Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 20v idle (can it be adjusted)???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
20v idle (can it be adjusted)??? Thu, 08 September 2005 05:01 Go to next message
Hey guys jsut went over the pits and the dickhead said my blacktop is idling too high? 1000rpm. he said its ment to be at 600????? he said there is a screw somewhere on the throttle body that can adjust it??? is this true? I thought the ECU controlled the idle whats everyone else idling at?
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 20v idle (can it be adjusted)??? Thu, 08 September 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ECU can only control the idle speed with in a certain range.

Make sure the throttle butterfly is completely closed, and the TPS is in IDL with the car at rest.

If the TPS isn't in IDL, the ecu doesn't know to make the car idle at the set idle point.
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
Re: 20v idle (can it be adjusted)??? Thu, 08 September 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats TPS and IDL?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 20v idle (can it be adjusted)??? Thu, 08 September 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/fi/FI_1 01.gif

Its for the 7MGE but the concept is the same.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 20v idle (can it be adjusted)??? Thu, 08 September 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
20vs can be a pain sometimes with the idle

stuff like the electrical load and the a/c signals to the ecu can play havoc

there is afew things that might work but every 20v is diff to the others i find

another way is to remove intake plenum

and adjust the 4 small idle screws same amount in say about 1 full turn then put it back and see if dile adjusts

if not then the ecu is gettin a false signal somehwere which inturn stuffs up the idle motor adjustment

about 1 in 10 20vs i wire up sometimes has this prob
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 20v idle (can it be adjusted)??? Thu, 08 September 2005 13:04 Go to previous message
There are quite a few vacuum hoses going to different places on the 20 valve. Make sure they are blocked off if not being used, and if they are connected make sure you understand exactly why and what the thing does. The only one you realy need to run is a big hose from either no.1 or no.4 to the brake booster. A air leak may cause a higher idle.

If you run the factory ECU, it will be controling the idle stepper motor, positioned under No.4 throttle.

If none of that is used and everything is blocked off... make sure the throttles are closed. There are stopper and adjusting screws on each thottle (under each throttle) but from the factory these are often not even touching, allowing the throttles to fully close.

Then adjust the idle with the air screws, using a flat blade at the top/front face of each throttle. Turn the same amount on each.

If its a full factory setup, I doubt you will have to play with the TPS.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4a-g conversion for ke70 or ae71.
Next Topic:7mgte into ma61
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:26:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064809322357178 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.