Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Windex
Regular

June 2005
3SGE Gen 2 Quad throttles Mon, 12 September 2005 11:32 Go to next message
Hi all,

I was dreaming/thinking at work today about the possibility of quadthrottles on my 3SGE. I see a few good reasons for this, one due to the current position of the air intake on my TA23 there would be a fair amount of hotair going into the intake. Another would be that quad throttles can increase power. Smile Anyway I was wondering if anyone had comments, or ideas about this? Another idea I had was fitting a supercharger to it, would the quads be a problem if the SC eventuated? Or would they still be a plus? Cheers dudes.

http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/windex/IMG_2127.JPG
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3SGE Gen 2 Quad throttles Mon, 12 September 2005 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do it, but your improvements will mostly be mid range response, which really is ideal.

It has been done before. You'll need to make up a manifold for the quads and run an aftermarket ECU (for the best gains).

You could massively improve the situation in your current bay significantly by sealing off your pod such that it drew in cold air. Move the battery to the boot and make a sealed CAI - this would be significantly cheaper than quads.
Windex
Regular

June 2005
Re: 3SGE Gen 2 Quad throttles Mon, 12 September 2005 21:49 Go to previous message
Cheers, dude, I am already running/going to be running a wolf3d so thats that part done. I do agree that the air intake needs to be moved and, just like you I think the battery needs to move. But it is a bit of work to get it to the boot, so I think I may just hold off on that for a little while, while I chase up a box to go around the filter.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:'E' Series diff???
Next Topic:Connections???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:11:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038549900054932 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.