Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Sat, 09 October 2004 01:47 Go to next message
ok so you might be asking yourself whats a Cosmo cause i didn't know till last night either. Well its a pretty long wheel based 2 door car similar to the JZZ30 soarer in shape , and is power by a 20B rotary engine (triple rotar twin sequential turbos), pretty much same weight as the soarer as well. So anyway we dragged last night , i was expecting to take a beating but alas i won , it was sweet.
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Sat, 09 October 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cosmos are big luxo barges with like a Soarer yes. It should've been a pretty even race, that 20B has a shitload of torque. Mind you, you'd have to pretty much tow a fuel truck behind them to get around.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Sat, 09 October 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuel truck?
nothing wrong with 19l\100km Razz
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Sat, 09 October 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are a nice car. but TOO big
http://www.mazda.mms.si/zanimivosti/images/cosmo5.jpg
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Sat, 09 October 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They aren't too bad. And Cyber-Punk, that'd be fine if it was only under WOT, that would be close to its average consumption Laughing
DelusionL
Occasional Poster

September 2002

Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Sun, 10 October 2004 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i get 18litres per 100km in my 12a s2...

alot of cosmos are only 13b TT.. and generally all are automatic unless they have been swapped over to manual.

they are the pimpest of mazda 'cruisers' where as the rx7 is the sports car;)
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Sun, 10 October 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
half of all Cosmos sold were 13bTT and half were 20bTT. You may have dragged the 13b.

My mate bought a 20bTT Cosmo recently and yes, fuel ecconomy is crap but power and torque is awesome.

Over 220kW... can't remember the torque figure.
a fraction over 1.6tonne
75L fuel tank Laughing
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Sun, 10 October 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know for a fact it was a 20b , i saw the engine, it was clearly marked tripple rotar on the exhaust manafold
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Sun, 10 October 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw a series 6 RX& SP fill up... 100 litres of Ultimate! WTG?
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Mon, 11 October 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
personally i will NEVER buy a Rotary or a V8+ for the fact of fuel consumption.

What does everyone get anyway? I went to the coast and back with 4 people in the car and was giving it alot of stick around the mountain and after doing 770 it said it had used an average for 9.4l/100km.

As far as i know if im giving it HEAPS it uses around 11.3k/100km i think...

My old '87 barina used to use like, 5L/100km.

49.5kw OF INSANE POWER!!!! ahaha
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Mon, 11 October 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 13:10

i know for a fact it was a 20b , i saw the engine, it was clearly marked tripple rotar on the exhaust manafold

That would be the inlet manifold/plenum....'

And yeah, rotarys chow down fuel hard..... I think I used to get 140k's out of a full tank with the worst of mine. That was partly due to bad tuning tho.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Mon, 11 October 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cosmos are teh pimpest of teh pimp except for the soarer of course, also they are not that fast unless worked on, I smoked one in my dads WRX one night
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Mon, 11 October 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I first saw the story I thought it was one of these and thought who gives they are fucking shit but anyway
IMG]http://img80.exs.cx/img80/6131/MAZDA_COSMO_S_01s.j pg[/IMG]
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Mon, 11 October 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 14:15

When I first saw the story I thought it was one of these and thought who gives they are fucking shit but anyway
http://img80.exs.cx/img80/6131/MAZDA_COSMO_S_01s.jpg

Those things are fucking cool! Surprised

And as for the Cosmo being teh pimpest of teh pimp. Yes they are.

Real wood trimmed dash (walnut imported from Milan, Italy). It wraps right around and extends onto the doors. Electric everything, seats, locks, windows, the steering wheel raises up out of the way when you turn the car off and take the key out. CD stacker, GPS, TV, air purifier, AC and other things are controlled via the touchscreen TV... and these are just the things I have fiddled with so far. I am sure there's more I haven't found.

http://www.rx7-gallery.co.uk/bincosmo/cosmopics/cosmo_int.jpg
http://www.rx7-gallery.co.uk/bincosmo/cosmopics/cosmo2_fint.jpg
http://www.rx7-gallery.co.uk/bincosmo/cosmopics/cosmo2int.jpg
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Mon, 11 October 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is exactly like my mate's car... Same factory bodykit, same colour.

http://www.rx7-gallery.co.uk/bincosmo/cosmopics/cosmo_jce11.jpg
The little oval shaped thing on the sideskirt has COSMO written in it and it lights up blue when the headlights
are switched on. It is factory rice. I love to bag him about his 3rotor ricebox. Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2004 07:15]

DelusionL
Occasional Poster

September 2002

Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Mon, 11 October 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quoted wrong person sorry... frkn...

dude bagging out the cosmo.

