Toymods » General Car Talk » !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 31 August 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm mrshin he converted a 1jzgte into a ford ute and runs it on LPQ
  Send a private message to this user    
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 31 August 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paid 131.9 for U98 in Perth yesterday (30/8).
$40 got me just under half a tank and I spend around $80 a week going to and from work. If I go on a cruise aswell on the weekend then add about another $40 on top of that.

Bought a 100cc Yamaha moped that can do 100km/h so I can commute to work on. Just need to get a motorbike licence to ride it then it'll be about $10 a week in fuel.

- Chris.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 31 August 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We shouldn't even be using petrol anyway. We should be on some alternative fuel by now. Ethaol would be a good start. But we've left it to late. I can't imagine what this is doing to sales of new cars. I think a lot more economy cars are gonna be sold in the near future, and we might see a drop in overall car useage in favour of public transport or bikes etc. That wouldn't be good for car companies.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 31 August 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll have to look into that Smile Thanks Corona.

Good site regarding fuel:

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net

Read both pages. Rather bleak outlook Sad
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 31 August 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know if the diesel prices are going to rise with unleaded?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 31 August 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is diesel made from oil? Razz If the answer to the question is yes then of course it fricken will.
There is an argument though that diesel should never be as exy as it is, my uncle worked for shell for 30 years and diesel takes far less refining than petrol so it should be a lot cheaper but isn't anywho yes the price of diesel will rise to.
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 31 August 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribfeast wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 17:02

I'll have to look into that Smile Thanks Corona.

Good site regarding fuel:

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net

Read both pages. Rather bleak outlook Sad

That is some scary shit.

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 31 August 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A mate of mine today told me that the Forbes business dude thinks that oil prices will drop from $70/barrell down to around $45/barrell next year...

Im really looking forward to it Very Happy
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 31 August 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 22:31

A mate of mine today told me that the Forbes business dude thinks that oil prices will drop from $70/barrell down to around $45/barrell next year...

Im really looking forward to it Very Happy

Doubtful but I hope thats true Very Happy

Ribfeast wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 13:04

Any way to make a 1JZ run on LPG? lol

I think there was some problem with it drying out valves or seals or something.

I was talking to a LPG converter mech the other week and he said that LPG can and will dry out the gaskits, valves, seals and so on if you ONLY run LPG on a petrol engine, and the way to prevent this is to run a tank of petrol every now and then.
Not too sure if thats right but if anyone has a bit of exp. with this feal free to correct me if im wrong.

cheers
chris

[Updated on: Wed, 31 August 2005 12:54]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 31 August 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i really wanted to believe it Embarassed

Laughing just need things to settle down around the world, none of this uncertainty crap...
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 31 August 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gas Research, work on drag and race car on GAS Cool .

http://www.gasresearchpc.com.au/html/gas_research_ performance.html

http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_0406/article.h tml

[Updated on: Wed, 31 August 2005 13:27]

RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 31 August 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In adelaide today its sitting at about 130c fro regular ULP! Filled up this morning, ouch...
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 01 September 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here is a joke about the petrol, am actully going to try this one and see what reaction i get with the misses here goes:

When I got home from work last night, my WIFE demanded
that I take her out to some place expensive..............

So I took her to a petrol station!!!!!!
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 01 September 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did anyone get the chainmail crap about not buying petrol today? Rolling Eyes

So silly Rolling Eyes

Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 01 September 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone see the article on ACA or Today Tonight last night about people doing a runner at the petrol station after filling up?
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 01 September 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jcmunga wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 23:05

well im one of the lucky ones that has discovered LPG Very Happy
i have a el falcon, i worked out id be spending around $80 a week on petrol but with gas its less tan half.
42.9/l, BP have a 2c discount card so 40.9/l
about $28 to fill the tank and i get 400ks to a tank Very Happy

Yep,

I know what you mean.

We used to have a 74 Bedford van...seriously with a big V8 cams extractors twin system etc etc..it was also on gas.

We had a 140 litre tank and if you were conservative you could get 700ks from the tank, when we got it gas was around 35c per litre, it was cheaper the run this than the AW11 on premium Very Happy

This was a "gas only" conversion, so it was tuned to run gas only so there was no compromise you have with dual fuel.

ribfest, i am sure you could get your jz to run on gas there are some serious performance engines running on gas. There are some mobs that specialize in this area.

