Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
icon8.gif  weird noise Thu, 08 September 2005 18:24 Go to next message
Hey all,
Whenever I stop I get this weird noise. It's the sound you get when you're pushing/pulling a metal gate to close/open it. Like a creaking/screeching sound. It used to happen every now and then before and I thought it was because I needed a new clutch but I've got the clutch now and it's still happening and happening more often. It goes away when you push the accelerator or when you're moving but as soon as I stop it comes back again. It wasn't too bad before, every now and again happening but now it's really pissing me off. If I come to a complete stop at a traffic light or stop sign or something it makes that noise!
Anyone know what it could be or is it too vague to tell?

The car in question is an AE82 with a 4A-C.

Cheers guys!
  Send a private message to this user    
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: weird noise Thu, 08 September 2005 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you know where it's coming from? I mean, brakes/drivetrain/suspension? If you pull up next to someone standing by the road, maybe they could listen and tell you whereabouts the noise is coming from
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: weird noise Fri, 09 September 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
belts? they can make a horrible screeching noise... gives me goosebumps
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: weird noise Fri, 09 September 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you nock it into neutral first, then brake, and if it still squeals, its most likely your brakes
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: weird noise Fri, 09 September 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Fri, 09 September 2005 04:24

If I come to a complete stop at a traffic light or stop sign or something it makes that noise!

If he's at a complete stop, I'm assuming its not the brakes..
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: weird noise Fri, 09 September 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it sounds like a falcon or commodore, it's the accessory belt Razz.

either get new one or tighten the one on there and drive to get a new one.
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: weird noise Fri, 09 September 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u got a new clutch did that include a new clutch bearing, i swapped gearboxs and my clutch bearing got dry and god was that a bad screech. is the sounds only when the clutch is in??
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: weird noise Fri, 09 September 2005 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not the brakes because when I'm going at some speed and brake it doesn't do anything. It's only when I'm about to come to a complete stop and when I'm stopped completely it happens.
It happens regardless of whether the clutch is in or out.

I'm beginning to think it's one of the belts. How much would it cost for a replacement belt do you think and how much for labour from a mechanic?

Is this something I should get checked out straight away or is it one of those things you can sort of wait abit before you act on it?

Thanks alot for all your help guys.
Smile
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: weird noise Fri, 09 September 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not just lift the bonnet and have a look, my dad had a belt slipping, it was pretty obvious coz of the white riting on it. just put a line on the suss belt, or all of them if u have no idea which it is, and watch its speed, maybe get someone to rev it then bring it down slowly, if its slipping u should see the belt slow
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: weird noise Sat, 10 September 2005 03:21 Go to previous message
Cheers, EVOSTi suggested putting a bit of soap on the belts one at a time and if the noise goes away then that's your culprit.

I'll have a crack at it, thanks guys! Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:injector cc sizing 18rgeu
Next Topic:stroking my 2tgeu
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:00:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057520866394043 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.