Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Thu, 08 September 2005 12:14 Go to next message
hey guys, im finally writing up a post about my car.

its a red rolla flatback 1988 model

i bought the car off my mate (thanks mark)
i've had it for 2 weeks now or more.. since then it needed a tune and i've fixed the simple things like power steering, battery and radiator fluid and cap the simple stuff to make a good safe ride down to v&e rigoli's

on the way there, i managed to get myself into a little boo when the engine died on me as i was exiting off the m4 turnoff
thankfully the guys behind me were able to push it further away from the intersection.... though they went a lil happy and ran it up the gutter and into a fence when my steering locked up Razz

thats twice thats happened to me.. so there i was stuck in the middle of no where *for that moment i was pretty f#cked*, with no credit on my phone,i checked under the hood and found that the engine overheated and drank all the radiator fluid, luckily *macgiuver me* had some in the boot.

i finally made it to v&e rigoli's in time for my tune..*watching the temp gauge go bananas*

they wanted to check the spark leads and found they had been worn to the metal Sad and the spark plugs need a change.. then finally when it came to crank over she pulled out a motherload of smog from the exhaust(straight backs pollution friendly)...one of the 2 bolts from the alternator had broken leaving it to squeel on ignition. I found rigoli's very good with the service and quality and i highly recommend anybody to them.

the damage was $370 inc a dyno run putting out 114.5HP

i was pretty impressed for the run, running much healthier now.
feels like a go kart and rc car put together hehe scares the crap out of me on how punchy it is. Evil or Very Mad

my future plans is to do an engine conversion into a sprwinter

heres a few pics of my car i hope you enjoy and cant wait for the feedback Very Happy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/poh_86/DSC02642aB.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/poh_86/DSC02585a1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/poh_86/DSC02587a1.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Thu, 08 September 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a sexy little orange beast !

go the rolla's ! what engine does it have at the moment ?
85rx7
Newcomer

September 2005
icon14.gif  Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Thu, 08 September 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yay poh its finally working - good to hear now to do the drop Smile
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Thu, 08 September 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agze hehe

and its really red..
everyone knows reds go faster Razz

mark, i cant wait to do it when i find a shell.. when i do.. pop past, we can play mechanic Laughing
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Thu, 08 September 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats not too bad 86FWKW Very Happy

whats with the GSR badge lol?
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Fri, 09 September 2005 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol hard... i didnt expect that much power

i tried to call dyno dave but he opened a new shop

i will check out davo soon enough hehe!

it says dsr maybe it stands for Drift Spec Rolla Laughing
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Sat, 10 September 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yo poh i got the same problems as your car before the tune , always turns off , doesnt wanna start etc , i need the ems stinger tuned to get it good , did v&e rigoli do a good job on it ? how much it cost and did keep the ems on urs ?
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Sat, 10 September 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poh_86 wrote on Sat, 10 September 2005 02:00

it says dsr maybe it stands for Drift Spec Rolla Laughing

D is not the same letter as G
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Sat, 10 September 2005 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pkt-rkt - all up it costed me 370 bucks
with that in mind he changed the spark leads and injectors and the alternator bracket so all one unit price

you might wanna check the leads and sparkies that maybe a main factor as it was for me not running too well.

v&e were very honest about their work and didnt try to jack me for it all in all except for dying on cold start.. just give it some gas and rev it to 1k.Smile

gearb0x - indeed you are correct, though i know for sure there is a d instead of a g on my car Rolling Eyes Very Happy
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Sun, 11 September 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer thats what i do now i thought it was cold start , i just keep foot on pedal on like 1g making the engine warm up then drive off , sux balls but
Anastasios
Regular

September 2005
Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Sun, 11 September 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha u funi cunt i randomly came across this n go heyy i herd this b4 n then i saw lol its pohh...
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Sun, 11 September 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha heyy dude how u goin

we'll meetup for a cruise one day when both our cars are done Laughing
Anastasios
Regular

September 2005
Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Mon, 12 September 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yerr cant wait man gettin dash repaired and recaros in 2moro woot lol
trdcmy
Regular

July 2005
Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Tue, 13 September 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice ae82. i wish i could find a cheap good engine to put in my ae82 rolla, the problems is finding someone to put it in for me im tired of my 4ac. i need a 4age, but anyways really nice rolla man love the color about how much did it cost to convert your engine, and did you do it your self?
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Tue, 13 September 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate that bought it of the previous owner had it done..

though for what it is.. heheh im not complaining..

im looking at parting out the shell once ive done my conversion which i will be doing with me and a few helping hands

the cost shouldnt cost too much. any 4age goes for cheap as chips and will bolt straight in

your looking at about a grand for the convsersion.. but its hella worth it at the end of the day =D
Lachie
Regular

January 2004
Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Tue, 11 October 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SW20R wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 23:24

Doesn't 114.5 hp = 79 kw using 1hp = 0.69 kw ?

Even still, 79FWKW is pretty impressive out of a 1.6, I'm syill yet to get mine on the dyno (4AGE with pod and 2" manifold back stainless system)

Anyways, nice rolla!
NVD05X
Regular

June 2003
Re: Poh's rolla 82 "The hard yard" Fri, 04 November 2005 10:59 Go to previous message
Lachie wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 11:53

SW20R wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 23:24

Doesn't 114.5 hp = 79 kw using 1hp = 0.69 kw ?

Even still, 79FWKW is pretty impressive out of a 1.6, I'm syill yet to get mine on the dyno (4AGE with pod and 2" manifold back stainless system)

Anyways, nice rolla!

its a GZE dude...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:81LOWLUX
Next Topic:Crab-86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:26:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056600570678711 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.