Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Sun, 04 September 2005 07:41 Go to next message
My Precious... Smile

Thought Id start a new Thread for the New Ride. Absolutely Stock as a Rock right now, but in Immaculate condition and set to look TOTALLY different in the next month with over 5K of changes about to be made to it.. Very Happy

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/MR2/IMGP1879.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/MR2/IMGP1877.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/MR2/IMGP1897.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/MR2/IMGP1880.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/MR2/IMGP1887.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/MR2/IMGP1886.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/MR2/IMGP1878.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/MR2/IMGP1894.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/MR2/IMGP1895.jpg

Insert *in love* emoticon here!

Send a private message to this user    
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Sun, 04 September 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed looks great, been seriously considering an sw20 as my next car, seeing pics like this i remember why. HOT.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Sun, 04 September 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks dude Smile

i found it in this condition and i said to myself 'i HAVE to own this car!'. and so i bought it!

in the next 2-3 weeks this is getting a new set of 17"'s, a Border Bodykit and possibly Tein HR's should money permit it..
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Tue, 06 September 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking forward to your updates man! Smile

Hope to see you on the next cruise

Damo
TRD 83
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Thu, 08 September 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love it dude!

clean AND hot!!!!oneone!111!1
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Thu, 08 September 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice MR2 mate, making me miss mine... Crying or Very Sad
leasaunce
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Fri, 09 September 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice backdrop, oh yeah your car looks Awesome!!! Laughing
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Fri, 09 September 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
She looks lovely mate, glad you atleast upgraded from the supra =D

Strange as it may seem, when I sell the 61 I might get an AW11 MR2, it's an idea I'm thinking about anyway.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Fri, 09 September 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers guys!

peeack - get it, its so worth it! handling is so much better than the barge.. i nearly bought one when i was in adelaide before a few years ago. was so excited the dealer let me test drive it for like a hour and a half.. sw20 is great too even though ive suddenly developed -3 Degrees Caster in my steering rack on the left side.. Confused ive had it back into the dealers today to have it looked at and fixed, but they only inspected it today (typical fridays noone wants to do anything), and theyre going to fix it on tuesday.. theyre trying to shirk the work on it as well as with my roof seals which appear to be a little bit leaky near the windows (but not as bad as the ma70 Very Happy).. but ive told them it gets fixed or i go ballistic since ive only had the car under 2 weeks..

i get the new wheels in about another two weeks as well (provided i can sell my volks and get the remainder of the dosh for the poopra. oh and ill have to give you the new owners addy to send the blind over..)

peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Fri, 09 September 2005 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha that blind, it's been in the back of the ma61 for ages. along with my ma61 blind. But yeah, if you contact them I'll send it off to them no worries.

Also, i'm pretty certain I want an AW11, 66 dollars for a tank of premium kinda hurts Razz Atleast with a wee 1.6 it won't be as bad.
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Wed, 21 September 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aww Nice Mr2 Man!!!

Good to see the mods are comin soon tho!!

hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Wed, 21 September 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks dude. mods have been put on hold for a bit though due to a trip to japan scheduled for april and some other issues im about to document..

regarding what i was saying above about the problems, heres the story so far.

the car went back into Lynford service a week ago and they took it to wa suspensions who noted down and reported the damage to me.

the chassis was bent at the front. repairable, but the caster was unadjustable until the chassis was straightened out.

also i noted the rear tyres are 10mm under stock size. illegal and defectable right there.

i demanded that Lynford fix the issues wrong with the car as they sold me this car and id had it less than 3 weeks. They refused and told me i was obviously ready to fight it so they will let their lawyers sort it out.

to which i penned an accurate and bold statement about how Lynford sold the same defectable vehicle twice and were prepared to do it a third time which i made copies to Fair Trading, MTA WA and a contact of mine inside Today Tonight. I sent one last letter of demand to Lynford that they rectify the problems immediately or all 3 copies of the statement would be released. (and i enclosed the statement)

I got a call on sunday from the Dealer Principal in melbourne who said 'lets talk, lets see what we need to do to fix it for you. hows lunch on tuesday?'.

