Toymods » Tech & Conversions » differences between 4age and 4agze

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lowAE92
Regular

June 2005
differences between 4age and 4agze Thu, 08 September 2005 04:29 Go to next message
whats the diff between the supercharged motor and the na motor? i heard its only the wiring ecu and like 2 extra teeth on the crank but seriously can i get away with putting a supercharger on an na motor and just change the harness and ecu? would it got relitively the same or would it just detonate to bits?
  Send a private message to this user    
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Thu, 08 September 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not an expert, but from reading other threads gze pistons are forged i think
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Thu, 08 September 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
detonation central.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Thu, 08 September 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you run an aftermaket ecu then it would be fine with gze injectors and the like but why not go turbo its much easier and a better option really
lowAE92
Regular

June 2005
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Thu, 08 September 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was kinda trying out the go cheap option turbo would be sweet but big money for the manifold
think the best option would be to just get an actual gze with maybe a larger charger for now
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Thu, 08 September 2005 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gze specs:
http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/4A-G ZE_specs.htm

ge specs:
http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/4A-G E_technical_specifications.htm

There's quite a bit of difference
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Fri, 09 September 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lowAE92 wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 14:29

i heard its only the wiring ecu and like 2 extra teeth on the crank

2 extra what?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Fri, 09 September 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lowAE92 wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 23:19

i was kinda trying out the go cheap option turbo would be sweet but big money for the manifold
think the best option would be to just get an actual gze with maybe a larger charger for now
there are pleanty of 2nd hand fwd 4age turbo manifolds floating arround it wouldnt take long to find one with a turbo quite cheap
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Fri, 09 September 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm ok heres a thought.. buy a 4a-gze with loom and all, pull out the ge shove the gze in get here goin and sell the ge with loom, u wouldnt spend much then, plus u know its gonna work Very Happy
lowAE92
Regular

June 2005
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Mon, 12 September 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought about that but im a bit dissapointed i drove my mates gze powered rolla and really it wasnt that much better i was stunned
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Mon, 12 September 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeeze u serious?? what ge u have and wat gze he have?? what cars are they in?? surely the z has a lot better torque? be a lazier drive i woulda thought?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Mon, 12 September 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a huge difference between the gze and the gz even in 20v form
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Mon, 12 September 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 09 September 2005 12:54

lowAE92 wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 14:29

i heard its only the wiring ecu and like 2 extra teeth on the crank

2 extra what?

jciracing
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Tue, 13 September 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the gze motor is that same as a red top 4A or the 7 rib block but the GZE has low compression forged pistons were the NA has a higher 9.1 comp
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Tue, 13 September 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are a number of external and easy to recognise differences between GE and GZE (like twin coils, injectors and believe it or not a supercharger), but from my snooping it seems that for a given year of build, the ONLY internal differences are the piston and rings. Everything else is identical GE to GZE.

Hen
lowAE92
Regular

June 2005
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Tue, 13 September 2005 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the gze i drove was in a csi same shape as mine
it did have a whole lotta torque which was good everyone keeps sayin stuff the gze get a black top sounds like a good option
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Tue, 13 September 2005 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lowAE92,

was it a MAP sensed GZE or AFM one?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Tue, 13 September 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inertia wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 01:52

lowAE92,

was it a MAP sensed GZE or AFM one?

this dosent make a whole lot of difference they would both be quick
ke20_in_the_ACT
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Wed, 14 September 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Wed, 14 September 2005 00:54

the gze i drove was in a csi same shape as mine
it did have a whole lotta torque which was good everyone keeps sayin stuff the gze get a black top sounds like a good option

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a black top...

Also what is the difference between a 20v and standard 4agze..
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Wed, 14 September 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are 2 versions of the 20v 4age a blacktop version and a silvertop version

The 20v motors main difference from the 4agze is higher compression 20 valves instead of 16 and its n/a instead of supercharged
lowAE92
Regular

June 2005
Re: differences between 4age and 4agze Thu, 15 September 2005 11:48 Go to previous message
blacktops also have vvt dont they? in all my years at toyota ive never seen a blacktop in the flesh
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2JZ Fuel rail - injectors loose?
Next Topic:4AGZE/4AGE 20v into a Corolla EE80
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:30:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048701763153076 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.