IMG]http://img80.exs.cx/img80/6131/MAZDA_COSMO_S_01s.j pg[/IMG]
[

u seriously got no respect for one fo the tuffest cars of the times... these things in australia be worth far more than any toyota ever built... man that thing is a rarety... respect dude .. respect... why ppl so one eyed?

i mean toyota fucked the celica by making it FWD.. nothing left in RWD cept soarers/supras... most toyotas just riced up lunch box's good for the corner shop and back.. and i own one so im keeping this theory.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2004 09:08]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Mon, 11 October 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delusional you have to remeber tho, if it werent for the 20B motor the cosmo would be a bucket of shit, the 13B aint nothin special and personally i wouldnt touch one as when you get decent power out of them you tend to tip toe the line of reliability, however with the 20B you have the decent tourque and power without porting the motor soo far that you have 1mm between the ports.

The cosmo is nice but it aint the be all end all of jap cars, just remeber its still a lawnmower at heart, its just better Razz
DelusionL
Occasional Poster

September 2002

icon12.gif  Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Mon, 11 October 2004 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm is that one eye.....

13b produces power under standard builds as well as with porting. porting is only the better flow of fuel to engine.. same as makinga new manifold on ur toyota engine. stick toyotas go like rockets???

i mean i love my celica even tho i know its a bag of snot compared to a 12a power wise. and i love mk4 supras.. but is there realy anything worth owning up till the GT4 celica and the mk4 supras?

nearly forgot the MR2... kinda " not quite a supra... new one is ugly as frk. previous model was nice but still under powered for a " sports car" with out work...
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Mon, 11 October 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For a 1.6tonne car the 13B twin turbo Cosmo was too underpowered to be a real luxury sport coupe. It had only 169kW.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Mon, 11 October 2004 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at least the soarer had the 206kw with more easily attained
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Mon, 11 October 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't really given a run down of how th little race unfolded so here goes. We didn't just randomly meet up at the lights and drag, we meet earlier and decided to drag later on that night.

So we meet up and used a set of lights with a pedestrian crossing thing to get a controlled start. So we lined up and straight off the line i got ahead only to hit boost really early, wheel spin chronically (only have 225s on the rear) and the cosmo took the lead. Hit second (according to my friend watching it poped flames as it was changing... is this bad ?) and I gained back what i had lost through first gear easily but started to get nasty boost cut. Halfway through third was a bit ahead of the cosmo boost cutting away and that was as we crossed the finish (about 250 - 300 m).

With more traction and a cleaner start and NO FUCKING BOOST CUT, GOD I HATE IT, I reckon it would have been an easy win
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Tue, 12 October 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peak power comes pretty late in a Cosmo... You get a real kick in the back at around 80-90km/h. What speeds were you guys doing? The 20B has over 220kW and at full throttle sounds and goes like a jet... They are pretty quick.
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Tue, 12 October 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got well over 100km/h , by the time i was going 80- 90 km/h I had gained on him and was starting to pulling away

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 05:35]

DelusionL
Occasional Poster

September 2002

Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Tue, 12 October 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep in mind a rota idles till about 4000rpm... hehhehe

as simdog said peak power comes in lateish.. that 20b would be good till 7000rpm and still pulling hard well into redline revs

stock vs stock cosmo would outpower and perform against a 2j soarer.. urs worked?
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Tue, 12 October 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soarer is slightly worked, fmic, pod/cai, 3" exhaust from first flange off the turbo dumps boosting at maybe 15 psi on a stock ecu so gets boost cut a bit. Cosmo had a turbo back exhaust and a pod.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=47981&start=0&rid=6021&S=50568cca86b 2b5e52ae3f4be4f3469ea

theres the soarer
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Tue, 12 October 2004 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man motor tested the orignal cosmo a years back in a rotary comparison and it could even reach 100kph down a staight it took over 20 secs to cut a quarter and topped out at like 90kph. I do have respect for the car in terms of engineering and that my comment was more based at saying beating one of these Cosmos in a race would be fuckign shit as they are so slow. You just misunderstood how I wrote it thats all.
KILLA B13
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Wed, 13 October 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heyyall,

