Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Sugestions for my plained exhaust setup, and extra mods

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Sugestions for my plained exhaust setup, and extra mods Thu, 06 February 2003 13:12 Go to next message
I'm plaining to get 4 into 2 into 1 extractors (hurricane or custom cone over pipe ones, 2.5in high flow cat, and Lukey glass pack Muffler 2.5in entry and dual 2in exit with 2.5in or 2.75in tips. And 2.5in press or mandrel bent piping (mandrel is only 80 extra) but it they us the pre made mandrel bends and weld them on. Was wondering what i should do/get It is for my 4th gen celica with the 3S-GE engine, with 103kw stock (at new). My goal is minamal 100kw at the wheels (FWD) by early september this year, keeping it Natural Asperiated.

Any sugestiosn would be heaps good.

Nezza Cool
  Send a private message to this user    
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: Sugestions for my plained exhaust setup, and extra mods Fri, 07 February 2003 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For starters, i wouldnt go above 2.25". Your car wont be able to breath and you'll have trouble starting it. You dont want ti to be like one of those EXSHHHELs do you? Wink
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Sugestions for my plained exhaust setup, and extra mods Fri, 07 February 2003 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go for dual 5 inch tips man.

Jokin !
Laughing
Cheers
T.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Sugestions for my plained exhaust setup, and extra mods Fri, 07 February 2003 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the most important thing is to get the primaries and secondaries the right length for a tuned set of extractors, and that they be of equal length... tune the extractors for where you want the peak torque to be.
for about 5000rpm, the pri and sec should be around 1.25 feet long and the collector 2.5 feet long before any resonators etc.
if you must have a cat, it could get in the way of the collector, but at least get the primaries and secondaries the right length.
check on Billzilas site for the graphs to work it out.

after that, it is just a matter of picking the right diameter to not decrease velocity too much, and making it quiet enough.

on my 1.3L, i have a 2" collector, but have 2 2" resonators and a 2" reverse flow muffler. this is pretty quiet, but still flows well.

for a 2L, 2.25", or maybe 2.5" if you plan to live around 6-8000rpm. get a resonator as they are straight thru so no loss, but decrease sound. get the quietest, LARGEST, least restrictive muffler you can,...
basically, the larger it is and more baffled the quieter it'll be. a 2.5" reverse flow will probably flow as well as 2.25" 'less restrictive' muffler.

munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Sugestions for my plained exhaust setup, and extra mods Fri, 07 February 2003 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had genie extractors on my st162 and they were excelent there factory is in brisbane i believe.

from what i have seen of hurricane extractors they are pieces of shit. (cheap and nasty)

oh and 2 would be enough or 2 1/4 if you really wanted your motor has no internal work so 2.5 would be a waste of time
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Sugestions for my plained exhaust setup, and extra mods Fri, 07 February 2003 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so not even 2.5in press bent, and i was told huricane as particly the same as genie ones, but ok i'll go the custom exractors.

And they said they are at 1.75in primaries. tri-y extrators (4-2-1) are for torque with and 4 into 1 are for out right top end power.

And where is Billzilas site of its URL

Nezza Cool
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Sugestions for my plained exhaust setup, and extra mods Fri, 07 February 2003 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i heard the hurricane use the same template or so im told (yeah right) the one ive seen were all poorly put togher our neighbour bought some for his corolla coupe and it took 3 sets to find a decent set, and i was astonished to see that they were small diameter crush bend pipes. i have seen other sets of hurricanes and they just dont compare to genie and pacemaker, you get what you pay for.

I am getting custom tuned lengh racing extractors mates rates for arround 500 as soon as i find a decent engine to put them on lol.

Daniel
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Sugestions for my plained exhaust setup, and extra mods Fri, 07 February 2003 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the cost of the custom extrators they said is 450, i don't know if it could be tuned length, i hope.

Nezza Cool
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Sugestions for my plained exhaust setup, and extra mods Fri, 07 February 2003 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

google for 'Billzila', can't be too many of him Wink

check out my extractors athttp://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/oldcorollas /lst?.dir=/Stewarts+extractor+%26+exhaust+photos&a mp;.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http% 3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/
(if it works)

i welded it all myself, and the whole system, front to back, cost about $240, mufflers resonators and all.

got the bends from Chris at "australias best exhaust" i think it's called. on Canterbury road. cheap and good advice too..

Cya, Stewart
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Sugestions for my plained exhaust setup, and extra mods Sat, 08 February 2003 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's a fkn bargain! nice work.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sugestions for my plained exhaust setup, and extra mods Sat, 08 February 2003 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.billzilla.org/

Cheers
Wilbo
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Sugestions for my plained exhaust setup, and extra mods Sun, 09 February 2003 11:48 Go to previous message
so i would go for extrators that are good for mid - high range power. the price of the system is $460 for customs (cone over pipe), $250 for the high flow cat 2.5in, the press bent pipe work 2.5in is $70, the muffler is $100, and $75 for flex joint. so $955 total. Is that pretty good.

Nezza Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Need New Alternator for 4A-GE
Next Topic:MA61 Oil pressure levels
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 07:20:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064418315887451 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.