Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4ag(z)e questions!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4agerolla
Regular

May 2005
4ag(z)e questions! Mon, 12 September 2005 09:49 Go to next message
another radical idea from me! well its probably not that radical and could well be pointless but here goes...

i currently have a red and black top 4age (large port) and am after some forced induction Very Happy ive always been thinking of doing a GZE conversion but after much reading and that ive seen that these motors dont come too cheap (correct me if im wrong).. i want supercharged rather than turbo because of the different factor so here is where my question lies..

i want to supercharge my current engine but need to know what modifications are required to make it suitable to run boost.. obviously i need some stronger pistons but what else internally (and externally?) do i need to modify to make it safe to run boost (relatively low)?

also i was thinking of running the SC14 (1GGZE) supercharger i believe its called just because i can, or correct me if i cant Razz because i havnt done research into this..

the engines in an ae82 so i need to know if there will be sufficient room to add these parts into the engine bay..

so yeah any and all help would be greatly appreciated!! cheers

chris.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 09:51]

Send a private message to this user    
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: 4ag(z)e questions! Mon, 12 September 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if youve got a bigport motor the gze stuff would bolt on without mods. youd need to move the alternator, just get a gze bracket. as for the motor holding out, just whack the stuff on and find out... i wouldnt go building yours to take boost when you could just go out and buy a gze motor complete..

for sc14 ideas, check my signature
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4ag(z)e questions! Mon, 12 September 2005 12:54 Go to previous message
can get a late model gze for au$1700 prob wouldnt spend all that much less shittin around tryin to buy parts and hope she holds together
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 Battery flashing light problem
Next Topic:Are 1jz and 2jz power steering pumps interchangeable??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:29:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037529468536377 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.