After i get back from sydney on monday we will be having that discussion so ill keep an update here as to what transpires..

Mad
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Sun, 25 September 2005 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well...?

What happened man?

i hope you got your shit straightened out.... Sad

Eldar.O.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Mon, 26 September 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoopass time methinks....
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Tue, 27 September 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh sorry fellas i been busy with a debrief from my sydney trip today, ill call the guy tomorrow and let you know whats happening.

Cool
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Thu, 29 September 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
### UPDATE ###

Well i just got back from Lynford and the dealer principal actually seems like a nice bloke. Whether that was a masquerade to keep me happy i do not know but he seemed like a reasonable chap with a family and so ill take his word for the moment.

Indirectly. What he said was "How much is this going to cost my business?".

So within the next week or so i should hopefully be seeing a new Clutch installed and the chassis straightened out! Cool.

Roof Seals and tyres are smaller issues, but i said theyre still there i havent forgotten about them. Roof Seals appear to be holding up well right now, but tyres i will get a rebate on 2 x new tyres covered as well.

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Fri, 14 October 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
update us on this ride dude Cool

i love stories where the "little man" beats the big companies Razz

Eldar.O.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Sat, 15 October 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car is booked in for tuesday to friday to have the chassis straightened. they basically mailed me and said that they weren't going to fix anything else but i discussed the issues with the clutch and they are now going to have a look at it while its in there as well.

All in all, i did not have a good experience with Lynford service. It was only when the dealer principal David stepped into the picture that i finally saw some business integrity and felt like i was getting the service i deserved from them after u spend 17K on a vehicle.. Hes a good bloke and has been pleasant to deal with to be honest.

Far better than the used car manager taunting me with the lawyers thats for sure..

so ill see how it behaves after i get it back friday. i know its degrading the steering and handling a lot with this bend in the chassis and getting worse, so i expect that will all be corrected and made right again.
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Sat, 15 October 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Handled maturely and appropriately! I'm sick of people who just run around proclaiming "I'm gonna sue your ass!". Well done, here's to a speedy resolution.

Very nice example of the Mister.2, I might add Smile
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Sat, 15 October 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh ive been pretty patient with them ive got to admit.. like, i dont expect them to fix every niggly little issue with the vehicle.. im not like that. sure the windscreen wiper blades need to be replaced, but i can do that myself so im not fussed.. whoope dee doo i dont expect them to replace those. little tiny nicks in the paint that have been covered over with a touch up ben in a couple of spots.. whoop dee doo. once again im not going to make them do a whole respray just because i dont like 2 or 3 scratches.. its a used car after all. roof seals? meh.. theyre actually quite good except for one or two spots in the corners but SW20's have a common problem with the roof seals so i was expecting to foot a bill for that in the next 2 years or so anyway when it hits 10 years old.. but its major mechanical and drivetrain things like the chassis bend and the clutch problems that i AM worried about because they are meant to be working well.. and theyre not. that part of the vehicle needs to be rock solid stable as this is my daily driver and theyre aware of that. its not a thrash n burn car.. i drive it sensibly but with the issues it has now its even a bit difficult to drive it sensibly at times.. also if i pick up a job over east soon, im going to want to be sure that everything is bulletproof before i go or else its quite a hike back to get a warranty job done..
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Sat, 15 October 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicely done Chris Smile

I wouldnt have been able to handle it the way you did, you seem like a very patient and very understanding bloke Smile

if they refused to fix it i wouldve asked for my moeny back or something!

Im sure after these little issues are fixed, youll be happy you got it all sorted... free of charge of course Wink

Eldar.O.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Sat, 15 October 2005 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
note: they did offer me my money back. but only the 16K i paid for the car. not the additional 2K + in finance and settlement fees i had on top and the 1K i had paid on insurance.. so it was quite unreasonable for them to make that offer based on how much id already invested..
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Sun, 16 October 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gah I need to stop looking at MR2's... be it AW11's or SW20's, I want one! Nice car mate!