Somewhere down the track when i get the GTE set up i am seriously considering gas. it also helps in respect in regards to exhaust emmisions test. infact if i understand correctly if the car runs on LPG there is no requitement for emmissions testing with these sort of engine swaps/mods, would be keen to get anyones ideas on this matter.
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 01 September 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much does it cost to get a an egine converted to "gas only" im guessing the price of the conversion and a rebuild? if thats the case what would that work out to be on a 1UZ?

I'm thinking of getting a Celsior mid-late next year and LPG conversion on it, so does anyone know the size of the boot in these (1990-91 mdoels), big enough for a 70+ ltr tank and still have room left to carry stuff?

Oops high jack Razz

cheers
chris

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 01 September 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, there are some negatives with gas.

It depends if you are going for straight gas or dual fuel.

some of the late model duel fuel set ups can work very well on EFI cars but has to be ones designed for it so that the fuel mapping timing etc are adjusted for the different fuels. To my knowlege even most of the current crop dont do this and subsequently you get a compromise which results in the worst of both worlds. The car needs to be specifically tuned for each fuel....FULL STOP !

As previously mentioned some gaskets etc are a prob on some engines, you would have to check with the installer. from what i understand if its dual fuel you can overcome some of the probs by starting the car on petrol then after 10-15 mins go to the gas, but as i said erlier you may end up in the worst of both world. From what i understand there is another way to overcome the drying effect in gas only conversions where there is a fluid injected at a certain rate to lubricate / keep wetted certain components.

Another prob is in a litre per km count you only get about 1/2 the distance / litre of gas to petrol. What this means is you need a much bigger tank. so thats ok as the gas is still say 1/3 of the petrol cost so economy wise its ok. the associated problem is where do i put a tank big enough to go the same distance per tank. That was the prob we had with the bedford and why we end up putting a 140 litre tank in it, especially when you go bush there are a lot of servos without gas Crying or Very Sad

So in a small car it can be difficult to locate a suitable sized tank especially as they are the usual cylinder shape, you cant just replace the existing tank. Some of the latest falcons actually have a better packaged gas cell but these odd shaped tanks are not available to the public yet
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 01 September 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 19:28

some of the late model duel fuel set ups can work very well on EFI cars but has to be ones designed for it so that the fuel mapping timing etc are adjusted for the different fuels. To my knowlege even most of the current crop dont do this and subsequently you get a compromise which results in the worst of both worlds. The car needs to be specifically tuned for each fuel....FULL STOP !

Do "Gas Only" engines use more advanced or reduced timing over petrol engines, what if it was tuned more towards one then the other?, ie. tuned more towards LPG and have petrol run through it on start up and every so often to prevent things from drying out and creating problems.

As previously mentioned some gaskets etc are a prob on some engines, you would have to check with the installer. from what i understand if its dual fuel you can overcome some of the probs by starting the car on petrol then after 10-15 mins go to the gas, but as i said erlier you may end up in the worst of both world. From what i understand there is another way to overcome the drying effect in gas only conversions where there is a fluid injected at a certain rate to lubricate / keep wetted certain components.

Is there actually something that can inject petrol at regular intervals to keep everything lubricated while its running on a duel fuel setup?
If there is that would be pretty useful for the times that you may forget to change back to petrol, also wouldnt this screw with the timing having two different fuels mixing together? I would think that a setup like that may not be as economical having both fuel pumped in at once, unless the setup changed automatically between the fuels at regular intervals and used petrol for the start-up/warm-up time.

GUN METAL 87 SC - What type of economy do you get from a 140ltr tank? cost around $60 to fill up a tank that size, am i right?

cheers
chris

coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 01 September 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know how easy a gas conversion would be on late 80's Engines ?

or is it mainly 90's engines that can get the conversion ?

CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 01 September 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
According to the guy i spoke with it can be done on pretty much any engine carbie or EFI, the only real problem is finding where to mount the tank so it wont be in the way of anything or illegal.

I should go talk to that guy again find out some more shit about lpg conversions

cheers
chris
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 01 September 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CoronaC wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 21:17

Do "Gas Only" engines use more advanced or reduced timing over petrol engines, what if it was tuned more towards one then the other?, ie. tuned more towards LPG and have petrol run through it on start up and every so often to prevent things from drying out and creating problems.

Is there actually something that can inject petrol at regular intervals to keep everything lubricated while its running on a duel fuel setup?
If there is that would be pretty useful for the times that you may forget to change back to petrol, also wouldnt this screw with the timing having two different fuels mixing together? I would think that a setup like that may not be as economical having both fuel pumped in at once, unless the setup changed automatically between the fuels at regular intervals and used petrol for the start-up/warm-up time.

