Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » V6 ae92 corolla???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
corbet01
Regular

April 2005
V6 ae92 corolla??? Tue, 06 September 2005 09:45 Go to next message
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone knows of someone putting a camry V6 into a corolla. Or web sites on this topic. The old camry's of the same year came with V6's and they are a similar size car. The newer V6 would be better as it is narrower and more technically advanced.
Any thourghts would be good

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: V6 ae92 corolla??? Tue, 06 September 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3sgte
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: V6 ae92 corolla??? Tue, 06 September 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
corbet01 wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 19:45

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone knows of someone putting a camry V6 into a corolla. Or web sites on this topic. The old camry's of the same year came with V6's and they are a similar size car. The newer V6 would be better as it is narrower and more technically advanced.
Any thourghts would be good

thanks

camry's are bigger...

that said, and with 3SG mentioned, if the camry came with both 3S and V6.. and you can fit the 3S in there.. then chances are you may be able to fit a v6 in...

the question is why tho? a 4AGZ or T or even a 3SGE are already too much for the FWD car.. v6 = heavier...

then again.. don't listen to opinions, just do it Very Happy
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: V6 ae92 corolla??? Tue, 06 September 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the v6's came form the widebody camry which is bigger? i dont think the v6's came in the normal size (sv21 3sf type)
Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: V6 ae92 corolla??? Tue, 06 September 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They did come out in a SV21 shape, but not alot of them and from memory, they were the last of that shape. As far as fitting a V6 into a corolla, there would think there be huge mods needed for it to fit. A Camry V6 is a big engine.

I would go 4AGZE or a 3SGTE, would be alot easier to fit. The V6 engine isn't the type of engine you'd use if you wanted to modify later, as you can't get many bolt on performance parts for these engines, trust me, i own a V6 Camry.

But hey, if you can fit one in, go for it. it'll haul arse once it's done.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V6 ae92 corolla??? Wed, 07 September 2005 00:32 Go to previous message
The v6 fits in the back of an AW11, I'd guess there is less space there than the front of a Corolla.

I know of a supercharged 1MZ AW11 in Atlanta (the atlantamr2s page seem to be missing).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ST204 Brakes prob
Next Topic:7MGTE probs...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 01:06:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060980319976807 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.