Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » The world is changing...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
icon14.gif  The world is changing... Thu, 08 September 2005 10:53 Go to next message
http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/stuff/shell.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
Mx73_LuXoBarge
Regular

October 2002
Re: The world is changing... Thu, 08 September 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked
Eeek, that's why I've got a fuel card -- just close your eyes while filling up, swipe the thing and walk away...
The truth is just too horrible to face Confused Wink
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The world is changing... Thu, 08 September 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I drink pepsi.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The world is changing... Thu, 08 September 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats fuckin classic !

i will print a few of them out and put them up at my local shell Smile
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: The world is changing... Thu, 08 September 2005 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pffttt i pay $1.99 for 2L of coke Very Happy

last i paid for unleaded was $1.16 for 1L Sad
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: The world is changing... Sat, 10 September 2005 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey! Woolworth's got 1.25L Coke for 0.99c most of the time! Same thing doesn't happen with Shell though!
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: The world is changing... Sun, 11 September 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh, regardless of the cost... I NEED to drive... I can justify over $2 a litre for a life...
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: The world is changing... Sun, 11 September 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha.. that's why we're being tested by the government of where our limits are, to see how high they can raise the petrol price, and how high they can set the interest rate to, so everyone can work their butts off 5,6,7 days a week to pay their taxes, mortgages and petrol and give them all back to the government! Laughing hmm... reminds me of slavery, except that we're in a free democratic country... Laughing
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: The world is changing... Sun, 11 September 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86tt wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 00:12

haha.. that's why we're being tested by the government of where our limits are, to see how high they can raise the petrol price, and how high they can set the interest rate to, so everyone can work their butts off 5,6,7 days a week to pay their taxes, mortgages and petrol and give them all back to the government! Laughing hmm... reminds me of slavery, except that we're in a free democratic country... Laughing

No, dude, its called payed slavery. We pay the government so we get the privalage of being treated like slaves.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The world is changing... Sun, 11 September 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the government gets nothing out of high interest rates infact by setting a higher interest rate they are infact increasing the servicing cost of the loans (bills and bonds) which they issue to change the interest rates.

Second note the government does no control interest rates the RBA does, and there goal is to stop inflation.

Petrol prices is a different story though they could easily cut back some taxes, considering the economy is running continual surplus budgets it wouldn't be a bad idea either.

ROFL at the pic
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: The world is changing... Mon, 12 September 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 09:46

the government gets nothing out of high interest rates infact by setting a higher interest rate they are infact increasing the servicing cost of the loans (bills and bonds) which they issue to change the interest rates.

Second note the government does no control interest rates the RBA does, and there goal is to stop inflation.

Petrol prices is a different story though they could easily cut back some taxes, considering the economy is running continual surplus budgets it wouldn't be a bad idea either.

ROFL at the pic

really? so the reserve bank raises the interest rate, but who gets the money earned from the interest from credit cards and home loans? Where does these money end up?

and they're not going to cut back the tax on the petrol either, why would they want to do that? People are still paying and affording the petrol, there's so much money to be made when the oil price surges up and down, who really cares? the rich or the poor? Does the government care? "Oh sorry, it's not our fault, we're running out of oil, and we have this war against terror going on, and the war in Iraq is causing the oil price surge", but the real fact is, sorry we fked up the economy so we need as much tax as possible from everywhere, oh yeah, speed kills, make sure those infringements get processed as smooth as possible... Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The world is changing... Mon, 12 September 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86tt wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 17:49

really? so the reserve bank raises the interest rate, but who gets the money earned from the interest from credit cards and home loans? Where does these money end up?

geez the banks how do you think they make their money sure they charge lots of fees but sheesh some ppl.
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: The world is changing... Mon, 12 September 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 19:55

86tt wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 17:49

geez the banks how do you think they make their money sure they charge lots of fees but sheesh some ppl.

of coz I know, but someone was suggesting the government doesn't gain anything from an interest rate raise when the national debt is at its highest, that the government doesn't gain anything by squeezing every little drop out of every citizen... Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The world is changing... Mon, 12 September 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The government does not gain anything by interest rates being higher in fact it'll cost them money as they use the money that they raise from bills and bonds to fund projects etc. IE government bonds can be issued to finance a budget deficit (very rare these days but 20 years ago it was common practice) the higher the interest rates the more the government has to pay back to the banks/ppl who purchased the bonds/government securities.

Another fact the federal government debt is actually very small and once the sale of telstra goes thru they will have fuck all debt which poses another problem. The foreign debt you talk about is actually caused by the private sector ie business/us importing far more than we export overseas the government once again tries to reduce this with tariffs etc but as the world moves closer and closer to globalisation of markets they are reduced meaning we need to compete with world's best practice or get the fuck out of the industry.

See once the federal government debt is paid off they're will be no more need to issue government bonds to cover it which poses a problem for the RBA. How can they curb inflation by issuing bonds when they can't issue bonds for government borrowing. They still issue bonds but then invest in something that creates a greater return than the interest on the loan.

This would be blue chip stocks (Telstra, Qantas, CBA etc) government buys back the businesses it just privatised bwahhahahahaha classic.

I may have totally lost most ppl here but anyone with an understanding of economics may get this theory many still don't, i am yet to find a high school teacher that believes it but it has been raised by economists on talk back and i had a good debate with a n eco's teacher at uni who was impressed. My brother raised it too me last year when i was at school as his teacher could never answer it at school either.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The world is changing... Mon, 12 September 2005 12:09 Go to previous message
haha, that pic made the rounds of the coke internal mail today.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Classy weddings
Next Topic:Position Vacant- Eng Sales
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:02:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040750503540039 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.