Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
4AGE Idle Issues Tue, 13 September 2005 08:08 Go to next message
I've recenly finished a 4AGE conversion into a Sprinter and I've got some issues with it. When the car has warmed up and you're driving around then you put the clutch in when slowing for a set of lights, the revs drop and it stalls. When it is just sitting there, it idles at around 2000RPM when cold and at around 1500RPM when warm. Also, when the vacuum line running from the intake manifold to the regulator on the return side of the fuel rail nothing happens and i've been told that the idle should rise.
The air-con idle up fittings on the throttle body have been blocked as I don't have air-con. The timing has been set as well.
For now, to get around the problem i've bumped up the idle using the idle screw but it's not the ideal way to solve the problem.

I've checked the forums and found a tonne of problems with a 4AGE and it's idle but nothing the same as this, so any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
TopSecret72
  Send a private message to this user    
bantech
Regular

September 2004
Re: 4AGE Idle Issues Tue, 13 September 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine does exactly the same thing.

I've got a pod filter on mine and I think its taking in hot air

or

My ecu reports a faulty O2 sensor.

Anyway I haven't been arsed to find an airbox and get rid of the damn pod filter so I don't know if that fixes it.
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4AGE Idle Issues Tue, 13 September 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mates 100kw rolla does this sometimes.... although only when the aircon is on I think...

my 86 has a jap spec 96kw.. it idles higher than normal... but that is due (apparently - previous owners words) to the valve springs been fucked........ the idle screw has been wound right down and has helped somewhat, but it still could be lower..........
no problems with stalling or anything though....
jciracing
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: 4AGE Idle Issues Tue, 13 September 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have had the problem a few times i have found that my problem was my TPS was out i re adjusted it and it solved all my problems hope it helps Smile

james
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: 4AGE Idle Issues Wed, 14 September 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure about the cutting out problems, but with the high idle, even tho the idle up fittings have been blocked it will still affect idle. When I did my conversion I couldn't get the idle to come down past 2k.
I took the idle up valve off, and had a mate make up a plate from some aluminium and then cut out a gasket to suit and with some blue sealer goo stuff fit the plate where the idle up valve was, and it bought the idle right down to where it should be!
Try adjusting your TPS as the others suggested, and then remove the idle up valve and all should be well!
Goodluck!
-Whitchy-
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: 4AGE Idle Issues Wed, 14 September 2005 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome, I'll give it a go ASAP and hopefully it'll solve my problems too.

Thanks alot
jciracing
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: 4AGE Idle Issues Thu, 15 September 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your tps will only affect idle fluxuations no high idle would adjust the idle controll right down to 850rpm because even with the vac hoses missing the idle controll should still be able to compensate
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 4AGE Idle Issues Thu, 15 September 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
made sure you don't have any air in the cooling system?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 4AGE Idle Issues Fri, 16 September 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
<begin most repeated post by The Witzl>
<counter = 981274987>

check your Auxiliary Air Valve.

please READ the following....

http://www.toymods.org.au -> tech docs -> 4age book -> EFI -> pages 84 onwards.

<end most repeated post ever>

... i have seriously posted this 8000 times!
DanielGVisser
Regular

August 2004
Re: 4AGE Idle Issues Fri, 16 September 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we know WITZL ! You're a legend for helping people out ! You have helped me out heaps in the past!!

Thats what my problem was on my mates GE. Followed those steps and bobs your uncle, fixed it straight up. That and i had to adjust his Microtech a little bit. Very Happy
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: 4AGE Idle Issues Fri, 16 September 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi peoples my brothers TOYOTA corolla seca sx was doing the something we done heapes of things to it but still did the samething.. well the point im getting at is pull the computer (ECU) out and wipe the dust off it put it back in....... it worked for us so give it ago... well i hope it works for yous ok

[Updated on: Fri, 16 September 2005 03:19]

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 4AGE Idle Issues Fri, 16 September 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you actually need an auxiliary air valve?

[Updated on: Fri, 16 September 2005 04:40]

TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: 4AGE Idle Issues Fri, 16 September 2005 14:03 Go to previous message
Thanks for all of the suggestions, I'll give them a go when I have the chance and say what's happened.

Thanks alot
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Good thermo fans
Next Topic:need clutch for my gz20 soarer very badlly
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:20:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057711601257324 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.