Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 September 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes they do, Tein flex are currently the only model available though.
You used to be able to get the HE / HA for them and you can probably still find them if you're keen.
  Send a private message to this user    
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 September 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys i have a suspension question.....

when i go over even the smallest ditch in the road, there is like this massive thud as if there were no shocks, its only happens in the front right and rear left of the car. other than that the suspension is fine for normal driving. it also happens when i go around a corner really hard (only the rear left tho).

does it sound like my shocks are gone?

the car has been lowered by previous owner, but i dont think he changes the shocks over.

how much is a good set of shocks for a st165 gt4? and is it possible for shocks to raise your car even like a couple cm, or lower it? or is that springs alone?
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 September 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like bump stops to me. Have them replaced, they dont cost much.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 September 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ball park figure, how much includeing labour?

what exactly is a bump stop?
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 September 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In fact you should probably do it yourself, not hard to do. Expect to pay around $50 a pair.

This is what they look like:
http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/KJ09101.jpg

And this is where they sit on your struts:
http://www.satxpoc.gq.nu/images/bumpstop11.jpg
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 September 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Fri, 09 September 2005 12:17

thats around how much ill be asking if mine ever comes up for sale ...

Is that all..... I will be asking about 50 grand for my Group A. That way I know no one will buy it Laughing
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 September 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did say "if" dude - shes a keeper atm
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 September 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fucking police....fuckers..fucking mcfucks...so im on my home from work 2nite...i pull into my street..and all of a sudden ive got an unmarked car pulling me over...they both get out...go over my car with torches..tyres..under the car...thru the windows..under the hood...ect..then they start with the questions..."is this ur car" "how long have u had it" "where did u get it" "how long have u lived here" this went on for about 10 minutes or so....then one of them asks "u working 2nite mate?" and i replied...standing there in my eagle boys outfit "nah mate i just like wearing a bright fucking pink polo shirt and office trousers koz im a weird prick" koz ive had enuff of them seeing as how they had pulled me over and failed to tell me what for in 10 minutes and i just wanted to get home (wich was about 4 doors up the road) so one of them writes some stuff down..and says "sir im issuing you this notice to appear at the exhaust volume testing area in the car park behind the queensland roads building, if you fail to appear there within the next 15 minutes you will recieve a $450 fine"...so i drive straight there...right past my house...i get there...its cold...im cold...and tired...and pissed off...and as i go arouund the back of the carpark i notice they have probably every modified jap car in town there lined up waiting for tests....so i wait about a fucking hour before they get around to testing mine...2 of the coppers there were asking me about my car an how i got it and how it must be a nice car an they hadnt seen one before...anyway i finally get onto the test pad they have set up...and the cop starts flicking through his list of cars..and i say to him, "you wont find it in there mate there's only like 5 of them in the country" and he smugly snaps back "we have ALL import vehicles in here as well as domestic delivered vehicles" and i just think to myself...fine..whatever u say....so anyway he flicks throught the book for about 5 minutes trying to find the st165...and then says "i have the 185 and the 205 gtfour but they have the 3sgte" having allready told this guy its a "1987 toyota celica gtfour- st165, 3SGTE" i say again "its the same engine as the 185 mate" so anyway he tests...and tests...and tests....and tests...and tests...on the last test i started to hear alot of knock....
my exhaust note put out 91.7 db...the limit being 90 + a leeway of 1.9 db so i was .2 of a db under a defect..and the prick sat there killing my engine for a good 10 minutes trying to get it to jump that .2 of a db...eventually he says "yeah mate ur fine to go sorry for the delay" and im thinking he only stopped koz he heard the knocking and shat himself...anyway it wasnt knocking on the way home but it had next to no power at all Sad btw he was testing at 4700 rpm

fucking pricks
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 September 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-=DV=- wrote on Fri, 09 September 2005 22:03

if you fail to appear there within the next 15 minutes you will recieve a $450 fine"...so i drive straight there...right past my house...i get there...its cold...im cold...and tired...and pissed off...and as i go arouund the back of the carpark i notice they have probably every modified jap car in town there lined up waiting for tests....so i wait about a fucking hour before they get around to testing mine...

