Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » i almost cried.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 06:48 Go to next message
the neighbour across the road from my place (p-plater) had an ae86, now it was a bit banged up and probably wasnt worth much except to an enthusiast. one day i discovered that it wasnt over at her house anymore, so i just thought that it was getting fixed, or new engine (we could all wish) only to my horror i found out yesterday afternoon that she sold it and is now driving a riced up excel. some people just dont appreciate what they have. now everytime i look at the excel i just want to cry Crying or Very Sad and i am so frustrated with p-platers and their desire to drive riced up pieces of crap in my area.
  Send a private message to this user    
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somebody grabbed a bargain! Where did it go and I wonder how much it sold for??
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
74ROLLA wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 16:55

Somebody grabbed a bargain! Where did it go and I wonder how much it sold for??

at least she didnt rice the 86
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh it probably went to a better home, I love so called car for sale ads one female owner.
Both my sisters lack the inability to check oil or water, mind you my dad and i have taught them atleast a couple times each.

Eldest sisters pulsar has run out of oil and water twice now. Old cars and chicks just don't go together as they don't give them the respect they deserve.
Eg my sisters ke70 doing 5-10kmph in a car park maybe less she has it in 2nd gear the poor car you could actually count the engines revs it was that low.
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know where it went im not really on speaking terms with her, but your right at least the 86 wasnt riced but i swear to god i hear her coming with the friggin exhaust at the wee small hours of the morning...........and its auto hahahaha Laughing
meeves
Regular

July 2004
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and u didnt offer to buy the car before she sold it because (insert answer here)
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I simply DO NOT GET people who buy auto sports cars or modify any auto car. What's the point?

I kinda understand if it's something fairly high powered, like a JZA70, BMW M3, or Jag XKR or something. Even then I wonder what kinda weirdo wants a quick auto.

But an N/A 4 banger Excell? GAH!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BMW does not come in auto its manual or SMG2
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 17:27

Well there you go, even BMW knows not to be totaly ghey.

Question: WTF is SMG2?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol cause there gilrs they dont care about anything unless its comfy well very few anyway the g/f is one of a very unique breed haha
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 15:42

Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 17:27

Well there you go, even BMW knows not to be totaly ghey.

Question: WTF is SMG2?

its like a sports matic manual/auto

clutchless manual i think? just up or down...

cousin has a BMW and his car can be put into clutchless manual shite...

actually, its quite scary how easily his car lights the wheels up, foot to the floor will do it...

Eldar.O.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SMG is sequential manual gear box, its a computer controled manual its also on the M5 as a seven speed. I don't want a computer telling me when to change gears.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kdogg wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 17:09

i dont know where it went im not really on speaking terms with her.

I love this as every time i read it it gives the impression your not talking to her because she sold it
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 19:46

kdogg wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 17:09

i dont know where it went im not really on speaking terms with her.

I love this as every time i read it it gives the impression your not talking to her because she sold it

LOL, yeah it appears that way doesn't it?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
every car my sister owned somehow turned into poo... 1st was a MINT GEMINI 4k fully sick restored with sub woofers, NO RUST!
3 week later she killed amp and alarm.... ARGH 4more weeks later she need new rear tyres and killed the aircon.... 4 months later she killed the freshly rebuilt 1600...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats the BMW M3 obviously the luxo cars comes in auto only but even the M5 gets SMG3 (Seven speed semi manual gearbox) or in other words a cltuchless manual.
CelicasuprA
Regular

May 2005
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 20:03

every car my sister owned somehow turned into poo... 1st was a MINT GEMINI 4k fully sick restored with sub woofers, NO RUST!
3 week later she killed amp and alarm.... ARGH 4more weeks later she need new rear tyres and killed the aircon.... 4 months later she killed the freshly rebuilt 1600...

maybe its the poor quality of holden cars? Very Happy
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think auto's where desgined for girls to drive. my g/f is learning to drive in a manual and she cant get a grasp of it, to much multi-tasking for her...and its killing the clutch in my 86 excell (run about car)

and my excell isnt riced up has quality faded paint and 3 year old bird shit stains that give the car charm, and it still has stock exhaust Shocked

cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about the biggest anomolie of the automotive world, the auto 4WD. Its actually more common to find a newish 4WD in auto than manual these days.
Why? Because theyre all bought by old people to tow the caravan on holiday, or Mums n Dads to drag the kids around in.
If you need a big 4WD, for the right reasons, then you probably (but not always) want it in manual.

