Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Speed sensor output Wed, 07 September 2005 08:54 Go to next message
hey guys i'm not expecting a reply here but i thought i would ask if any knew what the out put on the speed sensor comes out as, i need to reproduce a dummy for my ecu

the car is a 5th gen celica, but i believe that most toyota's speed sensors are the same!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Speed sensor output Wed, 07 September 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think cUZsida may help more but i think it is something like a pulse 4 times a revolution. If i managed to get the pin right on mine (which could still be doubtable) it sits mainly at 0V (as i don't have a CRO and was trying to measure it with a multimeter) so my belief is a 12V pulse (very short duration) 4 times a speedo cable revolution.

P.S I may be totally wrong but i am just trying to help
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Speed sensor output Wed, 07 September 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is for converting auto to manual?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Speed sensor output Wed, 07 September 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isn't it a simple hall sensor?
1ndecent
Regular

January 2003
Re: Speed sensor output Wed, 07 September 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A while back I was looking at a Landcruiser sensor output with an oscilloscope. It was a 0-5V square wave. When I get back in town I could probably dig up some of the datalogs.

Jasper
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Speed sensor output Wed, 07 September 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it depends....

the "SPD" input to most toyota ECUs i've experienced is a 4 pulse per revolution earth switch. Im unsure if it's 12V or 5V. It's usually purple-white

Then you have the actual electronic speedo sensor itself in the gearbox, which has 3 wires - earth, ign 12V and signal, all red with a trace of varying colour. I dont know what their output signal is.

I really really should get to sticking the CRO into some wires on the crown!!
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Speed sensor output Thu, 08 September 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah that would probably explain why i couldn't measure the signal on the multimeter, cause its a switch. I assumed it was about the dash as my car has mechanical speedo so i got not wires from my box, wish i did though, would make it easier to fix my speedo thats 11Kms out
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Speed sensor output Thu, 08 September 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your speedo is a % out, not a fix figure out.

If its a fixed figure out, the dash is stuffed.

But its most likely a % out, because you have the wrong speedo gear.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Speed sensor output Thu, 08 September 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats what i always believed but the dyno guy said 11kms although i thought he was a tool.

My previous calculations had it at 20% which gave 72Km's on mine was 60Km's so i am pretty close
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Speed sensor output Thu, 08 September 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyotas around that era have 2 speedo drives

one with 4 pulses
one with 20 pulses

the only way they can have small incriment adjustment for diff cars is the size of the gear

so its not the sensor its the gear that adjusts it by abit

if u put a 20 puls ein a 4 puls ecar speedo woul dread heaps hi
and vise versa heap slow

if yr speedo is abit out and its electronic just fit a speedo adjusting device

its piss easy to do

i use my gps to calibrate the speedos whenever i have to fit one and its pretty accurate

much better than some shitty old dynos
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: Speed sensor output Fri, 09 September 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Info here on toyota speed sensors . http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h36.pdf

Trevor
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Speed sensor output Sat, 10 September 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sideshow wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 20:42

if yr speedo is abit out and its electronic just fit a speedo adjusting device

its piss easy to do

I don't know if this was directed at me or not but

ndgcpr wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 18:36

I assumed it was about the dash as my car has mechanical speedo so i got not wires from my box, wish i did though, would make it easier to fix my speedo thats 11Kms out

So that won't work for me, i am wanting to change some stuff though so maybe i can fix it with a different diff
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Speed sensor output Sun, 11 September 2005 10:30 Go to previous message
cheers guys, so i figure i'm looking at 4 pulses per revolution, now any ideas how fast i'm goin per rev, is it as simple as orbital mechanics, rev in rads times the radius of the wheel?

and will just feeding highs and lows trigger my warning light? if not my alternative solution is a switch on the sensor wire so i can turn off the input. BTW i should have clear this up its for a gen 3 3sge that i just put in my car, this is so i can get around the speed limitter for things like motohanas and things if i ever make it into one someday!!!

thanks for the help guys
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Installing ecu
Next Topic:20v coil on plug?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 17:41:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077018737792969 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.