hey man that is totally unfair. what if you are busy, need to get somewhere, have an emergency etc?? i'd also be mighty pissed.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 September 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
time for a letter to the local constabulary (sp?) methinks..
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 September 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit and i thought the cops in newcastle were anal

well guys id just like to introdude myself. Ive been reading everything i can get my hands on in this forum for the 4-5months and finally bought a 185 2 months ago from another bloke on these forums

the car is now in newcastle
mods/specs:
rebuilt 3sgte with forgies
FMIC
water/methanol injection (if anyone has positive/negative comments about these things id be interested to hear. ive only been running water as i hadnt been able to find methanol but yeh what do u guys think of these systems)
haltech e6x computer
3" turbo back (someone posted earlier that not many gt4 owners have bling. well ive got a huge ass cannon Sad)
hi flowed ct26 with garrett internals
bspec 2 boost controller at 12psi

and thats it i think

its going to be retuned when troy gets the 4w dyno Smile

http://members.iinet.net.au/~deiter/Celica/1851.JPG

thats a kinda dodgy picture but u can someidea of what it looks like

[Updated on: Fri, 09 September 2005 14:15]

GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 September 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on another note toobs you wrote earlier that u have spacers for the rear wheel to bring them out a bit wider so the wheels dont look like theyre sitting in the middle of the body?

i really interested as thats one of the few things i dislike about the wide body gt4s, well mine ne way.

can u gimme an idea on price and where i can get em from also do they need to be engineered and are they difficult to put on??

thanks mate
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 10 September 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got H&R 25mm spacers.
Au distributor: TCCA Motorsport http://www.tccamotorsport.com.au/
Part No: 5025541
Price: ~$250

They just bolt onto your existing studs with supplied nuts and have their own studs already pressed in.
Installation was as easy as removing the wheels, bolting on the spacers and then putting the wheel back on (about as hard as changing 4 wheels)

As far as engineering goes I believe that they would need to be engineered to be legal, however, I don't think they should be compared with your garden variety spacers as these have hub centric rings and don't require longer studs or any such BS.
They are made in Germany and when you open the box you will see the quality of workmanship straight away.

JustenGT4 put me onto them in the first place, however, I think a lot of the guys around here have them.
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 10 September 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alright thanks mate, however as today has developed ive realised money must be directed backl towards keeping the thing on the road...

the turbo has been making fluttering noises at idle.. so we pulled the pod and intake piping off to find one of the washers on the intake turbo wheel is chipped. my mate reckons this couyld be the cause of the problem..

ne1 have a better idea or can u tell me ne where in newcastle or sydney that is reputable at doing that kinda work?

thanx
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 10 September 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grizzly thats awsome man. i remember that car comming up for sale and was like WHOOOOAAA!!
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 10 September 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any u boys into house music?

If so tonight Dirty Laundry are at family! if you want to see the best live act u will ever see catch these guys there fresh.
Very nice to dance along too. Caught em at mybar at the goldcoast sunday night was probably the best night out I have had in ages so yeah going to head to the family tonight to see em again...

laters
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 10 September 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GriZZly wrote on Sat, 10 September 2005 13:22

alright thanks mate, however as today has developed ive realised money must be directed backl towards keeping the thing on the road...

the turbo has been making fluttering noises at idle.. so we pulled the pod and intake piping off to find one of the washers on the intake turbo wheel is chipped. my mate reckons this couyld be the cause of the problem..

ne1 have a better idea or can u tell me ne where in newcastle or sydney that is reputable at doing that kinda work?

