Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Vehicle Inspection in NSW Mon, 05 September 2005 04:37 Go to next message
Hi

I'm currently looking at purchasing a car from Sydney but because I'm in Adelaide I was hoping I could find someone reputable to check it out. I have the VIN/rego/chassis no. does anyone know of any organisation/company in Sydney who would be able to help me out for a reasonable fee?

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2005 04:38]

Send a private message to this user    
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Vehicle Inspection in NSW Mon, 05 September 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NRMA is the most reputable, but they are also probably the most expensive.
My Brother works for a car dealership and says that compared to the other inspection companies, NRMA just about un-corruptable (trust me, dealers do try anything!)and their reports are also very thorough.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Vehicle Inspection in NSW Mon, 05 September 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the nrma missed alot of things on my inspection like accident damage which was pretty obvious not that this bothered me as i had seen it myself but someone less knowledgable might not have spotted it
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Vehicle Inspection in NSW Mon, 05 September 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i looked into NRMA inspections last week as am looking at buying a GT4, they want 200 for a general car inspection or 320 dollars for a prestige/probably turbo car.
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: Vehicle Inspection in NSW Mon, 05 September 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's the RAA (SA version) called in NSW and do you think it would be worth contacting them at all?
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Vehicle Inspection in NSW Mon, 05 September 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$200 or 300 for a general NRMA inspection...are you sure ????

I am currently selling a car and it was inspected by the NRMA they were very thorough took about 1-11/2 hrs.

Pity he could not drive....slipped the clutch like some sort of idiot Mad ... i felt like punching him in the nose !! Shocked

but as 4agte said they can miss things, i have heard this many time before.

My philosophy is "trust NO one" do the inspection yourself.

To be fair if you dont know what to look for then NRMA is prob the best bet.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Vehicle Inspection in NSW Mon, 05 September 2005 11:30 Go to previous message
RAA=NRMA

The best bet ids to look yourself, but second to that would be NRMA over any of the other companies. Cost can vary if your a member or not. I hav had cars inspected by NRMA, for myself, and also cars I am sellong, and while they don't always see everything, they are the most honest.I know that even when I look at a car myself, I sometimes miss details no matter how much i try to remember to check everything.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:should I buy it (ke70)
Next Topic:Help on how to setup my boost controller please
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 02:10:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007451057434082 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.