Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH !

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Sat, 13 August 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 14:05

Just wax your face you pussies

us ae86 lovers do this anyway (well the guys...)

out of curiosity how amny guys have ever waxed
  Send a private message to this user    
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Sat, 13 August 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha I pity your poor saps that have to shave everyday. I grew a beard at the end of 2002 and haven't had it off since and I'm only 20. I use to hate shaving before that, not so much for the discomfort factor, but more just 'cos it was a PITA, and sometimes it takes ages. I get a haircut once a month roughly 'cos my hair grows pretty quickly and it's fairly thick, and I get a beard trim when I get a haircut, I get it trimmed down to a number 2 with the clippers, that's the sideburns, moustache, everything. The week before I get my haircut though my beard is usually out to like a number 4 or 5 in terms of thickness, but it's pretty tidy and the hair is light in colour so I don't look like a street bum haha. For my job I could look like Chewbacca and it wouldn't really matter though haha.

And I'm pretty sure you're allowed to have facial hair in the Police Force now, I've seen coppers getting around with a light beard. When I worked at Woolies a few years back they tried telling me I couldn't grow facial hair, I told them to go fuck themselves because they can't, and I only had big mutton chops, I'm pretty sure no boss can tell you to be fully clean shaven unless it's for hygiene reasons, ie: your working in food preparation or shit like that. Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Mon, 15 August 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe i used to work at k-mart school holidays or after the hsc last year once i got over a couple of job interviews i shaved once every two weeks at the most man it was the life. didn't care i worked at mino mall so the bogans there had far worse, boss never said a thing yay.
Now i worked in an office wear a suit and tie every day i have to shave atleast every second day nooooo.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Mon, 15 August 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this thread is funny.
i dont shave in the mornings. i shave the night before coz i wake up too early in the morning so cbf. lol.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Mon, 15 August 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey ladies. I actually went into a razor shop today and asked what the best of th best shaving cream was that helps prevent rashes.
They said that most of the time(more than 90%) its actually the soap in the cream causeing the rash and blocked pours!
They reccomended trying some soapfree shave stuff. It has macadamia oil in it and was invented by some guy in brisbane. They have a web page which you can check out at http://www.smartmen.com.au.
The people at the razor shop also suggested tring shaving oil which is meant to help if your beard is growing in all differnt directions and you have to spend a while shaving over the one area. I'm not exactly sure how well the oil works though as you can only buy it in tiny little bottles and is meant to last up to 90 shaves Confused Anyway I picked up a sample of Valetudo shaving oil which is shave oil, aftershave balm and moisturister all in one. They have a webpage also at http://www.valetudo.com.au

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 06:19]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Mon, 15 August 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no can do allergic to nuts, that'd give me a rash for a totally different reason yay Razz
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Mon, 15 August 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tried some king of shaves oil before.... I reckon its shit.... clogs tha razor up n everything...
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Mon, 15 August 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i think you need a cut-throat if you want to use a shaving oil
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Mon, 15 August 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh yes they told me about this. If you find the razor clogs up, you need to use less of the oil and more warm water.
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Tue, 16 August 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter-Saurus wrote on Sat, 13 August 2005 23:12

And I'm pretty sure you're allowed to have facial hair in the Police Force now, <snip>

I don't think you're allowed to grow while on the job though. So if you go away on holidays and come back with a goatee, that's cool.

So many different options, so many things to try. Gonna have to get me some of these products and give a crack. Smile
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Tue, 16 August 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

no can do allergic to nuts

man balls?
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Tue, 16 August 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 21:56

Ahh yes they told me about this. If you find the razor clogs up, you need to use less of the oil and more warm water.

yeh but I find it dosnt lubricate, for lack of a better word, properly.... oil sucks tha balls man.... Im standing by Dove moisturisng soap for now... does the job well.... Wink wouldnt mind getting a cut throat blade one day though.... but thats mastering a whole new skill altogether almost Razz
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Tue, 16 August 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackGT4 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 13:54

this thread is funny.
i dont shave in the mornings. i shave the night before coz i wake up too early in the morning so cbf. lol.

Used to get a rash then moved to a Braun electric shaver with Nivea For Men Aftershave(a nice Mild non-scented after shave), no rash and damn comfy.

I shave the night before too as I value the extra 5 mins sleep Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Wed, 17 August 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I tried out this smartmen stuff last night. I give it two thumbs up Nod
With your normal shaving cream I find that once you drag the razor over the skin you remove all the lubrication. But with this smartmen stuff the oil seems to soak into the skin which keeps it all lubed up even after going over the same area a few times with the razor.
And....No rash!!! I normally find that I get a pimply rash on my neck after having a close shave, but not anymore!! Woot Woot.
Check this stuff out guys, highly recommended Wink
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Thu, 18 August 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 can u take a pic of the bottle and give me the proper name for it ?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Thu, 18 August 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep that would be good so we know what to look for as it sounds like a top product.

Be kinda nice to get a good shave happening once in a while for those rare occassions when you want people to think that you DO give a shit about your appearance Very Happy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Thu, 18 August 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As requested:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~shanej/SmartMen.jpg
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Sun, 04 September 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats it - 98% of you people are officially lucky bastards Mad
I rock the 'Tash n goatee (more out of laziness than anything else) and sometimes the sidies, but the rest...shit this is why your lucky

under the neck... the bloody hair grows in every direction, so the grain looks like a thumb print.
a) can't get a decent close shave
b) if you do, then you get teh bumps n ouchies.

benefit of having some dedicated facial hair is that takes a day or two for most people to complain about the stubble.