GUN METAL 87 SC - What type of economy do you get from a 140ltr tank? cost around $60 to fill up a tank that size, am i right?

cheers
chris

As for the timing and tuning differences i am really not sure...all i know is they are different, also the burn rates are different and prefer different plugs and cam selections can also be different...like i said before dual fuel is a compromise.

in the gas only V8 we had...sold it about 12 months ago Mad

There was a fluid that was injected, not a fuel but a lubricant.

Sort of like the old oil injected 2 strokes.

The difference was that it hardly used any at all..like a litre lasted over 3 years. Well actually i could be wrong there i actually got a workshop to do most of the routine servicing on this car, so maybe he kept it topped up....really dont know.

working on these bedfords was a bit of a nightmare it weighed over 2 tonnes and i did not have a big enough jack to get under it, also 1/2 the engine is under the hood and the other 1/2 is in between the driver and passenger. and as these things usually only had only a 4 or 6cylinder, with a big V8in it everything was TIGHT...the mechanic would cringe every time i drove it in....which was pretty regularly....not Toyota reliability thats for SURE.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 01 September 2005 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im thinking of buying a tank, anyone know what they get L/km???

actually, i recently purchased a 50cc moped from a mate, which looks like it will be my main form of transport around to mates houses and that.

sigh

what a nightmare.

Eldar.O.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 01 September 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 00:47

im thinking of buying a tank, anyone know what they get L/km???

actually, i recently purchased a 50cc moped from a mate, which looks like it will be my main form of transport around to mates houses and that.

sigh

what a nightmare.

Eldar.O.

Get a Vespa Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 01 September 2005 14:58]

CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 01 September 2005 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh that lubricant stuff, see it in car shops all the time but it completely slipped my mind what its for Razz
Is there a canister that its put in and it just injects it at intervals, are these usually part of the conversion system for either duel or gas only or do they cost extra on top of the system (exception of the fluid, obviously Razz )?

cheers
chris
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 01 September 2005 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CoronaC wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 01:30

Oh that lubricant stuff, see it in car shops all the time but it completely slipped my mind what its for Razz
Is there a canister that its put in and it just injects it at intervals, are these usually part of the conversion system for either duel or gas only or do they cost extra on top of the system (exception of the fluid, obviously Razz )?

cheers
chris

u mean "valve saver"?
my uncle runs a conversion business and im pretty confident that he installs a valve saver system with every conversion, not 100% sure..but fairly sure...ive never seen a conversion leave the shop without one atleast.
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Fri, 02 September 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought this was appropriate.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/Farkurnell/cid_1125522852.jpg

Cheers, Greg.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Fri, 02 September 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is quite appropriate, thankyou for your contribution Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Fri, 02 September 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it would read better as:
Unleaded : OMG
Plus: WTF
LPQ: BBQ
Premium:111
Diesel:!!!
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Sat, 03 September 2005 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 10:59

i think it would read better as:
Unleaded : OMG
Plus: WTF
LPQ: BBQ
Premium:111
Diesel:!!!

You forgot

Service station: ....
Oil companies: Profit!
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Sun, 04 September 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My Bluebird runs an fj20turbo with an LPG only fuel system. I get around 300kms of thrashy driving from $20.
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Sun, 04 September 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went to Sydney today in my mates barbeque... I mean ute Smile.
All up, about 500km, costing the mere sum of $30 in LPG... Grrr. If only LPG went fast as well as being cheaper than Brittney Spears' urine Rolling Eyes
johne
Regular

March 2005
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone see pretrol prices today? $1.50 for ultimate wtf? well in my area anyways

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 05:10]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reading all this stuff makes me want to sell my car while its still worth something and buy an eletric push bike.. 4c to charge... 150k's to a full charge! does 75k's top speed.. my dad has one
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol and to think i have to fill up tonight Mad
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

buy an eletric push bike.. 4c to charge... 150k's to a full charge! does 75k's top speed..

that sounds cool.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 05:54]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

lol and to think i have to fill up tonight
Quote:

that sounds cool.

Yeah do you want go and watch Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh fuck.

i meant that as a reply to the electric pushbike thing
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ohh fuck.

i meant that as a reply to the electric pushbike thing

Sure you did Wink perhaps Rona will let you hold the hose while he fills up Laughing
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a 4L falcon EF/EL and for abot $30 or 65odd litres of fuel I get about 350ish Km's of hard driving. Its dual fuel though so not tuned for gas. You can notice the power difference betweeen fuel and LPG

I will be reading those above articles as a Turbo 1J 2J on gas has crossed my mind for the Crown
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tricky wrote on Sun, 04 September 2005 18:38

I went to Sydney today in my mates barbeque... I mean ute Smile.
All up, about 500km, costing the mere sum of $30 in LPG... Grrr. If only LPG went fast as well as being cheaper than Brittney Spears' urine Rolling Eyes

a friends XF falcon has single turbo running 15psi on the 4.1L donk. on gas. it goes well.

i think he's just about to order some LPG injectors as well,, for the next stage Razz

i'm seriously considering it for my next build also....

