Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Replacing bulbs on mr2 headlights Mon, 05 September 2005 11:49 Go to next message
are these possible on the sw20? Apparently they aren't changable and you need to get the new light panel thing
  Send a private message to this user    
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: Replacing bulbs on mr2 headlights Mon, 05 September 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SW20R wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 21:49

are these possible on the sw20? Apparently they aren't changable and you need to get the new light panel thing

I highly doubt it. Only on the old cars is it like this to my knowledge. Worse case scenario u have to pull it apart. I did it on a 91 celica. Look around where the screws are and look for spaces. Maybe u can squeeze ur hand in somewhere

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2005 11:58]

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Replacing bulbs on mr2 headlights Mon, 05 September 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate try the MR2OC.COM

search the SW20 section, theres most probably a FAQ writeup or run a search
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Replacing bulbs on mr2 headlights Mon, 05 September 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the aw11 ones arnt sealed so i couldnt imagine the sw20 ones are different.

just whip off the trim around the light. then there should be 4 screws holding in the lens. take it out swap the bulb. instllation reverse of disassembly.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Replacing bulbs on mr2 headlights Mon, 05 September 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually do what he said ^^^^^^^
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Replacing bulbs on mr2 headlights Mon, 05 September 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheh Smile

actually martin when are you coming over to collect your mr2 sticker ?
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Replacing bulbs on mr2 headlights Mon, 05 September 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got an 1990 import model.. so Im not too sure doesnt look like there's a rubber bit so it must be sealed Sad

"If you have an AW11 or early SW20, check whether you have sealed beams or semi-sealed units (the sealed ones have their contacts moulded into the glass; the later ones have a large rubber cover over the globe, with a removable globe). If want to go for an upgrade, check the price of the semi-sealed assemblies (PNo 90981-04030) first -- last time I checked the price had gone through the roof ($186.90 +T {about $US140 each}) in Australia <:-( Check your local auto store, a non-genuine one may be called for."

http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/LightenUp.html
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: Replacing bulbs on mr2 headlights Mon, 05 September 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Listen man. My dad is a mechanic and he highly doubts a car made in 1990 has a sealed beam. Are you saying u r sure that they r a sealed beam :/ Otherwise you gotta open it up and check. Should take u 20 minutes max

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2005 12:48]

SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Replacing bulbs on mr2 headlights Mon, 05 September 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I had a look and alot of my mates with SW20 gen 1's have replaced their headlights for non sealed versions

stupid toyota
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: Replacing bulbs on mr2 headlights Mon, 05 September 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats retarted. Make sure u get the non sealed version too. Im guessing it will save u money after u break ur next lense
Silver-Arrowz
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Replacing bulbs on mr2 headlights Mon, 05 September 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes you can. I replaced mine not too long ago.

From the top of my head you pop the head light up then turn the bulbs off. Remove the plastic surrounding (2 bolts on the side). You should be able to see the screws holding the front glass. Careful removing them because they tend to be rusted out.

Can't remember what comes next but you can squeeze your hand in and remove the bulbs.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Replacing bulbs on mr2 headlights Tue, 06 September 2005 00:35 Go to previous message
id be really suprised if they are sealed.

both our aw11's one aussie one import have removable bulbs. as did my st184. all similar era.

and hell if it does have sealed units. goto the wrecker and grab some lights from a st184/st162/aw11/aussie sw20/ jza70/ma70/ma61/ae86 etc etc. and jem it in the light is the same and swaps no grief iirc.

id imagine that the hop up lights from the early 90's mazda 323's have the same lens unit in them.

take the surround out. four screws to take out the lens and have a look. im guessing they arnt sealed.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:G-tech
Next Topic:why bother?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:42:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067451000213623 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.