Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jzx83
Occasional Poster

June 2005
MS85 Heater Tap Thu, 08 September 2005 22:08 Go to next message
Hey guys

Looking to replace the air operated heater tap that bolts up to the firewall in our old MS85 Crown. Current one is siezed, although the diapraghm appears to still function. Almost every other Toyota appears to have used a cable, although I have been told that one of the Hilux models also used vacuum. Anyone know anything about this. We are scouring local wreckers for Crowns and have looked at Commodore/Falcon units but would like to do this without too much fiddling about. The vacuum part of the unit appears to function, it is the water part that is the problem. It looks as though we could put a functioning water part onto the existing vac part, to get a working tap.

Or we could raid the piggybank (Cost of a new heater tap $126, cost of a working heater - priceless) and just buy a new one. The other half prefers not to spend too much on this car as its days are likely to be numbered once we get the 1JZGTE MX83 on the road.

Whatever, just curious to see what else anyone comes up with.

Thanks, Richard

[Updated on: Sat, 10 September 2005 22:04]

Send a private message to this user    
Pete
Regular

May 2002

Re: MS85 Heater Tap Fri, 09 September 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supra JZA70 use a vaccuum operated tap. Mounted on a 90 degree bend.

I have one i'll take a pic.
jzx83
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: MS85 Heater Tap Sat, 10 September 2005 22:02 Go to previous message
Thanks for the tip Pete, that would be great if you could put a picture up for me.

The thought occurs that if this type of car is being brought in as a front cut then there are probably a few spare heater controllers floating around. It probably isn't the kind of thing that fails just because a car gets a new engine.

We got an original controller off a Crown at a local wreckers on Friday, but it will be going back as it doesn't shut the water off. We have a temporary solution of putting the JZX90 unit onto the heater lines, which allows us to operate the tap in the engine bay, but I am not keen to install an extra cable into the cabin. So I really want to replace the old one with a similar enough unit to be able to use the existing controls.

We are near Gympie, which is about 180km north of Brisbane on the main Highway.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:needed : 3tgte dizzy or just the boost diaphragm
Next Topic:WTB 3SGTE (Prefer needing rebuild)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 11:54:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060081481933594 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.