Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AFC Prob - black smoke and car is shaking!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
4AFC Prob - black smoke and car is shaking! Thu, 08 September 2005 04:57 Go to next message
can someone answer this please that I got PM'd in regards to a K&N filter i just sold to this dude.

i put in the filter, then i was driving outa my street and the car started reving high and black smoke started comin outa the exhaust. then i stopped and the car idles at 2000rpm and it shakes. then when i turn off the car it shakes like crazy.... what happend??? what do u think it might be??

cheers

Daniel
  Send a private message to this user    
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: 4AFC Prob - black smoke and car is shaking! Thu, 08 September 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did he put a 4afe filter in a 4afc Confused
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 4AFC Prob - black smoke and car is shaking! Thu, 08 September 2005 06:01 Go to previous message
Black smoke generally indicates that the fuel mixture is too rich. Changing the air filter (unless it is still wrapped in plastic) should if anything make it run less rich as the air can flow through better than with the old filter.

The high revving is more likely to be related to something else being interfered with during the course of the filter change. In an FC, I'd be checking the automatic choke connections. Take the air filter off and make sure the choke valve is closed or partially closed. Try starting the engine with the air filter left off the carburettor and see if you get the same problem.

The vibration is probably a result of cylinders not firing properly because of the over-rich mixture.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 September 2005 06:02]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:LPG on MX83
Next Topic:2t/3tgeu parts to rebuild 3tgte?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 05:31:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057110786437988 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.