Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
terra
Regular

July 2005
Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 05:59 Go to next message
its a PS2 game by Konamai.

handling is very very very picky, which makes drifting awesome (more real then gt4+normal tyres)

theres meters that read tyre grip levels, a "g-ball" and other weight shifting meters.

tuning is simple with a sliding scale.

best of all, its got old cars in it Very Happy

i just started with an L16 powered bluebird Razz (yup it lists engine code in game as well)

it also leaves tyremarks on the ground

there IS a clutch too.

edit: hope you got a steering wheel.

edit: backgroudns are better then gt4 but car detail isnt up to par (way better then gt3, not as good as gt4 in some parts but better in the parts that count -- ie shiney chrome and wheels), replays are VERY VERY VEYR good, if what a bit bland with the camera angles, but the way the cars move around under acceleration, clutch, braking etc is all very good.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 August 2005 06:14]

Send a private message to this user    
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When is this release (if it hasnt already)?
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its out.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh you haven't played forza have you, in replays, you can see all the g-force shit, percantage of throttle being applied power revs to the single rpm, force being applied to individual wheel tyres temp etc etc same as Live for speed 2 on pc. Nothing new about that stuff.
These games are also excellent for drifting, sounds good though tell us more once you get into it, is it available just on ps2 or ohter systems as well. Seems to be a shed load of racing games coming out this year.
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought auto modelista for $9 at Harvey Norman Smile

I'm going to have to buy this as well.

terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 15:53

meh you haven't played forza have you, in replays, you can see all the g-force shit, percantage of throttle being applied power revs to the single rpm, force being applied to individual wheel tyres temp etc etc same as Live for speed 2 on pc. Nothing new about that stuff.
These games are also excellent for drifting, sounds good though tell us more once you get into it, is it available just on ps2 or ohter systems as well. Seems to be a shed load of racing games coming out this year.

forza is to "arcade"

this is VERY realistice, even more so then gt4, in gt4 theres no problems full locking steering at 200kph
where as if you did it in this you instantly die Razz

same with lifting off hte accelerator at speed/cornering, instantly overteer snap just like real life

acceleration is picky too

its very rewarding to play and drive properly

in the carreer mode if you hit too many things you get penalised and cant evter races, etc.

oh yeha about that, you DO NOT need to win races, just gotta drive good (cars "level up" so does your driving skill, it goes pu or down depending on if you stuff up or not)

very hard to play on the controller

ive only seen it on ps2 might be on xbox.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zasa wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 16:29

I bought auto modelista for $9 at Harvey Norman Smile

I'm going to have to buy this as well.

looks like ill have to vist harveys sometime soon Shocked
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lfs2 has the best physics then forza then gt4, will have to check enthusia out see if its any good.
i play lfs2 mostly even though its only a demo cos of online play you drift with say another 10 ppl, 5 car drift trains are always cool when they work.
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was a clearance rack they put out.

Doubt you'll find it in melbourne.

If you send me some money I'd be more than happy to grab you a copy. They have dozens of them there, and I work right accross the road from HN.

It's a fun classic arcade capcom game.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a "copy" on xbox, but iv sold my "modded" xbox
do chips effect ps2s online?
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nfi
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Emthusia is the title?
Is this an aust game? Bought off the shelf? Recent release?
If u have it can u tell me if it will supoort the Logitech 900 degree sterring wheel? Runs from USB port, cause of this all games but GT4 have failed to recognise it.....
GRR
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 17:36

Emthusia is the title?
Is this an aust game? Bought off the shelf? Recent release?
If u have it can u tell me if it will supoort the Logitech 900 degree sterring wheel? Runs from USB port, cause of this all games but GT4 have failed to recognise it.....
GRR

yeah i bought it from a shop here in SA

no idea about steering wheel support sorry, maybe Konami's webpage might help?

i play lfs but the new physics engine in that isnt as good as the old pre s2 days.

Id say its quite comparable, in teh way if ya a noob its bloody hard to drive Razz

but tuning is way less complicated.
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive just started racing some over cars...

you CANNOT go MANUAL for cars that only come in automatic in real life Very Happy
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No game will ever beat "Touge III" or "Road Rage 3" as it is labelled in Aus...

The concept of the game is to drift well on mountain passes, pretty poor grafics but its so much fun... The final race is between you and Keiichi Tsyuchiya...

http://www.ncsx.com/www/ncs100801/Friday/touge_max_3.jpg
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werd Keal

Best thing is its only 20 bucks too

I love Akagi. The only thing i dont like is you cant step the wheels onto gutters as it blocks you as ur driving on the wall. Other than that, Hours and Hours worth of fun.

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although I do want to try/buy Enthusia...

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea, Road Rage 3.. luv it, that was one of the games I own and tried my steering wheel on that it didnt recognise it.... so dissapointed.
And u keep winning cars and cars.... want to know what the full list of cars available to unlock....
Care to list the car list yall have?
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 26 August 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont have anything special in it... I think I have like a race MX5... I dont really play PS2 much...
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Sat, 27 August 2005 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 18:20

The concept of the game is to drift well on mountain passes, pretty poor grafics but its so much fun... The final race is between you and Keiichi Tsyuchiya...

i own road rage 2 & 3 Smile
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Sun, 28 August 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 18:50

i've got kaido battle and the physics are shit but the graphics are good
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Thu, 01 September 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought enthusia for $27 on wednesday, I've got a bad case of the flu so I decided to buy it... And the fact that it was only 27 bucks... I think the physics in the game are absolutely fantastic, most realistic ever... The graphics aren't the best but theyre pretty good, the clutch is the best feature...

