Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Old Skool Celica GT Grille Thu, 08 September 2005 10:42 Go to next message
Can anyone tell me what model celica this GT grille is from?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/pentamax/gtgrill1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/pentamax/gtgrill2.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Old Skool Celica GT Grille Thu, 08 September 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

You meant "school" and not "skool" didn't you? Smile

The grille looks like a 1974-1975 grille. These were on the TA22 Celicas. I think the block script "GT" wan't introduced until 1974 - but I could be wrong.

seeyuzz
river
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Old Skool Celica GT Grille Thu, 08 September 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a 71 mate. But you actually have the rear badge on the front,if you look at the back of the badge it should have a slight curve to it to compensate for the flat style tail lights it came from.If it doesnt have the curve its off the back of a liftback.

The grill will also take the italic style GT badge.I think there are only 2 different style TA22 GT grills,the one like yours that will take the current badge/italic badge and the one that takes the block style GT/GTV badges that are in the centre.

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Old Skool Celica GT Grille Thu, 08 September 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah first dibbs if you want to sell it Wink
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Old Skool Celica GT Grille Thu, 08 September 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 22:07

Its a 71 mate. But you actually have the rear badge on the front,if you look at the back of the badge it should have a slight curve to it to compensate for the flat style tail lights it came from.If it doesnt have the curve its off the back of a liftback.

The grill will also take the italic style GT badge.I think there are only 2 different style TA22 GT grills,the one like yours that will take the current badge/italic badge and the one that takes the block style GT/GTV badges that are in the centre.

Are you sure its the wrong badge? Looks like it fits perfectly IMO.

Anyway there are 3 types of GT/GTV TA22 grills (I have a feeling there is a fourth though)

Early GT one like in the photo (has 4 badge mounting holes)
Late GT one (has 2 badge mounting holes...I think)
GTV one

- Wheres Toyoke when you need him???

[Updated on: Thu, 08 September 2005 13:13]

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Old Skool Celica GT Grille Thu, 08 September 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could be right essay Very Happy

I only know from what i have come across,in my members rides post I have the pick of the exact same grill with the badges upside down remember?anyways my front badge was alot different.And my rear one was identical to the one pictured.

I was just looking at my GTV front badge and my other GT grill with the center badge mount holes and the holes dont line up with the badge bolts so you could be on to somthing regarding a special GTV grill.

74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Old Skool Celica GT Grille Fri, 09 September 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You just reminded me...the US TA22 GT grill is the fourth type with the centre mounting holes.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Old Skool Celica GT Grille Sat, 10 September 2005 02:18 Go to previous message
thanks guys

Shane: im too kool for skool bruddah! Rolling Eyes

riceburna73: its actually a mates from perth, just wanted to verify what it was off before selling it. Have you got a price in mind? pm it to me and i'll see what i can do.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze maddness
Next Topic:On Ebay - 1980 model VD (yes VD) Commodore
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:44:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041592121124268 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.