I had a Cosmo, it was a beast. It had 200rwkws and the only modifications were an exhuast and pod filter. These things have much more power standard than the imposed/claimed 206kws, more like 220kws standard, they also make over 400NM of torque at 2000rpm. Mine ran a 14.2 1/4 mile at the Sydney Jamboree on 20" rims. Struggling for traction in 1st of course. Guzzled fuel at the rate of 17L/100km though. They also last over 200,000kms when treated and maintaned as you should any car. The motor is so lazy it barely gets over 2000rpm in normal driving. Put your foot down though and it'll rev smooth to 7000rpm.

It is possible to get 1250rwhp out of a 20B Turbo.

BTW, I can't believe the amount of typicle rotary stereotyping on hear, go for a run in a average to good one and you'll change your mind. Don't fear and bag the unknown, if you haven't got the facts respect it.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Wed, 13 October 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the inside of that cosmo looks like a spaceship.
How much is 1 of those worth ???
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Wed, 13 October 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DelusionL wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 19:24

hmm is that one eye.....

13b produces power under standard builds as well as with porting. porting is only the better flow of fuel to engine.. same as makinga new manifold on ur toyota engine. stick toyotas go like rockets???

For fuck's sake. A manifold is a manifold. Changing rotary Port shape and size (in the housings, not the manifold flange) is akin to changing lift, duration and overlap on a piston motor. Stop and think about the principles involved before you post your own uninformed nonsense k?
Toyrotor
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Wed, 13 October 2004 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys.

Time to set the record straight.

All the pics of the Cosmo stuff on this thread come from my site.

http://www.dmrh.com.au

Here is the low down from the 20B Cosmo.

Produced about 224kW + 402Nm standard

Slightly smaller, shorter & lower than the Soarer.

Weighs in at 1570kg (sports) to 1640kg (luxury)

Mazda sold them as a "Eunos Cosmo" in Japan so they dont need a "Eunos" badge when they come here unlike the many Toyota Soarer guys that fit "Lexus" badges

HPI magazine took a stock (95) Soarer-TT + a stock (95) Cosmo-20B for a road test back in late 2002. Published early 2003.

They did performance tests & got the following 400m times

Cosmo = 13.5
Soarer= 14.2

They agreed the Cosmo was a better car for performance in handling, stopping & going but preffered the Soarer for its interior erganomics & "almost there" performance.

On the street, I wont waste my time against a V8 Soarer as they are a better match for the (176kW) 13B Cosmo (1450kg). However, I have taken on the odd TT Soarer & enjoyed showing them what they are missing out on.. Cool

I did take on a modified manual TT Soarer once & he pipped me until I wound out to 120kph+ before pulling in front. Sure would like a manual conversion for my Cosmo.

Check out my web site to view what my Cosmo looks like & educate yourselfs guys. A good friend is so open minded that he now owns a 20B Cosmo + a V8 Soarer & wont sell either
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Wed, 13 October 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyrotor,

Actually those pictures are linked to www.rx7-gallery.co.uk... I am sure those images get around though.

As for Cosmos, my mate actually flew up to NSW to buy his one earlier this year because they are a bit rare around Vic. The guy he bought it from had another one or two as well. I think he was a dealer and sold a few of them.

Apparently the engine is a later model one, I think '94 model, in an '89 car. It's the luxury one and is grey with a factory bodykit. Do you know this car?

I know of another one at the place I take my car to get the aircon fixed at (Carcool). The guy that works there was in Japan, fell in love with it and brought it home.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to add... Nice car you've got there... How much did it cost to comply? Apparently my mate's one cost thousands to do.