I used an shaving oil until the bottle ran out and that was good shit - esspecially 1st with 2nd against the grain. Now using the foamy gel gillette stuff. But be it electric or blade under the jaw and neck area always either patchy coz it misses bits, or red n sore. Sad

I'm with unforgive, just burn it off. i reccomend a dash of odourless kerosene (2.80 a litre) and a match. Leaves you with a nice film of oily/greasy shit afterwards to stop the skin drying out... anymore. Laughing Cool

Though even to this day I can fluke a more than half decent shave with just warm water - bloody sharp blade though Very Happy
ke20_rolla
Regular

November 2004
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Mon, 05 September 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I started shaving before my 14th birthday and 6 months later could grow a full beard. Rather freakish. I am nearly 17 now and have always used a Gillet Mach 3 and Gillet shaving cream. i shave down to my jaw line and my neck up to my jaw line. Only on occasions i get a rash and thats when i shave with the grian on my neck. I normaly shave after showering too. The use of an aftershave balm definatly helps ur face.
I try to avoid shaving as much as i can and have only once got in trouble about it at work, and i work in a kitchen. unless its a friday night and im trying to pick up i would rather look like a wooky.
peace Harley
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Mon, 05 September 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i get the problem under my neck where i get razor burn, mainly casue my razors are blunt, but i have found out a way to be able to shave with a blunt razor and not get any razor burn. shower is too hard to work around so i glued a mirror in there so i could actually see. when sahving my neck i shave up (far less burn than shaving down)

now before i shave i use an exfoliator (facial scrub) to remove any dead skin, dirt, oil and unblock the pores of my skin (makes for a much closer shave) when the hair is wet its also thicker which makes it easier to cut with the razor. another thing to note is once using the exfoliator your hairs will stand up a litte bit more too.

i use king of shaves shave gel. much better than any foam ive used and you dont need alot either.

after shaving i use a facial cleanser/toner which smooths out the skin a little bit, and if u might get burn helps to prevent it.

after getting dry, the trick i use is, i use polo after shave balm. its the best shit ever. smells awsome and isnt thick and feels like my face breathes really well, where some moisterirs really clog up my face.

its a pain in the arse and takes ages and im going to invest in an electric shaver too soon casue the water bill is gona be HUGE
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Mon, 05 September 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Mon, 05 September 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 22:20

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion

Errr, ummm, so how can you afford all that crap? I mean you cant have a full time job if you can allow 6 hours each morning to do that!! Confused
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Mon, 05 September 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 20:20

I ADORE THAT MOVIE ! i watch it no jk about 2 times every 6 months

Christian Bale - American Psycho
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Mon, 05 September 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 22:27

mynameisrodney wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 22:20

Errr, ummm, so how can you afford all that crap? I mean you cant have a full time job if you can allow 6 hours each morning to do that!! Confused

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Yeah its a quote from american psycho. go watch it. awesome movie.

chris
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Mon, 05 September 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crap, I thought you were serious Confused

Anyway back on subject, what facial scrubs do you guys use? I've been on some medication the last few weeks and its giving me really bad skin. Need something to give it a good clean every night..
So what have you found that works well?
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Mon, 05 September 2005 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a hot shower to open the pores, use the cleaning lotion

then slowly go to cold water and it'll close to pores so you get no dirt in your pores and you can be a pretty boy Razz
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Tue, 06 September 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theoretically your only supposed to use an exfoliator 2 times a week. i have this shit my x gf bought for me through that avon place, its really good. if ur in the supermarket try and find something that have a finer grain, if your going to use it everyday u dont want it the be too harsh cause itll rip all the natural oils off ur face and itll either go red or you'll end up with more pimples. theres this one by nutrogena i think smells pretty good too and its not too harsh. dont use the mens stuff basically casue its really rough use the chicks shit. dont pay more than 15 bucks either, bodyshop is a waste of money unless ur prepared to spend 40 bucks on the shit which im not.

by the way anyone here questioning my sexuality well im not gay its jsut when i was with my gf she taught me all this shit about how to look after my skin properly and i thought it was all bulshit but it actually works so yeah. and chicks actually do appreciate it if they know ur looking after urslef.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Tue, 06 September 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 09:28

by the way anyone here questioning my sexuality well im not gay its jsut when i was with my gf she taught me all this shit about how to look after my skin properly and i thought it was all bulshit but it actually works so yeah. and chicks actually do appreciate it if they know ur looking after urslef.

yeap thats what im leaning now from the partner i have
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Tue, 06 September 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coFF33 wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 11:32

domasik wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 09:28

yeap thats what im leaning now from the partner i have

ive been going out with my gf for 2 years. i use soap, and havent had a haircut since dec 2003. lol.

chris
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: What the FCUK CAN YA DO TO AVOID SHAVING RASH ! Tue, 06 September 2005 10:03 Go to previous message
Man you guys have it easy, i take the cake! i have broken every single electric razor with my whiskers! blades can't handle them

Now i just use a mach3 3 blade which is blunt after the 2nd shave.

I get 12 o clock shadow, and by 5pm i have a beard that i must battle with the next morning. If only the hair on my head was as strong as my beard i wouldn't be going bald at 24!

I am with yian just chuck some warm water on the face and shave against the grain. LOL
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Favourite Initial D song
Next Topic:coke owned
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 20:33:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072729587554932 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.