I'll just have to hope I find one for the right price in the right condition so I can keep it along with the celica xx.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Mon, 24 October 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
### UPDATE ###

Just to clarify. My Chassis is now fixed. Lynford had it up at the chassis repair joint the other day and it was fixed up. Car doesnt pull violently left anymore and is so much more fun to drive. Im really stoked that they came to the party on this and repaired it. So big thanks to them for their understanding on it. Clutch is still a pain in the bum but i think i found a resolve to that..

..Shopping in the TRD Parts Catalogue Very Happy Very Happy

Have ordered a new TRD Clutch / TRD Pressure Plate and TRD Clutch Line.. should have it in a few weeks hopefully when it arrives from the land of the rising sun! Very Happy

http://www.trdparts.jp/english/image2/p_clutch-cover.jpghttp://www.trdparts.jp/english/image2/p_clutch-disc-sf.jpghttp://www.trdparts.jp/english/image2/p_clutch-line.jpg

Mmmm Smile

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Tue, 25 October 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks much nicer in the flesh/metal.

Rims, as small as they are, suit it well.

Anyone thinking of dealing with Chris, do so, hes a great bloke and always good to talk to Smile

/end shameless plug.

Catch ya at the next OST cruise Chris Very Happy

Eldar.O.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Tue, 25 October 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awww... enough of the sweet talking darl, youll make me woman jealous.. hawhaw! Very Happy

I have really got to stop shopping too.. New Purchases this morning also to arrive in 2 weeks time.. Very Happy

http://www.momo.it/Momo/volanti/grandi/figther/fighter.jpghttp://www.momo.it/Momo/pomelli/grandi/combatevo/combatevo.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 04 November 2005 16:25]

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Tue, 25 October 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn man, shouldve told me you were buying a momo wheel, im in the market for one of them too Razz

Actually, i have to stop buying stuff before i have the car!

Rims didnt fit on the camry, the wide rubber rubs against the rear struts...

fronts fit very well though Very Happy

and the camry is 5x114.3!!!

Eldar.O.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Tue, 25 October 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe... 191.08 USD for the Steering Wheel from Horsepowerfreaks.com and 81 or so USD for the shift knob. 55.00 USD for shipping. bought boss kit locally.

see! told u they were 5x114.3! hah! funny though that even with a 10mm spacer/pcd changer it still rubbed... granny doesnt need phat wheels it seems Smile

EDIT: Rather than buy online, i got impatient and went to Revo Racegear this morning an bought the wheel above.. Mad

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 02:23]

hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Thu, 03 November 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looky looky what arrived today! Very Happy

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/MR2/newwheels01.gif
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/MR2/newwheels02.gif
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/MR2/newwheels03.gif

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Thu, 03 November 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very spiffy dude!

needs lowerage! ive got a "custom low spring creator" here... a.k.a angle grinder, of course the go-kart handling will get thrown out the window!

looks like ive found a car too Very Happy

Eldar.O.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Thu, 03 November 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice rims there dude , hope to see the MR2 soon ! Very Happy
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Fri, 04 November 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol @ angle grinder. ive got one too. but theres no way ill ever do that again! (did that once as a teenager.. hah)

problem is finding good coilovers for under $2000 that are new / fully height and damper adjustable. i looked at the HD Systems ones but theyre not even in production.. also been looking at the D2 ones but theyre a horrible shade of purple Sad
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Fri, 04 November 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 19:36

looky looky what arrived today! Very Happy

Hmm - I dunno.. what arrived today?
your 4x4 suspension ?

Laughing

jk

Damo
TRD 83

hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Fri, 04 November 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just ordered Koni's + King Springs today.. they'll be here in a couple of weeks..
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Wed, 09 November 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and the koni's have arrived! Smile

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/MR2/IMGP1922.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/MR2/IMGP1923.jpg
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Hamgatan's Fun in the Sun Go-Kart - SW20R MR2 Bathurst (1997) - 56K Take Annual Leave! Wed, 09 November 2005 14:06 Go to previous message
since when does "a couple of weeks" mean 5 freaking days?!?!?!

very nice chris Very Happy

looks like this will be one very loved car Wink

Eldar.O.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SPYDER SILVERSTONE Gen3 3SGE RWD CONVERSION
Next Topic:[AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - DynoCharts Up
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:45:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091500282287598 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar