 05 September 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooops double post!

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2005 03:45]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Turbo Timer Install Mon, 05 September 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
install it your self its a piece of piss you just need a wiring diagram for the timer and a multimeter...

i know with the pen style timer you dont need to wire in the hand brake if you do just trick it by earthing it or just connect it Razz

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2005 04:04]

LeaThaL
Regular

June 2005
Re: Turbo Timer Install Mon, 05 September 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was lucky enough to find an actual Greddy turbo timer harness in my pile of 185 stuff Razz

i just gotta find what lead is my speed sensor so i can hook up the speedo also Razz
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Turbo Timer Install Mon, 05 September 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha all that shit is absolute bullshit... are you going to looka t your turbo timer to see how fast your going are you haha..
LeaThaL
Regular

June 2005
Re: Turbo Timer Install Mon, 05 September 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i am cause my speedos out Razz you know what my cars like brad! Razz
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Turbo Timer Install Mon, 05 September 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and im interested to know how a turbo timer can tell the speed lol
LeaThaL
Regular

June 2005
Re: Turbo Timer Install Mon, 05 September 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its just a timer with an optional speedo for just a digital display and it uses the cars RPM to sent an auto set time for the timer or you can just set it yourself Razz
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Turbo Timer Install Mon, 05 September 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but how does it get a speed from the rpm
LeaThaL
Regular

June 2005
Re: Turbo Timer Install Mon, 05 September 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i dont know but it does it some how! Razz you think a Grp A AC pannel will work? everything else seems to be universal Razz
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Turbo Timer Install Mon, 05 September 2005 07:55 Go to previous message
Ok i had one of these but didn't end up fitting it (long story) a bit of searching and wula!

http://www.greddy.com/tech/FATURBO_TIMER.pdf

There is everything you need to know about installing. As for the speed sensor it is a wire that is spliced to the ECU. which comes from the dash. so sorry if you dash is out then so is the speed line to your ECU.

Also i haven't read the manual for a while but my belief was that if the handbrake is off when the car is turned off then the timer will work as usual. if the handbrake is on when the car turns off it will act as usual. ONLY when the handbrake is released when the timer is activated will it turn off. so you can turn off the car, then rip up the hand break and it won't affect anything.

Also the line is a simple power line. so you can wire it to anything really if you think about it. like the brake pedal perhaps...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:quick question on Sprinter gearbox
Next Topic:Sprinter struts + coilover sleeves measurements
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 19:53:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078070163726807 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.