Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 07:05 Go to next message
hi this is just a quick question, i've been told (by freind of a friend sorta thing) that if you leave a bird poo stain on your paint on your car it can leave a big stain.

i'm only worried because i have a big piece of bird shit on the side of my celica (that was resprayed about 6 months ago) and its not really in a place to be washed, and was curious if this could damage my paint work in any way??
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It CAN furk your paint! Carefully rinse it off with warm water or even better warm water with car wash ASAP. I have seen a couple of instances where some bird crap marks had to be buffed out of the clear coat.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a black car and bird poo is my nemesis!!

Left for a day, it'll leave a permanent mark.
Get rid of it ASAP!! I use running water and dab off with a sponge. Rubbing it will scratch the paint.
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bird poo = bad

apparently it's quite corrosive to paint.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh, if you leave it on for a few days, it'll start to fuck your paint up....because it's acidic Wink
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crying or Very Sad guess its bad times ahead for me then
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it will buff out lol
i had to cut the clear back a bit to get a big one out off the side door

bat poo is HEAPS WORSE
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ooooh... Don't get me started on bat poo... Fark that stuff can destroy paint!!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I keep quik detailer and a microfiber cloth in the car at all times to combat teh bird p00!
Black car + bird p00 = teh suck!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 19:08

I keep quik detailer and a microfiber cloth in the car at all times to combat teh bird p00!

Clay bar?
1stGen
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i never knew what bird sh!t could do to a car until i noticed my car 5 days later that it had actually peeled my paint right off!!!
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uh oh... i've been parking under powerlines for the last month and have given up on teh battle against p00. d'oh! Shocked
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I've got a clay bar too but I don't use that normally.
I only use it when theres something that won't come off without it... bird p00 comes off pretty easy unless its dried out.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, I thought what you were mentioning was a clay bar.

Obviously not. Smile
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pelican shit destroys black ra60 bonnets Crying or Very Sad
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But they make a great noise when hitting the ground after getting fried on dodgy street lights. Funnier when they take out someone.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh I haven't cleaned my car in yonks because I didn't have the funds to change my clutch!
It's littered with bird poo!! Mad Sad
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would waxing your car on a regular basis(every 1-2 months) provide enough protection to stop the deadly bird poo?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 18:54

Obviously not. Smile

Quick detailer is like a light wax spray to keep everything clean and shiny.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: bird poo stains Thu, 08 September 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd have to feel sorry for anyone living in a pelican prone region.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: bird poo stains Fri, 09 September 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 09 September 2005 09:46

Nark wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 18:54

Obviously not. Smile

Quick detailer is like a light wax spray to keep everything clean and shiny.

There is a quik detailer kit that has a clay bar in it (i have one), this is probably what Nark was thinking about.
In that kit the quik detailer is used as a lubricant for the clay bar so that you don't scratch your paint, however, quik detailer is also available and useful on its own.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: bird poo stains Sun, 11 September 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if anyone actually cares i washed the bird poo off and to my surprise not a mark there Very Happy
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: bird poo stains Sun, 11 September 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 17:32

if anyone actually cares i washed the bird poo off and to my surprise not a mark there Very Happy

SAME!!
My bird poo was on for about a month as well. Smile
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: bird poo stains Sun, 11 September 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably depends what the birds have been eating... e.g. birds eating berries would probably be bad, birds eating mcdonalds would probably eat through the panel in next to no time.
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: bird poo stains Sun, 11 September 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha bird poo. I had this huge one the size of a fist on the front guard of my car. Didn't notice it till night, used hot water and paper towels to try and get rid of it. In the morning i noticed i had succeeded in scratching the fuck outta the paint. Moral of the story: don't clean bird shit off your car at 1am. With paper towels.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: bird poo stains Mon, 12 September 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't really had any problems with bird poo eating into my paint and trust me my car and others at my house have shit all over them from the birds in our huge gum tree out the front.

The worst is the bat shits cos they are huge and runny. Generally i just wet the car down, then wash it as normal with a nice soft sponge warm soapy water.

My car has been egged twice once at the local shopping mall and once at school (a large group of cars were egged as a muck up day prank). Both times i managed to catch it befor it set in and cleaned it off.
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: bird poo stains Mon, 12 September 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If ya give ya car a light waxing every time you wash it, and a hand polish every 3 months or so, it should be fine.

With bird poo degreaser works really well to get it off. degreaser+microfibre for the win.

And you know, technically, this is professional advice seeing as I work at a carwash Very Happy

Grant.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: bird poo stains Mon, 12 September 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bat shit seems to be the most corrosive crap that i've encountered (chook, bird, duck, possum). On he boot of a negected RA23, the baked-on bat shit bonded with every layer of paint - when it was eventually removed i discovered bare metal Shocked
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: bird poo stains Mon, 12 September 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote: Corona RT142

My car has been egged twice once at the local shopping mall and once at school

Why does this not surprise me Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: bird poo stains Mon, 12 September 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well considering pretty much every car out the front where mine was parked was also egged it was hardly a targeted incident. not to sure about the shops but there were a few eggs elsewhere, and considering it was at minto mall it didn't really surprise me.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: bird poo stains Mon, 12 September 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 how come you weren't on the cruise yesterday? I thought the lure of the twisties in the Kangaroo Valley would have ensured your appearance.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: bird poo stains Mon, 12 September 2005 07:01 Go to previous message
ke382TG wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 16:58

Corona RT142 how come you weren't on the cruise yesterday? I thought the lure of the twisties in the Kangaroo Valley would have ensured your appearance.

was doing an assignment for uni i had planned to come but couldn't.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what the?!?
Next Topic:hks head Gasket owners help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:32:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064210891723633 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.