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of cam's do you need to run with LPG???
Low lift long duration???
Short overlap?
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.gasresearch.com.au/productvoodoo

Though my FJ has standard cams.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 18:19

What sort of cam's do you need to run with LPG???
Low lift long duration???
Short overlap?

i'm not sure they need to be that different... cam just gets air in and out, and the gas is just the fuel... being gaseous, it mixes much better with the air, and there is no dropout/mixture stratification to deal with (or less so)..

Mr Shin is prolly a better person to ask here (but i'll ask gareth also)

one difference is that you can run a bit more compression (gareth has 15psi in the ford 250 with stock (low) compression)

and the main thing is timing and mixtures... gas can deal with lean mixtures much better than rich, with rich increasing exhaust temps and valve seat temps... whereas lean it runs cooler (and is a common mistake for tuners 'parently)

i think gas also likes more timing down low and less timing up high or something, but i forget the details Wink

i'm keen to try gas with vapour injectors... not so keen on using a mixer for FI....

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EnFlaMEd wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 18:36

http://www.gasresearch.com.au/productvoodootable.h tml

Though my FJ has standard cams.

fixed...

they don't seem that special, tho seem to have high lift (which is what you want from a cam anyway Razz )

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$139.9 today... for regular unleaded..
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 20:34

lucky im driving a camry Laughing , 600km to 50L Very Happy .
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
140yen per litre for high octane...

thats $1.75/L... $82 for a tank.... thats farrrked... Sad
and cos the speed limits are so low and everything is stop and go, i get maybe 250km per 45-50L...
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1.52 for Mobil 8000 up my way, to a 70L tank makes me cry Crying or Very Sad
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 20:34

Ditto. $139.9 @ Lidcombe on the 6th. Sad
My mechanic said he got today's petty in at $132 for himself Shocked

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 21:59]

earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
146.9/L in Perth yesterday (6/9) for U98 Nope

- Chris.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
148.9 for BP ultimate yesterday 37L came to just over 55 bucks.
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I run my car on LPG too, what shits me is I didn't know they made LPG from oil either , HTF do they justify LPG doubling in price?

This time last year LPG was around 28.9 now its around 48.8? Confused
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 06 September 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LPG is made from oil, its just shorter carbon-chain molecules (LPG=liquid petroleum gas.
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 07 September 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we need a new prime minister

hek, if the last one got votes to change the flight paths

why cant they lower fuel prices
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 07 September 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn i didnt think the prices were that high now Shocked , il have a look today.
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 07 September 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And to think they just used to burn LPG off, becase they couldn't figure out what to do with it.
LPG will go up with the price of petrol, and the goverment want to exise it as of next year, so it should go up by 12 to 15 cents a litre then.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 07 September 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only thing they could do is cut back the taxes. Australia produces about 70% of its own fuel most of this being LPG as we don't have an abundance of crude oil.
But the problem is way back we signed an agreement with OPEC stating that australian oil producers will sell their oil domestically at or above world price whether they be able to produce it far lesser cost than world price. This makes the oil companies happy cos they can't make super big profits but it also kept the oil cartels happy as they could compete in the australian market.
Simple as that, because of this agreement even if they could sell their oil at a lower price they can't legally do it meaning we are screwed until the gulf of mexico is back up and running the middle east settles down (not bloody likely), China stops developing and consuming oil at an unsustainable rate, the government lowers taxes.
If you wanna blame anyone take it out on China how dare they wanna become a developed nation they should stay third world damnit. I am kidding of course but seriously their growth is extremely alarming and if we are not careful they may consume a little too much to fast and alternate means of energy materials may not be available.
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 07 September 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
China have like one third of the worlds population, anything they do is scary.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 07 September 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
129.9 in QLD and we get fuel subsidies! It is motorbike time people Smile I can see a huge increase or motorbikes on our roads in the near future. It will be like in Asian countries where cars are very expensive to register so everyone gets bikes Smile Maybe get some of the soccer mums out of their 4wd’s also Razz
Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How to get into Fibro Glass moulding ???
Next Topic:I have lots and lots of car pics for u all
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:53:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014753103256226 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.