Toymods » Tech & Conversions » microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 12:15 Go to next message
which management is better for a 2jzgte
Ive been told a haltech and been told a microtech?
Microtechs ive been told are easier to wire up but my mate uses one and want something different
any other managements i should consider Confused
Anyone with prices
  Send a private message to this user    
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haltek bout 1500

motec bout 3500

autronic bout 2000

ems stingerr bout 1100

ems 8600 bout 1500

plus about 600 to wire up plus about 300 to 400 to tune

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I said in one of your 5 or 6 other posts:
Neither is better! Any gains will be had in the tuning so the one to choose will depend on who you can get to tune it and what they are used to.
dayzii
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sideshow wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 20:17

haltek bout 1500

motec bout 3500

autronic bout 2000

ems stingerr bout 1100

ems 8600 bout 1500

plus about 600 to wire up plus about 300 to 400 to tune

Damn id like to know where you get your haltec's from
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try the SEARCH button and you would have found the following thread:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=77945&start=0&rid=3851&S=16c5077bc9b 8734f18383f6aa83fad3e

Interestingly enough this person has the same nickname and asked exactly the same questions you have. Seperated at birth or just a coincidence?
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Damn id like to know where you get your haltec's from

hmm, Haltech in Taren Pt... Laughing
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carby
lol
mick
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon this guy is a troll.
TurboKing
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haltech is the way to go!
they are $1300 and will control almost everything.

TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where do you get haltechs for $1300 from turboking i want one thats cheaper than what i got priced after figuring out I was gonna spend $4000 with one place
TurboKing
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok visit, http://www.Tweakit.net
If you go there and get it installed and tuned with them it will be about $1340 for the E6X
Haltech is very good.

(pay cash wink wink)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TopSecret72 wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 21:07

where do you get haltechs for $1300 from turboking i want one thats cheaper than what i got priced after figuring out I was gonna spend $4000 with one place

Haltech has a cheap entry, and a very expensive topshelf.
TurboKing
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The E6x is very very flexible.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Wed, 17 August 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
microtech.

all big power 2j's and 1j's in australia are using them with great sucess.

cheaper than the other brands too. no need for CDI either.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Wed, 17 August 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you're building a drag car or a dyno queen a Microtech will do fine. For any other application I'd fork out for something a bit more sophisticated. The Haltech E11 is a great option because they have a plug-and-play wiring harness available for the 2JZ.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Wed, 17 August 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a bit harsh norbie.

i drive mine 400k's a week, no dramas. cold starts fine, fuel consumption, with the 550ccs was good, now with the 1000cc's its thirsty.

haltech and autronic had a heap of features that i deemed i didnt need, and i certainly didnt need the additional cost.
Burningboy
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Wed, 17 August 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haltech is the way! Its good stuff!
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Wed, 17 August 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really all of them in the $1000-1500 price bracket do more or less the same function, fuel and ignition and one or two auxilary functions. It's not like the old days where Microtech had screw driver adjustments and Haltech need a laptop, EMS had a fancy handset... It was these models which set people opinions in todays market. I will admit microtech models up to the digi 2 always had issues giving a some what mixed reaction and everyone complained about never holding tune, that's probably because they only needed to run right for 10-20sec for 1/4 runs! and this was there main market segment, not modified daily drivers.... Also I don't hear much about Motech, who also started out with a simliar design to Mircotech, that's right, adjustments by a screwdriver! These models also suffered the same problems too, but these were around well before Haltech and mircotech etc (1987). It's not til you go the next level that things change. At this level, Really Microtech LTX8, EMS stinger and Haltech's E6x perform great. Autronic, well just the Basic SMC will work fine, but there are additional options that will need to be added internally depending on application ie A dwell board, certain specific sensor such as Oxy etc will need to be purchased, So you need to check if each unit will run factory sensor's or will you need to buy ones to suit. ie EMS stinger can use some factory sensors, but sometimes none at all. I will admit I'm not up to date with the current Haltech's,(though I itching to try one of those interceptors on the ford) The E6K I had in one of my earlier cars I had to change every sensor over! Sorry that's was more cash I really didn't want to spend and another car we had ran a mircotech and I didn't have to buy or change a thing, ran the factory stuff straight from the box. Both ran fine til I sold them. Currenly we run an Autronic SMC,which was cheap at the time->$1100 fitted an tuned but the guy went broke doin it for this! Runs great too with little hassles. The new car currenly being built runs a Motech M400.. We only chose the motech this time because of it's additional Datalogging capabilities when compare to everything else, otherwise any of the above would do the job!
Quote:

which management is better for a 2jzgte
Ive been told a haltech and been told a microtech?
Microtechs ive been told are easier to wire up but my mate uses one and want something different
any other managements i should consider
Anyone with prices

Spend a day on the phone and chat to the seller's, All will do the same and will run this engine... I know from experince these seller's will tell you different stories on why the one they're selling is better... don't listen to them as there just trying to make a sale. Lay out all the facts then make the choice on what suit you in the way of Time, money and options etc and you won't go wrong.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Wed, 17 August 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the wolf 3d ver 4 plus seems to run my gze quite well and it came with all the sensors it needs to run. I bougt it new in a box for $1100 with the hand control but i believe they retail arround the $1500 mark.. It also has more than 2 auxilaries i think its either 4 or 5

edit: it was a bit of a pain to get started as the signal from the dizzy wasnt right but it was mainly b/c my tuner/installer didnt know how to install wolfs and after reading the manuals myself it outlines pretty clearly how to fix it.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 August 2005 07:33]