thanx

mate i dunno of anywhere in newwy thats good for that kind of work...but i can tell ya to steer clear of turbo technics, ive heard nothing but bad stuff about them and my mates 300zx went in there with a couple of small issues...and came back with like 10x more problems and barely ran anymore...
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 10 September 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tooch wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 22:21

Some oil around the BOV outlet is normal, its from the PCV. If there's bucketloads of it then somethings wrong. When you say smoke under load, do you mean under boost? Cos they usually blow smoke under full boost due to running rich. If it's blue smoke under any kinda load, or at idle, like my car WAS doing,then theres problems Smile

The smoke is pretty much white. Smells like burning oil though. Also get some black soke with lots of revs. About 6-7k. No smoke at low revs though up till after 3k. At least the engine seems to run well. Smile
I will be putting up a proper list of stuff I need to get it on the road pretty soon.
So far I know I need.

power steering rack.
Stock exhast from the cat back, will need second cat. (I am being chaep:))
front sway bar. (will probably go whiteline front and rear.)
Possible need power steering pump.
I am thinking of geting a stock top mount intercooler, or a plumback BOV.
New turbo, or Reco turbo.
new brake pads. (any one recomend anything)
Possible rear wheel bearings.
drivers side seat belt.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 10 September 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went to the bennica dyno day today, heres my dyno sheet.

96.5kw at a 5800rpm.

pretty bump curve tho, i think i have issues with my boost controller/wastegate.

the car is mostly stock, and was runing 7-8psi says the operator.

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/9992/dynosheetsep10th8am.th.jpg

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9991/dynorun2wb.th.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 10 September 2005 08:59]

sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 10 September 2005 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-=DV=- wrote on Fri, 09 September 2005 22:03

fucking police....fuckers..fucking mcfucks...so im on my home from work 2nite...i pull into my street..and all of a sudden ive got an unmarked car pulling me over...they both get out...go over my car with torches..tyres..under the car...thru the windows..under the hood...ect..then they start with the questions..."is this ur car" "how long have u had it" "where did u get it" "how long have u lived here" this went on for about 10 minutes or so....then one of them asks "u working 2nite mate?" and i replied...standing there in my eagle boys outfit "nah mate i just like wearing a bright fucking pink polo shirt and office trousers koz im a weird prick" koz ive had enuff of them seeing as how they had pulled me over and failed to tell me what for in 10 minutes and i just wanted to get home (wich was about 4 doors up the road) so one of them writes some stuff down..and says "sir im issuing you this notice to appear at the exhaust volume testing area in the car park behind the queensland roads building, if you fail to appear there within the next 15 minutes you will recieve a $450 fine"...so i drive straight there...right past my house...i get there...its cold...im cold...and tired...and pissed off...and as i go arouund the back of the carpark i notice they have probably every modified jap car in town there lined up waiting for tests....so i wait about a fucking hour before they get around to testing mine...2 of the coppers there were asking me about my car an how i got it and how it must be a nice car an they hadnt seen one before...anyway i finally get onto the test pad they have set up...and the cop starts flicking through his list of cars..and i say to him, "you wont find it in there mate there's only like 5 of them in the country" and he smugly snaps back "we have ALL import vehicles in here as well as domestic delivered vehicles" and i just think to myself...fine..whatever u say....so anyway he flicks throught the book for about 5 minutes trying to find the st165...and then says "i have the 185 and the 205 gtfour but they have the 3sgte" having allready told this guy its a "1987 toyota celica gtfour- st165, 3SGTE" i say again "its the same engine as the 185 mate" so anyway he tests...and tests...and tests....and tests...and tests...on the last test i started to hear alot of knock....
my exhaust note put out 91.7 db...the limit being 90 + a leeway of 1.9 db so i was .2 of a db under a defect..and the prick sat there killing my engine for a good 10 minutes trying to get it to jump that .2 of a db...eventually he says "yeah mate ur fine to go sorry for the delay" and im thinking he only stopped koz he heard the knocking and shat himself...anyway it wasnt knocking on the way home but it had next to no power at all Sad btw he was testing at 4700 rpm

fucking pricks

Those SOBS!!!!! Man im sorry you had to go through that, There are some asswips for cops here in QLD. I hate them with a passion.

