Toymods » General Car Talk » My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Sun, 11 September 2005 10:03 Go to next message
Hey all

well yesterday i bought a new car (pix below)...im so happy with it until....about an hour ago...i was turning off a street onto another...i didnt drop the clutch or thrash it...and i hear a CLUNK!! diff is gone...i think its the crown wheel but its outside my mechanics atm and ill see him in the morning before work...im so pissed off!!

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/3927/image7196cx.jpg

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/3712/image7170da.jpg

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/9594/image7186ul.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Sun, 11 September 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice ride, very clean & straight!

dont worry about the diff man, easy fix! probably only $75 to $150 from a wrecker (my T series diff centre was $100)and whack it in yourself! 45min work or 2hours for a first timer Smile

Enjoy!
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Sun, 11 September 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it really sucks how this has happened to you... it sucks the big one... Is my name dean?
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Sun, 11 September 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^
thanks keal i mean dean that made me laugh..

thanks for your comments kopdis...as i still have my cast on and am busy i dont think i could do it myself and i dont know wat diff it is atm anyway...i hope your prices are right....

[Updated on: Sun, 11 September 2005 10:14]

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Sun, 11 September 2005 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
diffs for these things, are a tad annoying to source, but they arent too dear, you shouldnt worry at all mate, his prices seem right on the money Smile

pity though, its a sexy car Wink

Eldar.O.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Sun, 11 September 2005 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't that just mean it's time to do the <insert appropriate diff/brake uprade>. Saves having to decide what to do with the old one since it's screwed anyway
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Sun, 11 September 2005 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats on the awesome buy mitch, hope everything goes well with fixing the issue. Smile
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Sun, 11 September 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice One, i saw it on ebay, you got it quick hehe.
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Mon, 12 September 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 20:07

Yeah it really sucks how this has happened to you... it sucks the big one... Is my name dean?

awww this sucks man.... i would be spewin...wats this joke bout me?? tell me now!!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Mon, 12 September 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$75 - $100 unobtanium?

look around u can find them for like $40 no biggy at all
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Mon, 12 September 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im liking this prices guys....

im gettin an automatic ra28 diff for it and pretty much just waiting for the part n ill be back on the road... Smile

i really wanted to go down to the ccc meet and show her off but i was hungover n needed to sort out somethings...
sagluren
Regular

May 2005

Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Mon, 12 September 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What a bummer, mate i have done some diffs and they arnt to hard at all all you need is some basic mechanical know how and a little help from friends.

Better luck with next diff and i also hate you, i saw that ra28 on ebay i think and i wanted it.

Good thing it has gone to a good home.

Defect.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Mon, 12 September 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate...
would the link still be up for the ebay ad? i had a look but it didnt seem as tho it was up...

i spend close to 9 months looking for the car i wanted and the time has paid off! Very Happy

Quote:

Defect.

wat u mean ^^
sagluren
Regular

May 2005

Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Mon, 12 September 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
defect is my nick name thanks to the haliruos way that i got defected in my ke55.

Sam is my realy name.

Defect.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Mon, 12 September 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh thought something like that...

but i saw ur username and got confused....

for those who saw it wat did the ebay link have saying about it? price etc just curious

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 10:29]

o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Mon, 12 September 2005 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The auto diff will give you a longer highway ratio. this will kill you if you decide a twincam is the go. A good brake upgrade is an RN85 hilux diff(i think its the RN85 anyway) as they are the right width, and look somewhat like a ford 9"... virtually indestructable. all you need to do is put your diff mounts on. The rear brake upgrade which seems to be the trick is the RT141 corona avante rear brakes. bolts in, all you gotta alter is your handbrake cables.

BTW, thats a sweet machine. I envy you... till i get my RA28 Very Happy

Cheers, Owen
Lachie
Regular

January 2004
Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Tue, 13 September 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice indeed, now you need a 1G to go in the bay!
I reckon my diff was only 20 bucks when I blew mine (wasn't from just going round a corner though Very Happy )
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Tue, 13 September 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the info guys...i just want it on the road asap..only got to drive it for about 2 hrs max...some of my mates r yet to see it...

its got disc brakes on it as it is does that make finding a replacement diff difficult..
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Thu, 15 September 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im after a RA28 diff centre (or one that would fit a ra28 rear end with no mods) asap if anyone knows of one could they plz let me know...must be in sydney area...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Fri, 16 September 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA22, RA23, TA23, RA28, RA40 all use the same diff centre.

T292 is the code on the ID plate. T series 4.11:1 ratio, open centre 2 pinion.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo Sat, 17 September 2005 01:06 Go to previous message
thanks witzl...

she is on the road now...went for a good drive down cronulla last night...shame it was raining but all is good Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 17 September 2005 01:06]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Celica ST162 SX or Corolla AE92 SX? Which one should I buy?
Next Topic:scissor doors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:37:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068919658660889 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.