Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ke20_in_the_ACT
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Poss 1jgzte?? into ke20 Tue, 13 September 2005 09:44 Go to next message
Hi there all,

was talking with a mate who said he would sell me a 1jzgte?? to put into my ke20. He thinks it should bolt straight in. Im not sude 2.4litre 6 cyc engine i thought it would be to big. Apart from measuring has anyone out there done this B4 and what was required.

I was going to put a 4agze into this with a t50 gearbox. ANy thoughts on which would be better\easier?? Aldo with the 1j what sort of gearbox would handle it and diff as well. I will do some looking on the web in the meantime but hope someone can help.
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Poss 1jgzte?? into ke20 Tue, 13 September 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke20_in_the_ACT wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 19:44

Hi there all,

was talking with a mate who said he would sell me a 1jzgte?? to put into my ke20. He thinks it should bolt straight in. Im not sude 2.4litre 6 cyc engine i thought it would be to big. Apart from measuring has anyone out there done this B4 and what was required.

I was going to put a 4agze into this with a t50 gearbox. ANy thoughts on which would be better\easier?? Aldo with the 1j what sort of gearbox would handle it and diff as well. I will do some looking on the web in the meantime but hope someone can help.

geez, your mate doesn't like you much eh?

i have large doubts it would even fit inside the engine bay lengthways, let alone "bolt in".
1J is 2.5L.
it will not be legal and should not be legal (but please check with an engineer first Wink..be prepared to be laughed at tho Razz )

hmm, 4AGZE vs 1JZGTE... slight difference.
GZe has been done quite a few times. your search will reveal all.

are you sure your mate wasn't taking the piss?

Cya, Stewart
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Poss 1jgzte?? into ke20 Tue, 13 September 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There isn't a great deal that "bolts straight in" to a ke20.. lol

In NSW not even an sr20det is legal in a ke20, so i think its safe to say that a 1jzgte has no chance, even if it did fit
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Poss 1jgzte?? into ke20 Tue, 13 September 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

He thinks it should bolt straight in.

The first thing you should do is make a note for yourself NOT to listen to any more advice from that mate Wink

The 1J is too long for the KE20 bay, you would need some serious firewall mods and the radiator moved way forward. All in all it would not be easy, would be shit to drive in anything but a straight line and have fun getting the power to the ground unless you tub the rear end and fit some really nice grippy and wide rubber.

The 4AGZE has been done numerous times into the KE20 and it will give you enough work fitting it to keep you busy Smile Fitting the 4A will at least still give you a chance at retaining some front/rear balance in the car.

There is quite a bit of info on this site about 4Axx into KE20/25 corollas.
ke20_in_the_ACT
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Poss 1jgzte?? into ke20 Tue, 13 September 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks alot guys, it appears that the 4ag is the way to go, and yes tis is why i thought i would come here to put the suggestion up....talk to the people who would know...thanks for your input..
XmaGe
Regular

November 2004
Re: Poss 1jgzte?? into ke20 Wed, 14 September 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been quoted by a workshop $22k for a 2jz-gte into a ke20 fully engineered. you would have to register it like a kit car or something.

Anyway I have stopped dreaming about it.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Poss 1jgzte?? into ke20 Wed, 14 September 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
XmaGe wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 10:19

I have been quoted by a workshop $22k for a 2jz-gte into a ke20 fully engineered. you would have to register it like a kit car or something.

individually constructed vehicle.
they quoted cheaply...
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Poss 1jgzte?? into ke20 Wed, 14 September 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke20_in_the_ACT wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 19:44

He thinks it should bolt straight in.

Laughing

It is a good thing you checked here first! I don't know ke20's but I have a ke70 which I think has a larger engine bay and I doubt that the 1j would fit into there easily either. It JUST fits into my xt130 Corona. That did have a 4 cylinder but it is a bigger bay than the ke70.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Poss 1jgzte?? into ke20 Wed, 14 September 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont listen to these chumps what would they know?

1JZGTE will bolt right in and right up to a T50 gearbox, and your U series rear end will handle the power fine...

will be an excellent, legal and reliable car!

I say go for it!!!

EDIT: Clearly I am joking here...

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 04:50]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Poss 1jgzte?? into ke20 Wed, 14 September 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's really not a good idea Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 05:05]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Poss 1jgzte?? into ke20 Wed, 14 September 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr 1JZ - deception and mis-information is not very nice and is something that wont be allowed in the future.

This is a technical forum, please bear in mind the inherrent nature of that title.

As stated above, the 4agze is a much better choice of engine. Likewise a naturally aspirated 4age, or better yet build a 4agte (turbo). read the "how to search" sticky thread up the top of the tech section for some tips on how to search the wealth of information contained within these pages.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Poss 1jgzte?? into ke20 Wed, 14 September 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
many apologies...

couldnt resist
XmaGe
Regular

November 2004
Re: Poss 1jgzte?? into ke20 Wed, 14 September 2005 05:33 Go to previous message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 08:41

XmaGe wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 10:19

individually constructed vehicle.
they quoted cheaply...

that price did not include the 2jz-gte and sixspeed or the A, B or G series diff.

Perhaps a 3sgte would be another consideration?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Some quick advice please
Next Topic:4agze piston rings
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:15:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091469287872314 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.