I had a smiliar issue just a month back. Driving on the way home from work, a XR6 pulls up next to me, reving his engine and stuff...had the "Indy..Braceyourself" number plates on his Grey XR6..Was keen to race me. But i did not want to waste my premium unleaded on a fricken ford, so i let the knob go on his own, but he dropped back. 2 mins from my house, there is a empty road i regulary speed on...10 O'clock at night..no traffic, moving along fairly quick.. then i see red and blue flashing lights right up my arse. Just the one cop, by himself, Old guy. First thing he said to me, "finally, i caught you!!"...i was shitting my panse, it was my first speeding ticket...Then he tells me to get out of the car, and i follow him to his car, just happened to be a Grey XR6 with "Indy..braceyouself" number plates..undercover cop car, he tells me to look in, he got me at 96 in a 60 zone. Mad

He askes me for my license, "so your 17, with a car like this..." ..i kindly reply ignoring the fact that dumbasss cant do simple math, and say "no, im 19 sir"....Then he said he wont keep me long, writes and ticket, and i was off...Fucken scum..

GriZZly wrote on Sat, 10 September 2005 00:18

on another note toobs you wrote earlier that u have spacers for the rear wheel to bring them out a bit wider so the wheels dont look like theyre sitting in the middle of the body?

i really interested as thats one of the few things i dislike about the wide body gt4s, well mine ne way.

can u gimme an idea on price and where i can get em from also do they need to be engineered and are they difficult to put on??

thanks mate

I have those spacers on mine as well, here are some photos. I bought them from Spectral on these forums, for $235 if i remember correctly..I contacted those guys Toobs mentioned, Never got a reply back to emails i sent. I found some online, in the states, I will try dig up the site, i bookmarked it somewhere.

http://img113.echo.cx/img113/7753/dsc2196medium8ox.jpg
http://img237.echo.cx/img237/6113/dsc2208medium4so.jpg
http://img61.echo.cx/img61/1162/dsc2210medium1xw.jpg
http://img113.echo.cx/img113/4039/dsc2209medium3ne.jpg

Cool
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 10 September 2005 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeez that sucks DV... I never saw your post all the way up there!

I would feel sorry for the cop that tells me he has to drive my car... I won't go into detail but lets just say 9mm bullets wouldn't be sufficient.
Not that cops have any cause to touch your car anyway.

Also sik those studs on your spacers look much longer than standard... did you change them for any specific reason?

PS TCCA don't answer emails but if you phone them they'll sort you out pretty quick... they will post things out to you too if you're not local enough to pick up.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 11 September 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the cops were pricks..but not as bad as the one that got me the day i baught my 165 in newccastle...i took it out for a cruise and on the way home there was this dickhead in a green wrx...bov, massive rums, fully kitted up ect ect sitting beside me and planting it...then dropping back and planting it again, when i didnt bite he floored it for a few seconds then dropped back again....i still didnt bite so he got in behind me and started tramping it on and off, after about 10 minutes i thaught "fuck it" dropped it back to 3rd and floored it thru some traffic and around a corner and such. he stayed with me for about 3 seconds then he dropped off....so i slowed back down to cruise...about 30 seconds later i hear a siren and see a blue light in my rear view...so i pull into a side street and pull over.....and fuck me dead it was the green wrx....fuckwits, he was screaming all sorts of profanities at me and said several times "your gone mate ur fucking gone u idiot" then get a call over his radio jumped in his car...took off and said "u'll get it in the fucking mail moron"..but i never recieved anything from it.

