Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mechanix0889
Newcomer

September 2005

3sge-3sgte conversion Mon, 05 September 2005 16:06 Go to next message
hey guys i have a 1986 toyota celica coupe with a 3sge motor in it with 208k on it n im gonna gbe rebuilding thinking about rebuild and convert to the 3sgte motor anytihng i should know about this and what parts i will need and possibly where i can get them?

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion Mon, 05 September 2005 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not start with a front cut with a 3SGTE in it already?
mechanix0889
Newcomer

September 2005

Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion Mon, 05 September 2005 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well will the 3sgte motor drop in the slot of the 3sge motor? my car is FWd if that makes any difference what cpu or woring or anything will have to be changed?
LeaThaL
Regular

June 2005
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion Mon, 05 September 2005 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes the 3s-gte will fit in the bay fine, mounts and all but you will either have to get someone (or youself) to either modify your GT4 box as its AWD and convert it to FWD only or just use your 3s-ge box or a mr2 LSD box as their more designed for the power, you will have to use the 3s-gte ECU and loom aswell Razz its a very common mod happening these days, i know several alone that have done it and i was gunna do it myself also Razz but i hitt finance problems, i got the engine and everything, just no time or money to finish it Razz

do a search with the search button up top annd you will find heaps of info everywhere Razz here is one like ive had a breif look at thats helped me

http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/celica1/3sgteswa p.htm

laterdayz
mechanix0889
Newcomer

September 2005

Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion Mon, 05 September 2005 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well thanks man i would use mey 3sge box because i have a second one if it blows up on me any thoughts where i can get the cpu and loom for it ?
mechanix0889
Newcomer

September 2005

Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion Mon, 05 September 2005 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my next ? i have a spare 3sge motor and i found a rod n piston set for the 3sgte motor thats forged is it possible to put that in that motor to make it a turbo and i can get the intake manifold and down pipe for about 200 bucks then all i would need would be the turbo

and i tihnk it would save me less of a hassle than swaping motors ?

am i interpretting this clearly or no?
LeaThaL
Regular

June 2005
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion Mon, 05 September 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not sure but if you ask around someone will know, i think you might have to do the rings aswell to take the extra boost but yeah, just ask around for that one Razz

ive got a 3s-gte carlos saniz model here you can buy Very Happy but being in ohio its too much of a distance over seas Confused
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion Mon, 05 September 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no thats not all there is to it, you then will have to get a exhaust mainfold made, the turbo get a bigger fuel system to support it and then you will have to change the ECU (cpu as you call it) because it wont know or what to do with the turbo, it will run to lean, and i would say to much timing. so no that will not be esy i would suggest if you want turbo but the 3sgte
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion Mon, 05 September 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oooooo, this ones going to be funny when it is finished.

Cheapest isn't the best option.
LeaThaL
Regular

June 2005
Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion Mon, 05 September 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draza wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 09:38

Cheapest isn't the best option.

hehe i can agree there, i went the cheapest i could and im still about $1000 off even getting closed to finised Razz
mechanix0889
Newcomer

September 2005

Re: 3sge-3sgte conversion Tue, 06 September 2005 00:47 Go to previous message
i see what you guys mean thanks!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Seat Belts arnt UNLOCKING !!!!!
Next Topic:fibreglass sunroof panel: 2nd opinon
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:43:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007439136505127 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.