And, is that a Chaser next to your car in the first pic. I want one of them.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 13:35]

tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Wed, 13 October 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have no doubt about the 20b cosmos abilities, this is just a story about a win i had against 1 that was almost stock vs. a slightly more worked soarer. We went to about 140 km/h and by then I was slowly pulling away. The Cosmo is a nice car and rotary engines do have there merits (no reciprical force resulting in a different rev range if I recall). Nice cosmo you got there Toyrotor, cleaner than the one i raced
Toyrotor
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Thu, 14 October 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 23:27

Toyrotor,

Actually those pictures are linked to www.rx7-gallery.co.uk... I am sure those images get around though.

As for Cosmos, my mate actually flew up to NSW to buy his one earlier this year because they are a bit rare around Vic. The guy he bought it from had another one or two as well. I think he was a dealer and sold a few of them.

Apparently the engine is a later model one, I think '94 model, in an '89 car. It's the luxury one and is grey with a factory bodykit. Do you know this car?

I know of another one at the place I take my car to get the aircon fixed at (Carcool). The guy that works there was in Japan, fell in love with it and brought it home.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to add... Nice car you've got there... How much did it cost to comply? Apparently my mate's one cost thousands to do.

And, is that a Chaser next to your car in the first pic. I want one of them.

Just checked & "wow" your right. My pics sure do get around. I even found them on a Japanese Cosmo site only yesterday too.

As for the Cosmo your talking about, would that be the Grey 91 model that went to Phillip Sheen from Ballarat...??

I sold that one to him as a favour to a mate, the same mate that owned the few Cosmo's you mentioned & still owns the Cosmo + Soarer I mentioned.

The engine is a later version from 94 (Cosmo=90-95) as the seller went overboard on the original 20B & then hated the sluggish low end torque & peaky 420kW engine when on boost. Out it came & in went another original 20B to restore its original theme.

Tyottsoarer: Just checked your link to the beast. A few nice mods there. Seems a run between our cars may be an interesting event....... Very Happy

One advantage that you Soarer guys get is the fact that Toyota sent them to the USA so mods are available from there & in english. I have to struggle with obscure Japanese sites & reluctant Japanese that hate dealing internationally.

Here is a recent pic of my Cosmo in current form. (again from another site) Its a 95 model, had 24K km on it when I imported it & has 34K km on it today (yes, its a weekender). Am slowly upgrading it being careful not to ruin the "theme" of the car as thats the most important part.

http://jackson57.customer.netspace.net.au/JCES100190ap.jpg
DelusionL
Occasional Poster

September 2002

Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Thu, 14 October 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice cosmo toyrotor! would be good to get a couple nice examples of both cars and run them Wink

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Thu, 14 October 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyrotor wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 10:20

As for the Cosmo your talking about, would that be the Grey 91 model that went to Phillip Sheen from Ballarat...??

Actually no, my mate is Wanklr on Ausrotary.com and isn't Phillip Sheen... I seem to remember hearing that name referred to at some point though. See the post in the thread on Ausrotary.

I am not gonna sign up to post a comment, so you can tell them for me... Tell the stupid rotarians to get their facts straight before they poke fun at Toymods people. We may not know much about rotary engines but they have exhibited that rotarians know shit all about Toyotas.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Thu, 14 October 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 18:47

I am not gonna sign up to post a comment, so you can tell them for me... Tell the stupid rotarians to get their facts straight before they poke fun at Toymods people. We may not know much about rotary engines but they have exhibited that rotarians know shit all about Toyotas.

or anything with pistons for that matter! Evil or Very Mad
Toyrotor
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Thu, 14 October 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 19:17

Actually no, my mate is Wanklr on Ausrotary.com and isn't Phillip Sheen... I seem to remember hearing that name referred to at some point though. See the post in the thread on Ausrotary.