man those wheel spacers look mad, wouldnt mind a set of those for the back of my 165, the back wheels sit way far in. do they affect handeling at all?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 11 September 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What that cop did was entrapment.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 11 September 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that's pretty much totally illegal - just say you saw the guy speeding several times next to you and then he'll get in the shit for speeding (unless cops are in pursuit they must obey the rules just like everyone else!)
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 11 September 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh thatd be good sikx5 thanx man

i just emailed tcca then but ill just have to wait and see..
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 11 September 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just phone TCCA on monday dude... previous reports seem to suggest that they are pretty slow / poor at answering their emails.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 11 September 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are u sure it was a cop man??

modded green wrx. yelling profanities. doubt it was a real cop dude.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, im looking at what i should be doing to upgrade my engine in the st165.

ive been looking and asking all the local victorian/melbourne import shops about getting a st205 halfcut but no one gets them anymore cause they are so rare. so i was wondering if the 3sgte from the mr2 is a straight swap into a gt4?

if so, how much does a gen3 3sgte from an mr2 go for these days?
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt think the mr2 ever came with the 3rd gen 3sgte...only the second?...im probably wrong though.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just called up about my Ferrea valves which I ordered a month or so ago... have discovered that they were most likely caught up in hurricane katrina (Ferrea are in Florida)!

Looks like I'm going to have to wait a bit longer for the engine to be done Sad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gen3's came out in mr2's - just with an air to air cooler instead ..

Standard LSD , better gearbox etc etc ..

Just like the St205 ..

Best Mr2's ever for outright grunt - also Fsking expensive to get a rearcut from

Also Ferrera = Now very waterlogged , most likely ...

cant get loccal ones or TRD ones to Suit Toobs ?

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lets just say TRD don't have a valvetrain to suit my requirements... might need to find another supply of comp 6000 valves.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Then joo is going to Sic bro Smile

Toms ? the other other TRD ? they dont have em ?

I know your going for mad camness ? Mr bates hasnt got any leads on suppliers of higher end stuff ?
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I won't steal all Joe's thunder by revealing the numbers but he's still at the dyno and as i built the thing i think i can reveal the results are damn impressive Smile

For a stock internal 3S the package is putting some 'built' engines to shame and the only things holding it back from even bigger numbers are maxed out injectors. All on a very street friendly 15psi too. Makes me wish i had given it a decent tune a long time ago.

This is my old White GrpA of course.

Dyno graph this arvo with luck.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking forward to seeing the results justen - Seeing mines going to be the gen2.5 version of pretty much what he has ..

The white ones my guideline and benchmark to aim for Smile
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can say Stu that to make the most of your strong internals you should be looking at 680cc/min injctors as a minimum. On 20psi this combo would be good for approx 260awkw . What cams are you running again?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a set of 264 HKS's - same as what went into your white one sitting here waiting to go in , also i have some 540's which will get me up for the time being - and if all goes well - the turbo and Exhaust manifold will be looked at next year

I had this delay with the starter motor going arse up and sending crap into the clutch + flywheel - thats got to be sorted before i can go to the next lot of power ups.

Im also making sure i actually have up to scratch brakes too - no point going fast - if you cant stop it huh Smile

Edit : Id ber hppy with 220 - but id love to see just what this thing is capable of. Its taken everythign in its stride so far - and is begging for a bigger turbo , better cams , and a fuel system thats up to feeding the beast

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 04:40]

sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=
Also sik those studs on your spacers look much longer than standard... did you change them for any specific reason?
[/quote]

There standard as far as i know dude, I bought them of Spectral. He bought them brand new from Britian i think it was.

GriZZly wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 18:37

yeh thatd be good sikx5 thanx man

i just emailed tcca then but ill just have to wait and see..

Heres the site:
http://store.yahoo.com/import-store/5025541.html

Very Happy

Hey Justen,
Cant wait to hear about Zasas beast, Just wondering, What mods did you do to that engine?