Everything about it is so realistic...

I rate it 4/5 only due to the fact that some races when it flicks through the opponents cars to choose one that you can unlock and use, sometimes even if it lands on a car... It says "No Cars Unlocked" which makes me go clickers...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Thu, 01 September 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
terra wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 18:23

i play lfs but the new physics engine in that isnt as good as the old pre s2 days.

i call bullcrap!

The physics in LFS S2 are much better and much more improved, feels a lot more realistic in S2.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Thu, 01 September 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate LFS... both of them...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Thu, 01 September 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why?
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Thu, 01 September 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant say exactly but I think the main reason is that the game has no structure, you dont work your way up to faster cars and the racing is absolutely shit the AI is lousy, online is just as hopeless... No matter what setup the car has it just oversteers, the cars are not real, the tracks are shit...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Thu, 01 September 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cos they actually require skill and an understanding of how a car reacts to a certain situation to play, oh and there is an advantage at tuning your own setups rather than just using the stock ones the game gives you Laughing
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Thu, 01 September 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Enthusia is more realistic than LFS anyway... Have you played it???
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Thu, 01 September 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah if you are just using the stock setups or randomly changing options then you havent really tapped the potential of LFS whatsoever.

also, its not a 'game' per-se where you go through 'rounds' or 'races' and work your way up, its more of a simulator than a 'game'...

obviously there are some things it could do better but i think overall that it does a pretty good job...

loev the fact that you can also use an analog clutch and stuff with LFS as well

would be cool if you could stall the car and stuff, or do compression lockups, but meh!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Thu, 01 September 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd say the track in the demo is actually pretty cool and the fact that you can access all the cars is much better for online play. I only play online and have some great battles both racing/drifting. I beg to differ on the oversteer argument, my set is designed to oversteer for drift but it'll stick crack a good lap time but the stock sets under steer like a mofo.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Thu, 01 September 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See enthusia offers compression lockups... If you come into a corner and accidentally go to 1st instead of second your back wheels lock that the revs go through the roof...

It was $27 for me at JB Hifi at Miranda Im not sure If all of the JB Hifi stores have the same price but if they do I would recommend getting it...
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Thu, 01 September 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find that with most game I play I loose interest very quickly... I find that both versions of LFS I decided to delete off the computer on the same day of installing it... GT4 and Enthusia I still play though...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Thu, 01 September 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It takes way more than a day to get into LFS, when i first started playing it i couldn't drive at all, it took me about a month befor i could drift the turbo car due to the oversteer but now i have mastered it.
I had no idea how anyone could drive the turbo as well as they did but alot of it came down to setting up the car and getting used to it. I run a very different setup to most ppl and in terms of drift would be one of the fastest ppl online/ racing i am still slow fastest time around 1:29/1:28 many ppl doing lots quicker than that mind you i don't have a race set i use the drift set which loses out on cornering speed because of oversteer and my tyres last 3 laps if i am lucky.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Thu, 01 September 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had enough of this argument, im gonna go play Enthusia... And drive my E55 AMG
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Thu, 01 September 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 09:25

It takes way more than a day to get into LFS, when i first started playing it i couldn't drive at all, it took me about a month befor i could drift the turbo car due to the oversteer but now i have mastered it.
I had no idea how anyone could drive the turbo as well as they did but alot of it came down to setting up the car and getting used to it. I run a very different setup to most ppl and in terms of drift would be one of the fastest ppl online/ racing i am still slow fastest time around 1:29/1:28 many ppl doing lots quicker than that mind you i don't have a race set i use the drift set which loses out on cornering speed because of oversteer and my tyres last 3 laps if i am lucky.

Course, if you had a corona in the game you would be doing 1minute flat times around the track Laughing

how hilarious would that be if when they allow custom car models in the game, that someone modelled a corona in.. and even only gave it like 63kw of power at the wheel(single spinnah powah)
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 09 September 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did some research and ordered Enthusia.......

The graphics are a little off par, apparently slightly better than GT3 A-Spec graphics.
However the physics and dynamics should please. As with initial introduction to playing GT4 there was some whining...
It was described as; the game was meant to emphasise on driving technique rather than modifications to the car to win races.
And it supports the Logitech Driving Force Pro in 900 degree mode.
If the actual gameplay is what you love this is meant to shit on GT4 in that area.
And also found out that though not advertised, the Logitech Driving Force Pro does indeed work on a PC... However it may not necessarily work in 900 degree mode, depending on game or driver I guess.
So all you Live For Speed fanatics, maybe worth investing in...

Thnx heaps Terra for the find...
Very happy to find another game to play 900 degree'er on, GT4 has been wearing off on me, and the damn X-Box has no decent steering wheels developed for it yet...
And I personally can't be happy driving fake cars, as I am in love with the cars developed in reality...
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: Enthusia > GT4 for drifting Fri, 09 September 2005 13:56 Go to previous message
Hah my mate has had this game for a while, we were playing it other day, its great fun twin drifting down Dragon Run or whatever its name is... and seeing as we both have DFPs it made it awesome fun.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SHIZEN! L@@K at this rotary celica!
Next Topic:responsiveness turbo vs NA
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 16:08:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006415843963623 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.