Just read that Cosmo VS Soarer post on the Ausrotary forum again. WANKLR told me he has the ex "Steve Roache" Cosmo. I did the compliance on that one & offered to get his car going harder so you dont get a 2-from-2 record on him.......... Laughing

Dont worry about the heckling from the kids on that forum. Most are young teenagers & blind to anything that doesn't rotate. I was like that when I was younger. Matured & bought the wife a 93-model Sera as its cheap to run & trendy. Since sold it & bought her a Eunos 500. Piston power is practical & there is no denying it.

My Cosmo should be good for a theoretical 300kW with its current mods. yet no matter how much I put into the 20B, I still get pipped by 4-WD WRX's from the lights until 60kph+ when I go screaming by. Damn, I need that manual conversion........ Confused
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Thu, 14 October 2004 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is not denying it... The Cosmo would be an absolute beast with a manual transmission. So much is lost by having to wait for the revs and boost.

Wanklr bought an aftermarket ECU for it and we were a little bit dissappointed that there was no noticable improvement with it installed. Has he spoken to you about it? Is there some tips you could offer?
ZLAKLR
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Sat, 16 October 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, I thought I would jump in and add my opinion Smile
I am from NZ and own a 20B JC Cosmo. My car only has a pod filter in custom made cold air box, a 3" exhaust from the turbo into twin 2 1/2" at the back. This, and running extremely rich (10.7:1 a/f's, should be in the 12:1 area) still managed 198.6 RWKW at only .6 bar of boost! The only other mods I have done, and this has absolutely transformed the car, and thats a conversion to a S6 RX7 5 speed gear box!
No low down power loss (other than when the shitty twin turbo set up doesnt want to work, which is the only real problem with the late tt rotaries) but lots of wheel spin. before the conversion like all Cosmos the car wouldnt get up and realy boogy until around 4000rpm or 90km/h +/- a little. Now it just gets up and goes, once you get traction that is as it isnt un-usualy for it to momenterily spin the tyres in the change to 3rd, and this is near stock boost! When its a cold day, it just gets worse (or is that better??? Smile )

Now I am not going to get into twhat is faster bullshit debate, but when it comes to racing an unknown person onthe street, there is far more that the cars ability that comes into. So manypeople say they beet another car, yet for all they know the other driver could be a pussy (or actualy have brains and not wanting to go crazy on the street) or simply have no driving ability what so ever. So if you beat a car on the street in uncontrolled contditions, it means nothing.

Being bias maybe (more than likely lol), looks, the cosmo has it over the soarer any day (that ugly round ass end is soo unatractive, the front is nice)

my cars
http://www.pbase.com/zlaklr

http://www.nzrotary.com/summerdrags/images/DSCN6594.jpg
this car now sits arond 3" lower and has a Gt jap style rear wing

someone should stick a pair of turbos on a V8 Soarer Smile

sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Sat, 06 August 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/images/uploads/cosmo0805hm.jpg
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Sun, 07 August 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what a great reason to revive a thread Razz
Toyrotor
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Sun, 07 August 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.cosmosmagazine.com.au/img/issue_2/cover.jpg
Endless
Regular

October 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Thu, 08 September 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah well , while this is revived - toyrota - those rims are absolute porn Shocked
What are the model / brand / size
Toyrotor
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Fri, 09 September 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is the inspiration behind the purchase.

Got them from Tempe Tyres in Sydney's south for $2700

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/gallery_closeup.asp?g roup=Mazda&imageid=image1&index=Mazda+1%2E 2
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Fri, 09 September 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on the note of manual cosmo's, i swear the one that was drifting the other night at oran park was a manual, definately sounded like it for the gear changes hmmm food for thought.
Toyrotor
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Fri, 09 September 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very observant.

It was a manual converted Cosmo.

Snapped the box though. The 20B pumps out too much torque for a series-4 RX-7 box to handle........

[Updated on: Sat, 10 September 2005 23:30]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Fri, 09 September 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats his plans?

R154?
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Sun, 18 September 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what pedal box did he use? imported an amemiya one?
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: tt soarer vs Mazda Cosmo... what the hells a Cosmo? Wed, 30 November 2005 00:28 Go to previous message
i dont know if you guys have seen the 20b in a sprinter but that thing flew!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1jz 1/4 mile times
Next Topic:thread for drifting results!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:33:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083479881286621 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.