NickZ
Regular

February 2004
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Wed, 17 August 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.adaptronic.com.au/index.html
Try adaptronic, has almost everything you could want and cost from $990 -$1130 and dont let the cheap price put you off as these WILL selftune and run closed loop with a normal narrow band oxygen sensor or you can use a wide band too, laptop program, temp rev limit,fuel and ignition rev limit, Multi coil ,downloadable Firmware and regular updates, Eight configurable auxiliary outputs, Eight configurable auxiliary digital inputs, Datalogging via PC software etc.
go read the specs and see whay ya think.
http://www.adaptronic.com.au/tech.htmlSpecs

[Updated on: Wed, 17 August 2005 10:15]

The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Thu, 18 August 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey ive got a haltech in my soarer

and guess wat before i had a microtech

being a 1jz wouldnt be much different to a 2jz

the microtech ran like a pig on idle it was rough it drove ok

but as soon as i changed to haltech i noticed big differences
i got better mid range

it ran smooth on idle it was a totally better setup than microtech

if u wanna go top notch .. with a haltech ..chuck on their coilpack setup and a walbro 255 fuel pump ...man u will have a beast Surprised
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Thu, 18 August 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, you didn't achieve that from the Haltech, you achieved that from a tuner who knew the Haltech better.
The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Thu, 18 August 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the guy that installed both microtech & haltech tuned them both properly

different computers run better in different cars

but a haltech on an SR20 itll run like crap

but chuck a microtech ...it does wonders
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Thu, 18 August 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't agree sorry dude, it's all a function of inputs and outputs. It doesn't care what engine it's running, it just takes the sensor values and spits out the correct fueling and ignition.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Thu, 18 August 2005 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno alot of people have success with microtechs but personally i would steer clear of them if it were me....
The wolf 3d v4 plus i have is great a bit tricky to set up but great to use... I found that when u plugged in the laptop everything worked as i expected it to and i didnt need extra sensors to set it up the wolf 3d came with everything i needed..

Once setup with a competant tuner the wolf gives great results

again this is my personal expeirnce

The Wolf 3D ver 4 plus is $1500 or so retail and are good value for money i had mine installed + tuned for $2300 including the ecu
ae92_GZE
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Thu, 18 August 2005 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with justcallmefrank it doesn't matter what engine they are running it matters how they are tunned.

I have a Haltech running me GZE and I couldn't be happier but I think that is because the guy that tuned it has been working with Haltech's for years and knows then back to front.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Thu, 18 August 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Count wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 22:28

the guy that installed both microtech & haltech tuned them both properly

different computers run better in different cars

but a haltech on an SR20 itll run like crap

but chuck a microtech ...it does wonders

that is a crock of shit

i will take the pepsi fucking challenge any old day of the week with my microtech and your haltech.

sub zero use microtech with great results.

i know of 3 1j'z in newcastle running microtechs and they all cant be happier.

i would say your tuner cant tune a microtech for shit, which is funny comparing the microtech is an easier ecu to tune.

i know for a fact that one 1j microtech user made 300 rwkw in a manual just on the base tune thats in the ecu from the factory.

the microtech comes with a harness and easy to understand intructions on how to wire it.

thats the ltx12s i am talking about.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 23:25]

The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Fri, 19 August 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae92_GZE wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 07:43

I agree with justcallmefrank it doesn't matter what engine they are running it matters how they are tunned.

I have a Haltech running me GZE and I couldn't be happier but I think that is because the guy that tuned it has been working with Haltech's for years and knows then back to front.

i agree the guy that installed and tuned my car is top notch on haltech

adam from JEM
ae92_GZE
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Fri, 19 August 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i agree the guy that installed and tuned my car is top notch on haltech

adam from JEM

Yep... mate the same bloke did mine.. legend when it come to Haltech's!!

I would reccommand Adam to anyone

[Updated on: Fri, 19 August 2005 03:10]

vin91
Regular

August 2003
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Fri, 19 August 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't Know much about this but what about the Hawk EC21 It is Australian Made and meant to do Most Anything Needed
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Sat, 20 August 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We need a thread of good tuners in each state. I need a new ECU soon and I dont know who tunes what well in my area.
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Thu, 08 September 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
monkeymajik wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 09:02

We need a thread of good tuners in each state. I need a new ECU soon and I dont know who tunes what well in my area.

yeah thats a good idea. im looking to go standalone but when i think about it i just go brain dead because there are so many conflicting stories about different ecu's and so little reputable tuners that you can TRUST...

(1JZ in Perth)
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: microtech vs haltech vs anyother eng manage sys Thu, 08 September 2005 14:50 Go to previous message
meh, learn how to tune it and do it yourself Wink
it's nto really that hard...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3SGTE TVIS question
Next Topic:Aircond Question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:39:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073130130767822 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.