Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
grace4
Newcomer

September 2005
targa west this week Mon, 05 September 2005 14:26 Go to next message
good evening.

thought i'd log on and remind everyone that targa west starts this friday from forrest place at about 9am. it runs over the weekend and there are a few great spectator points and a meet and greet evening in northbridge.

there's an interesting range of cars including R34s and a renault 5 turbo, but my brother and i are competing in a supercharged MR2 AW11.

should be lots of fun. keep an eye out for ads etc and come have a look.
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: targa west this week Wed, 07 September 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even better than having a look is getting into a Chicane Team and getting exclusive viewing of the cars, at speed, on the stages and well away from any spectator points.

I'm sure there is a thread on this subject already !

Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2005 22:34]

grace4
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: targa west this week Thu, 08 September 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, if you're going to be one of the team keep an eye out for my brother and i. we'll try not to stack it.

targa essentially started today with a prologue. some of the cars are ballistic. should be a good race weekend despite the crap weather.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: targa west this week Sat, 10 September 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For those of you chasing this Targa - if you have any good footage or pics, I'd appreciate a copy to add to my stuff - I'm looking to compile a DVD from the event and would appreciate any decent scenes - let me know what you have?
XmaGe
Regular

November 2004
Re: targa west this week Sun, 11 September 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea targa went off pretty well. No one hit my chicane Sad

Just spewing that Renault blew up. The spooling sound was enough to make me drool.

CLG Wink

[Updated on: Sun, 11 September 2005 11:09]

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: targa west this week Sun, 11 September 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben, got any footage for me?!?

BTW, the Renault blew the turbo yesterday, rebuilt it for today (apparently involving long hours stretching into this morning), and then suffered from a suspected blown head gasket today. Unfortunate as it had alot of prep work done for the rally - but at the end of the day it was a new combination and it will take as many rallies as it needs to enter, and complete the event to iron the bugs out.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 September 2005 12:40]

XmaGe
Regular

November 2004
Re: targa west this week Sun, 11 September 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure mate, got a few photos. I'll get them to you Wink

I got ur mob number.

Just spewing that I didn't have my camera out (I was eating a sandwich) when that Mustang spun out in (yes inside) my chicane.

Them Evos sure tear it up, rocks flying everywhere when they pass, they even destroyed the tarmac at wells glover and we had to move the chicane down 50m.

Next year I wanna drive a skyline sweep car Wink
grace4
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: targa west this week Mon, 12 September 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think my brother an i finished last, not because we were slow, but because we blew off a lot of the target times. on a lot of stages we decided to just have fun and go full pelt, meaning we came in under time on some stages by up to 40 seconds (huge penalties). from day one we were being threatened with exclusion for being too fast (challenge category is more a regularity event than a speed event).

the mr2 went beautifully and, apart from a rock smashing some electronics, performed flawlessly. we set fastest times a couple of times too.

our mechanical support was adsport engineering and adam did an awesome job. i can't recommend his services highly enough.

we have in car footage of several of the stages we did, but, unfortunately, the tape ran out on the last day when we did the three best stages of the event.
XmaGe
Regular

November 2004
Re: targa west this week Mon, 12 September 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh so it was you in the MR2. you guys rock! Keep us entertained, and gave my mate a new appreciation of the 4ag exhaust note.

I guess if you aren't there to win you are there to have fun Surprised
grace4
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: targa west this week Mon, 12 September 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate, glad our efforts were appreciated. i think the balance and pace of the mr2 surprised a lot of people. the times we were posting on some stages were better than what some of the competition cars were doing.

Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: targa west this week Mon, 12 September 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for the plug mate Smile

Targa rocked what an awesome experience! theres no way i could put all of the emotions and actions into words of what went on during the event it was so great.

countdown to next year begins...

clint: i have some digital footage and a few photos (mostly of the aw11).
grace4
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: targa west this week Mon, 12 September 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adam,

you did a top job and deserve the credit. i still think we should have written "too fast to win" on our rear windscreen after all those early time penalties though. we'll have to have a video night to check out the in-car footage we shot.
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: targa west this week Tue, 13 September 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good, maybe we can throw CLG some fun stuff aswell, check your PM folder.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: targa west this week Mon, 19 September 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must be reading the results wrong but I can't see any penalties for the S/C MR2 for finishing a stage early.
I can see 13 minutes of late time that dropped you from 5th 'outright' to 13th, which was made up of the following:

McNess 4.00 min penalty.
MC Motorsport 1.05 min penalty.
Maryville 1 2.05 min penalty.
Hartley Short 3.25 min penalty.

Were these the stages that you finished too early on?
grace4
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: targa west this week Tue, 20 September 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, too late AND too early (particularly McNess). you received double the penalty for arriving to early than you did for arriving too late.

my brother is very keen on entering again next year, but this time in the competition category where you're allowed to go flat out.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: targa west this week Tue, 20 September 2005 22:58 Go to previous message
Fair enough, I guess you need a countdown timer against distance left in the stage so you can match your finish time with the stage distance.
Anyway, the Competition Class does sound like more fun, being able to go flat out, but you will need a 6 point roll cage in the car and that makes it harder to keep road registered, but not impossible.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wanneroo Drift Night
Next Topic:PERTH WA. SUPRA CRUISE! 2nd Of October
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:15:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051579475402832 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.