Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
CAM Gears for 1GGTE Thu, 02 September 2004 07:01 Go to next message
Heya,

I am currently looks for a set of adjustable cam gears for the 1G, currently I havent found any for my motor, but someone at Jaustech said that 4AGE or 7MGTE gears may fit, if this is correct please let me know fairly soon as I have found a set of 4AGE adjustables for $130
  Send a private message to this user    
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Fri, 03 September 2004 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hks, look on christians website Smile
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Sat, 04 September 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am aslo interested in this. Will it work with the stock computer and what are the benefits? PS: Where is this HKS site..whats the address.
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Mon, 06 September 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You wont find any info on the hks website you would be better off sending SUPRA MAN a PM about it

BEN
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Mon, 06 September 2004 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The benefit of cam gears is the ability to adjust your cam timing. If you don't know why this would be beneficial, I'd suggest buying cam gears isn't a wise investment. Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Tue, 07 September 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 08:41

The benefit of cam gears is the ability to adjust your cam timing. If you don't know why this would be beneficial, I'd suggest buying cam gears isn't a wise investment. Smile

Norbie you crack me up Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Tue, 07 September 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First all i know all about cam advancement and retardation. Duration lift and you name it. I drag race V8 regularly and have build my own engine. I don't care much for turbos and modern buzz boxes. I just wanted to make this soarer have a bit more poke as its my daily trasher. I know advancing the cam can give you more midrange and top end but sacrifice bottom end. I just don't see it would work wit the stock computer. Norbie if you have nothing informative to say then say nothing at all.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Tue, 07 September 2004 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norbie is just an elitest and thats that Very Happy
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Tue, 07 September 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're not worthy. Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Tue, 07 September 2004 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 13:28

You're not worthy. Razz

what if I bow down??

hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Wed, 07 September 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got a link for christians website?? and is "SUPRA MAN"s user id spelt that way? spaces etc...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Wed, 07 September 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BLK1GGTE wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 12:22

First all i know all about cam advancement and retardation. Duration lift and you name it. I drag race V8 regularly and have build my own engine. I don't care much for turbos and modern buzz boxes. I just wanted to make this soarer have a bit more poke as its my daily trasher. I know advancing the cam can give you more midrange and top end but sacrifice bottom end. I just don't see it would work wit the stock computer. Norbie if you have nothing informative to say then say nothing at all.

why would it not work with the stock computer? if you change it that much, maybe engine won't run at all Wink

since all you are really doing is altering the sequence of events, particularly lobe angle and overlap, then the ECU should still have no issues (since it is working on airflow, not cam timing)

unless it has CAS or VVT on the camand that is what you are worried about??
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Wed, 07 September 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey oldcorrolas, where did you dig this tread up Very Happy

Hehe I should apologise to norbie for going off at him Rolling Eyes

Anyways while being true what you have said, advancing the cam on my 1g would not give me much benefits in my opinion as I already have too much lag down the bottom, so more power on top would make it even worse then it is at the moment...

What I have been thinking about but is to put a set of Gen3 1ggte cams... I seen gold28 say that the Gen 2 cams are restrictive when he swapped to a Gen 2 engine only while retaining Gen 3 turbo and all other bits... so I am still trying to find some Gen3 1g cams as I think this would be more efficient...What do you think???
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Wed, 07 September 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BLK1GGTE wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 12:22

I don't care much for turbos and modern buzz boxes.

y dont you drive a v8 everyday instead
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Wed, 07 September 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4age I don't want to get into this argument....it’s stupid, and I made a stupid comment so lets just forget it...and I do love my jap cars....

As for driving a v8 everyday I did do that until I pulled the thing of the road to change the engine....but with today’s petrol prices you really start to appreciate the technology u get from a 2 lt turbo motor...

Lets just forget that childish comment I made ok...I appreciate all cars, that was me just ranting on...

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Wed, 07 September 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BLK1GGTE wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 23:02

Hey oldcorrolas, where did you dig this tread up Very Happy

OMG, i'm so sorry Shocked i just looked at date and didn't notice hickozdude had dragged it up from a year ago.... Laughing

wonder if he had been waiting all this time??

and wtf are you looking for supraman for.... no doubt he is still peddling his wares on other forums, but no longer is toymods sponsor.. talk to importbitz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Wed, 07 September 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as for 2L turbo....

if you make the power, you hbve to pay the fuel price for that power, regardless of engine size.... for tootling around, it7s a little more to do with car weight, but all modern engines make good numbers on the highway..

and they all still suck in city traffic Razz
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Wed, 07 September 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very true, you can't have something for nothing, lol but my old v8 is old school carbie with 4.11 in the ass with 3 speed Rolling Eyes so it goggles just idling lol... Rolling Eyes
But i love it for its simplicity..

But yeah you can't beat modern engines for their "cruse" efficiency...and car putting out same power regardless of displacement will use the same amount of fuel....
But yeah what do u think of the cam replacement idea oldcorolas....
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Wed, 07 September 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm, depends on the number i guess.... more lift = always good Razz...
for turbo go as small an overlap as you can without choking top end too much, and duration?? well, that depends how nasty you want to get with ramp rates and springs Razz

what are the specs of the different gen cams??
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Wed, 07 September 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know about the overlap, as NA car like cams with say 108/110 and turbo/blown are better with 112/114 overlap. I know turbo prefer a bit of delayed exaust valve to spool the turbo but i don't know if the stock cams are designed this way.

The thing is i don't know the specification diffrence beetween the cams, if i did it would make everything easy, all i know is what i read on here from gold28, and what he has gathered is with a gen 2 engine he was able to run 19psi and it felt the same as gen3 engine on 14 psi...what do u think. Sounds like the exause side of the cam is diffrent..or am i wrong
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Thu, 08 September 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BLK1GGTE wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 01:15

The thing is i don't know the specification diffrence beetween the cams, if i did it would make everything easy, all i know is what i read on here from gold28, and what he has gathered is with a gen 2 engine he was able to run 19psi and it felt the same as gen3 engine on 14 psi...what do u think. Sounds like the exause side of the cam is diffrent..or am i wrong

i'd actually like to know the answer to this as i'm currently rebuilding my 1g and i'd like to put cams in which will give me the most lift/duration
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: CAM Gears for 1GGTE Thu, 08 September 2005 03:58 Go to previous message
Quote:

putting out same power regardless of displacement will use the same amount of fuel....

not entirely, although all things being equal yes... comes down to efficiency, but that's a discussion for another time and place

so anyone know about vernier cam gears for the 1GGTE?

P.S. sorry for digging it up.. i searched for the forums, and foun the day and month was the same... didn't look as far as the year... lol... consider it the 1 year anniversary of the last post... and that i just thought it was a current thread Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze head gasket
Next Topic:PLEASE HELP!!!! :):):):) Coil Wire pic
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 10:00:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050649642944336 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.