Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Aircond Question Wed, 07 September 2005 07:43 Go to next message
does anyone knows how much it would cost (rough figure) to get aircond and heater installed in sprinter (4age 100kw)?

and can someone tell me what's the name of this aircond component which is located behind the dashboard (big white central blower) attached to the firewall (interior side)?

Send a private message to this user    
Cruiser97_80
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: Aircond Question Wed, 07 September 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satoshi wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 17:43

does anyone knows how much it would cost (rough figure) to get aircond and heater installed in sprinter (4age 100kw)?

and can someone tell me what's the name of this aircond component which is located behind the dashboard (big white central blower) attached to the firewall (interior side)?

hey dude the name of the component is called the "evaporator".
and srry git no idea how much it would cost Razz
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Aircond Question Wed, 07 September 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i remember...it was pretty difficult to disconnect the cable which connects the a/c console to the evaporator.. (i think i cut the cable out coz its was abit troublesome)

anyone tried connecting the cable? i could imagine it might be harder
sonwill
Regular

February 2005
Re: Aircond Question Wed, 07 September 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am not sure if the sprinters have the loom and crap ready to go. The AE82's have it all there, you just add the condensor (engine bay radiator), extara fan (radiator), the compressor, pipework and the evaporator(under the dash, you just remove the empty box and add the evaporator), and some wires + buttons (they just plug in to the loom) and you are off!

Of course you need to get it gassed, that is the tricky part, if you use old components that used to use the ozone depleting "R-12" gas, most A/C places will spin you some crap about a 3-400 buck conversion. They only change the filter drier (located after the condensor), the compressor oil and then bang in new gas (usually 143A).
If you by all the parts second hand, go a get a new drier from an A/C place, like actrol. as as soon as they are open to the air for any period, they suck in moisture and die. (you can try to revive them in an oven).

Hunt around for getting it gassed, I have been told that you can just stick 134A in them and they work fine and "the others are just ripping you off mate" by one A/C place. In geelong Reedy's do it if $70 ish, any car.

The gas icen 49 works with any compressor oil but has a habit of blowing up compressors.

Hope this helps

catch
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Aircond Question Thu, 08 September 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sonwil: appreciate your advice, but unfortunately i know nuts about aircond. All i do know is i got no components related to the a/c or even heater Surprised

so..realistically..how much to get a/c to work in my car?
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Aircond Question Thu, 08 September 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a fully aftermarket system if they have any for yr sprinter can be 1000 to 1500 supply and fitted

best is to get parts from a sprinter with a/c om it that they dont want

it will still cost alot for someone to fit it and wire it
captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Aircond Question Thu, 08 September 2005 14:28 Go to previous message
i installed a unit into a sprinter a while back. it was supplied second hand from a car which had been somewhat shortened in the front.
we used a common generic condenser and modded the mounting brackets to suit rather than buy the toyota one.
from memory, all the connectors are already in the vehicle. you just have to find them and connect them to the components.
make sure yer thermo(s) come on with the a/c
if you can source a kit, get the o rings to suit and some refrig oil, and install it yourself. its not rocket science and then get a firm to vac/gas it for you.
should save you some coin.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys
Next Topic:4AGE alternator and starter motor
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:45:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058600902557373 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.