Just goes to show what most of these 4WD's are used for.
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I kinda found it odd that almost all second hand 4WD's come in auto. I don't think I would take an auto bush bashing. It's kind of sad that most real 4wd's end up becoming oversized station wagons.
My wife can barly drive a manual, although she is trying to learn.
I have two friends that have auto kinda performance cars, one with an R33 skyline, and the other with a 180sx. I find it kinda sad.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My girlfriend drives a manual. She hates her mothers and brothers cars, 'cuz they're auto, even though they're both mercs.

And her dream car is an NSX. Barring that, she wants an S2000. Both manual ofcourse. Cool My girlfriend has taste.

Although girls like that are few and far between.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CelicasuprA wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 20:32

rthy wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 20:03

maybe its the poor quality of holden cars? Very Happy

nah.... its a jap design Confused or is it
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
Re: i almost cried. Tue, 06 September 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt offer to buy it for many reasons, i didnt know it was for sale, the ke20 takes up too much money, mum would have killed me, my missus would have killed me, and i have no money. Anyway i dont really talk to her i think they may be dealewrs often seen a aston martin, 2 jags and a merc stop out the front passengers run inside in for bout 2 mins come back out and speed off.

p.s my missus dream car is a rx8 or 13bt rx4

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 23:25]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: i almost cried. Wed, 07 September 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 17:26

I simply DO NOT GET people who buy auto sports cars or modify any auto car. What's the point?

news flash lancer man

AUTO DRIVERS LIKE CARS TOO

mine is only auto because it had to be Sad
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: i almost cried. Wed, 07 September 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I kinda understand if it's something fairly high powered, like a JZA70, BMW M3, or Jag XKR or something. Even then I wonder what kinda weirdo wants a quick auto.

i hope your not refering an excel to a sports car

because i will glove slap you lol!

jks
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i almost cried. Wed, 07 September 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anything is compared to the lancer Razz
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: i almost cried. Wed, 07 September 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 words "Drag car"
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: i almost cried. Wed, 07 September 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 11:05

2 words "Drag car"

The only "real" application for auto in motorsports.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: i almost cried. Wed, 07 September 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol the oldies have a bmw 540 and they only ever use it in auto.as opposed to me ive never driven it in auto.they go alright for a heavy car,but the quoted 0-100km\h time must have been tested downhill with 200km\h wind behind it.from memory its suppose to get it from 0-100km\h in 5.8sec .
mick
p.s the sequential shift works well.i just keep trying to put the clutch in at the lights,lol.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i almost cried. Wed, 07 September 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick the 540 is an auto, it just has a tiptronic bits added on. The M3 is a clutchless manual (computer controlled clutch) gearbox shame on you mister race car builder for not knowing the difference.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i almost cried. Wed, 07 September 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 11:19

2 words "Drag car"

Yeah, drag cars. I was gonna mention it, but decided everyone knew hi-po drag cars where okay with autos. Although, it's still kinda lazy. You can get manual boxes that hold together with 1000hp running through them (thinking of a particular drag supra here).

And no, I wasn't suggesting an Excell was a sports car.

I actualy used my mothers car quite a lot, it was an old Excell. And I tell you, the Lancer is a much better car all around. It's build quality is so much better than the Excell (which is strange, 'cuz the build quality isn't that good). The 12 valve head helps it breath a touch better too. Better torque, better power to weight. Still, it's like comparing two hunks of crap. In the end, they're both just poo.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: i almost cried. Wed, 07 September 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
F**k you all male chauvinist pigs! Razz Laughing

You think it's a shame she sold it?! John was talking to a guy a few weeks ago who had an AE86 with a 13B in it, the 13B blew something so he gave the whole car to a metal scrapper! Not a wrecker a metal scrap yard for them to destroy!!! Now that is enough to make you cry Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: i almost cried. Wed, 07 September 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indi wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 12:34

You think it's a shame she sold it?! John was talking to a guy a few weeks ago who had an AE86 with a 13B in it, the 13B blew something so he gave the whole car to a metal scrapper! Not a wrecker a metal scrap yard for them to destroy!!! Now that is enough to make you cry Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

