Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  I love my shitbox Sat, 10 September 2005 08:38 Go to next message
I just purchased another AE86, it was too good to pass up at the princely sum of $200. It is mechanically A1, the fearsome 4A-C Rolling Eyes no oil leaks etc, even the aircon works. The suspension has been modified with some harder springs of unknown origin and it has 13 inch mags with 205 tyres.
The body and paint really are a crap site to behold, but I fucking love it. The joy of driving a sprinter again means I can't take the grin off my face.
This car will cost me many hours and lots of money I can tell, but I think people on this forum would understand the joy of owning this shitbox Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I love my shitbox Sat, 10 September 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good on ya mate
I too love being in that position, start with something crappy and slowly make it a thing of beauty or a balls to the wall v8 killer
goodluck with it
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: I love my shitbox Sat, 10 September 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyrota wrote on Sat, 10 September 2005 19:00

good on ya mate
I too love being in that position, start with something crappy and slowly make it a thing of beauty or a balls to the wall v8 killer
goodluck with it

C'mon man I swear that KE20 was in show condition when you bought it from me Very Happy
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: I love my shitbox Sat, 10 September 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha, good stuff Smile

Good to see an AE86 go with no Takumi tax for a shitbox. Good find Very Happy

Bring it down to the next Perth AE86 cruise when we have it.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: I love my shitbox Sat, 10 September 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86: super driving emotion car for enjoy time nostalgic ride

hows that for engrish? haha
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: I love my shitbox Sun, 11 September 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I've purchased my first mod... A can of black vinal spray for the interior Razz

Berseker99 : I think I'd give AE86s' a bad name cruising in this shitbox:P

AE86drift : Awesome!

Toyrota : I already have so many plans, almost all of em beyond my budget for the time being, but I understand what you're saying.
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I love my shitbox Tue, 13 September 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man I have sooo many more plans that I can't afford but it gives me something to look forward to Confused
right now it's a battle just to keep fuel up to it Crying or Very Sad
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: I love my shitbox Tue, 13 September 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everyone does the black vinyl spray on the interior! especially sucks when you buy a car that has had it done to it years ago and looks absolutely shithouse and all faded now. Personally i like the weird and whacky interior colours from the 80s! have a look at early commodores and those late 80s all red supra interiors! then you will cherish you wonderful 2tone cloth spec hachi roku inners
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I love my shitbox Wed, 14 September 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh i have decidied not to spray it black.
Mine is in too good of condition, plus i don't mind the blue at all
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: I love my shitbox Wed, 14 September 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The black vinyl interior decision is due to my hatred of the colour brown. My last hachi I did two tone grey.
I think unless it's done proffesionally mixing colours in the interior just looks way dodgier then plain black.
Sure it will age and look crap but by then I'll have the money to just re-trim in the colour scheme of my choice Very Happy
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: I love my shitbox Thu, 15 September 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics pics pics Very Happy
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: I love my shitbox Thu, 15 September 2005 03:46 Go to previous message
great work champ. I also love my shit box, I've lost count of how many head gaskets its blown and how much shiet it has given me. Out of the last 6months its has only been on the road at the most for 1month, but I still wont part with it. It is to hard to get rid of something you have worked so hard for and worked so much on. Best of luck with the future of your SHITO BOXSHU!!! (notice 100% JDM spelling)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Automotive Sports Engineering
Next Topic:Seca VS. Hatch
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 13:44:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048270225524902 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.