Cheers
Shane

Very Happy
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://935motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php ?products_id=632&osCsid=3b0634136dae3eec56b647 00b963c5c5

hey guys, has anyone upgraded there rotors? does any1 know if the st165 and st185 disks/rotors are the same?

or is it a better idea to get the standard disks slotted and drilled?
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane, Nothing too wiid, just well matched.

The usual intake mods and full 3 inch exhaust. GT2540 turbo on an adaptor on the stock 205 manifold. External 40mm Tial wastegate. All pipes etc ceramic coated and/or wrapped. Blitz 264 cams with TTE magnesium can gears (no you can't buy these, i got them off bates WRC Corolla). Thermo tec wrap everything you can. Aquamist water injection kit. Power FC ECU. IC water pump runs continuous. bosch motorspot fuel pump, runs 13V constant. Adjustable fuel pressure reg.

That's it for the engine. Just run good oil and do regular fluid changes.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AhA ! a difference - Yours are blitz cams - mine will be HKS .. i wonder if realy there is any difference at all ..

but nods - sounds like its just a very healthy strong gen3 with all the good trimmings bolted on it can have Smile

proves a pretty simple recipe when dialed in right Smile

tough out of the box and built apon Smile I just hope my built from the inside out gen 2.5 can be as impressive or at least - part thereof
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,

Looks like Justen couldn't help himself Smile

Here are some pics of todays event. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the results.

211.3kw atw was achieved @ 15psi.

The tuner at DTS (previously known as Ming Automotive) was very helpful, and was very impressed with the results. Glen Kelly said "the turbo is still sleeping, hasn't even woken up yet!"

His advice was to upgrade injectors and forged internals, which should quite easily give me 300kw atw. That's next on the list of mods.

http://www.users.on.net/~zasa/Photos/GT4/graph.jpg

http://www.users.on.net/~zasa/Photos/GT4/prep.jpg

http://www.users.on.net/~zasa/Photos/GT4/results.j pg
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From those curves Joe i can see more gains just from playing with the cam timing as well. Bigger injectors though and i wouldn't worry about forged internals for a bit yet. Damn impressive result for sure...what does it feel like on the road now?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that torque figure for real?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 16:23

Is that torque figure for real?

Unlike power torque is multiplied at the wheels
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but a standard GT4 only punches out 500Nm of torque.
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It feels bloody great!

Much more responsive than before.

Couldn't drive it too hard though as it was pissing down.

Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent numbers ZASA!

A real inspiration to a stock Group A owner Sad

Any reason they did the run in 3rd gear instead of 4th? Doesn't the ratio being greater than 1.0 affect the numbers?

PS - very quick to update your sig as well!
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty P wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 17:18

Excellent numbers ZASA!

A real inspiration to a stock Group A owner Sad

Any reason they did the run in 3rd gear instead of 4th? Doesn't the ratio being greater than 1.0 affect the numbers?

PS - very quick to update your sig as well!

Third gear gives more accurate results (4th gear + drivetrain losses etc = less accurate apparently from what i've read)

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 08:33]

YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice Joe

You so have to take me for a run in it one day Razz

Hmm....so who wants to lend/give me 10g or more to build an engine? Laughing
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmss - not bad figures - though i would have thought she'd punch out more , but still its better than what any of us have done so far and by all means theres a crapload more power to tap into with the turbo hanging off the side of your motor Zasa

Looking at that curve though is interesting, at the top at least yours still seems to be climbing slowly - mine tapered off at 170 KW due to it not being able to hold pressure steady , and dipping down into lower fuel maps ..

I reckon if i got that sorted by removing the aftermarket mboost controller/ FCD thats still working with the wolf , and just let it run straight ECU - i should be able to squeeze out another 10 - 15 KW maximum and maybe a pound or to more pressure before it starts leaning off with the stock goodness of fuelrail , injector and pumps ..

Would be nice to have a ST185 , with 185 at the wheels before the upgrade - it would be kinda fitting to bow out the Ct26 on a high note Smile

But yeah - Gives me an idea too of what to look for when the next power stuff comes my way and a comparison to work off ..