I hope it wasent the guy from smithfield
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i almost cried. Wed, 07 September 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indi wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 12:34

Why does that make us chauvinists?
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: i almost cried. Wed, 07 September 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 11:34

mick the 540 is an auto, it just has a tiptronic bits added on. The M3 is a clutchless manual (computer controlled clutch) gearbox shame on you mister race car builder for not knowing the difference.

lol you no read what i said!sequential shift{not squential box),which it is, as you push one way for up and pull the other for down{sequential}.
they can call it super duper paddle shift!but in racing its sequential shifting. lol

Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: i almost cried. Wed, 07 September 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 13:56

I was only joking, hence the... Razz Laughing at the end. But I am sick and tired of hearing how girls are bad drivers and don't know how to take care of their cars etc..... Rolling Eyes
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: i almost cried. Wed, 07 September 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When i owned my Sil80, with Huge turbo, brassbutton clutch etc etc the only other person i trusted to drive it was my flatmate. She may not have had a heap of experience behind the wheel of a performance car, but she had a natural aptitude and sympathetic understanding of how a car worked. I had her drifting it in no time! Surprised Only thing is she couldnt care less, and was happier driving her corolla Sad

But she always insists on owning a manual!!

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2005 11:15]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i almost cried. Thu, 08 September 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indi wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 21:03

Shraka wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 13:56

I was only joking, hence the... Razz Laughing at the end. But I am sick and tired of hearing how girls are bad drivers and don't know how to take care of their cars etc..... Rolling Eyes

Most can't.
There are much more guys who know how to look after their car than chicks. Also much more better male drivers.
However, I think when a guy is a bad driver, they are EXTREMELY bad. 'cuz not only are they totaly un-skilled, they're agressive drivers too.
Speed + agression + stupid idiot = crashtastic.
Lachie
Regular

January 2004
Re: i almost cried. Thu, 08 September 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 10:49

2 words "Drag car"

Then why where auto's banned from formula one? And for anyone bagging auto (I hate them two though) why did they ever use them in formula one?

If people with all that money and the best engineering minds in the autmotive world decide to use it, I wouldn't bag the technology cause there is obviously some reason for then choosing auto's over manuals
Lachie
Regular

January 2004
Re: i almost cried. Thu, 08 September 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damm double post! Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 08 September 2005 06:33]

Enchanter
Regular

July 2005
Re: i almost cried. Thu, 08 September 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I doubt the formula 1 autos anything like the autos we know of. My daily driver is an auto but my club car is most definately manual.
Now me being a "car person" I try and give the accord a thrash every now and then but the auto just ruins it, you just cant control an auto as well as you can a manual, especially into and out of corners (hence why drag cars are ok with autos).

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: i almost cried. Thu, 08 September 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but they used a full manualised auto that would buy three houses on the water in sydney and a most of the cars off toymods,lol and that would just be for the software they used!lmao
mick
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i almost cried. Fri, 09 September 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Enchanter wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 19:36

I doubt the formula 1 autos anything like the autos we know of. My daily driver is an auto but my club car is most definately manual.
Now me being a "car person" I try and give the accord a thrash every now and then but the auto just ruins it, you just cant control an auto as well as you can a manual, especially into and out of corners (hence why drag cars are ok with autos).

F1 don't run full auto's anymore, they were banned to reduce costs, they weren't really autos as we know them anyway, they were more of the same semi auto/sequential style box put in the ferrari road cars and BMW's merely with set shift points. They had a few different maps to choose from and could also override and run full manual.
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: i almost cried. Sat, 10 September 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=68202&start=0&rid=10922&S=84a9518984 493ff5ca7a594fc1a64fe6

hahahaha come down to FLM practice night this month and i'll show you why auto's aren't the spawn of evil they're often regarded as 8<P
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: i almost cried. Sat, 10 September 2005 06:16 Go to previous message
what about cars like tt soarers etc. The auto in them makes the car very very cruisy and nice to drive. not many of you drive a stripped, loud, light, stiff as hell car with bucket seats do you. Its all good and well having a manual in a car that is meant to go fast, but cars like soarers/jags/mercs etc are big cruisy cars. Drivings all about the drive, not always how fast you can go in or out of corners.

Drive for a few months in a race style car and you'll want an auto as a daily driver.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:purple w sparkles ST162
Next Topic:EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:34:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073971748352051 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.