Are you going to upgrade the intercooling side of things or see how far the water to air can be pushed before it needs to go large frontmount ?
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i see that your using the power FC computer there?
what is the advantage of that computer over say a haltech e6x??

i will be looking and getting a computer for my gen1 3sgte at some stage and am wandering what i should be looking for.

haltec's will cost around 2500$ installed and tunned. how bout the power fc?

ill be looking at getting a set of cams made up from WADE cams (most likely 264 deg), and getting the ARP head bolts etc, as well as have the head cleaned up whilst its off the engine. im still unsure about the cams, need to lookinto it more. as in understand it the st203 has underbucket shims or something which are a better design than the 1st and 2nd gen heads?

eventually i plan to have the turbo rebuilt to highflow T04 specs, and will run about 10-12psi, but wont be changeing the engine internals. will run more boost depending on if i go for FMIC setup or water injection.

im in the process of picking out my exhaust at the moment, id like to know if there is a huge difference between a 3" exhaust system and a 2.5". all the shops are telling me 3" DP will be a bitch for them to make up. does the 3" exhaust make a shitload of noise?? i want to keep my exhaust noise under 90db.

what alot of questions and statements in one post hey!!!
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 19:39

Are you going to upgrade the intercooling side of things or see how far the water to air can be pushed before it needs to go large frontmount ?

I'll worry about that more in the coming months, once I get used to the current power (it should keep me happy for a bit). I'm more worried about injectors at the moment, and keeping things safe.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 19:53]

1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome figures Joe Shocked Shocked

youv'e gotta be happy with that Smile

I guess its time to go cam shopping

cheers Very Happy
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 23:59

im in the process of picking out my exhaust at the moment, id like to know if there is a huge difference between a 3" exhaust system and a 2.5". all the shops are telling me 3" DP will be a bitch for them to make up. does the 3" exhaust make a shitload of noise?? i want to keep my exhaust noise under 90db.

what alot of questions and statements in one post hey!!!

Just get an Aussie Exhausts 3" dump - don't bother getting one custom made. Aussie is tried and tested!

Noise level of your exhaust will depend a lot on the type of muffler you have, but I wouldn't waste my time with less than 3" if you're going to the trouble of having it made. Aussie also have custom made pipes for GT4's. Might be worth a look!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 12 September 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie dump pipes - still the best alternative when running stock turbo or exhaust hands down ..

Dont waste your time pinching pennies getting one made , when this is already been proven to be awesome by many .. It will save a tonne of trouble

Re ECU options ill subtly remind folks again there was a WOLF ECU group buy offered ..

Sorry ive been a little slack on replys - i have been a bit under the weather for the last few weeks and havent had a chance to goto melb to see em
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all Smile

So it turns out you can't use ST205 Calipers under the stock GT-Four 15'' wheels. Which rules them out for the Group-A.

Does anyone know if the RX-7 Calipers fit under the 15'' wheels?

Rob Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you chase up matty dyno on this one mate ?

and i coulda told you 15's and st205 calipers = the no go Smile

16's at the bare minimum - mine have bugger all space but fit Smile
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweeeeeet jesus!!!!!!!!!!!

That is some machine you have there Joe, And great build up by Justen too! Congrats guys!

An inspiration to up and coming Group A modders. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I wasnt expecting the water to air to pull out figures like that, i was going to get a front mount, but did not want to remove the water to air cause its special to the group A. But looks like i am keeping it now for sure!!

And that turbo justen, is that of a R33 GTR?

Cheers
Shane

Very Happy Very Happy
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Thats an awesome set of numbers Zasa!

How do u think it will last on standard internals?? i know tuning is everything but more power = more heat no matter what!

Is it a gen 2 motor? if so what sort of adaptations did u need to run the power FC??
Pages (23): [ «  <  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all
Next Topic:wolf 3d V4....how much are they?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:02:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011052131652832 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.