Toymods » General Car Talk » gear knob -- where to get this one

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
gear knob -- where to get this one Tue, 13 September 2005 23:51 Go to next message
can someone tell me where i can find this kind of gear knob
doesnt have to be razo itself Can be any brand just want it too look like the same shape and be in aluminium finish
Ive tried autobarn, repco, burson etc and no go none of them have it I seen amomo one but its was too expensive for me looking for below $50 types

only found this one on ebay but lookign to buy from somewher i can see the item first before i buy so i can have a feel of it and see if the colour is what im after

Thanks guys

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RAZO-RAZO-JAPAN-RAC...1QQcm dZViewItem
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
link doesn'r work, just says page isn;t responding.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RAZO-RAZO-JAPAN-RACE-POLISH ED-ALUMINIUM-SHIFT-KNOB-RA42_W0QQitemZ4573729134QQ categoryZ30861QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIte m
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
super cheap have one similar to this just its 10x gayer, cause its got hot pink mesh around it, unless you like that sort thing
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not just spend the 9 dollars and get it off ebay. if its not what you want just sell it on ebay again??
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about the fact it's $51 postage.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 12:36

How about the fact it's $51 postage.

spot on

READ THE FINE PRINT BUOY

plus i want to have a feel of the shifter so i can see if it going to be good in my palm, comfy etc etc plus im after a different colour

Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you don't want a metal gear knob dude trust me. In my wisdom i had one in the rona for about 6-12 months, well for starters it actually made the gearstick taller, second in summer the thing reached temps that made gear changes very fast indeed and in winter the thing was fucking freezing, so i tool it off put the stock one back on and haven't looked back. Very Happy
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah was worried about that too damn man so its a no go area u reckon bugger

was trying to match the steerign wheel with matching gearknob, handbrake lever and pedals looks like i have to change now
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be in HK next month, ask him if you can have it picked up. Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
been there done that would never do it again, just get a nice leather one
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahahahahahahaha
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You might find one like that at "the Toolshed" in town.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want a custom knob that fits that palm of your hand and you know it'll be cumfy. Try this

http://www.peachesandcream.biz/images/mould%20your%20man%20kit.JPG
http://www.peachesandcream.biz/product_info.php/pr oducts_id/609/adult.html

Mould your own knob
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not suprised i was waiting for the smart arse comment
it was onlty a matter of time lollllll
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 15:33

If you want a custom knob that fits that palm of your hand and you know it'll be cumfy. Try this

http://www.peachesandcream.biz/images/mould%20your%20man%20kit.JPG
http://www.peachesandcream.biz/product_info.php/pr oducts_id/609/adult.html

Mould your own knob

Baahhahahahaha!
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually have an Impul (i think) knob in the same shape I don't need anymore, polished alum in vgc. I'll try to get some pics up.
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you have access to a lathe you could just make your own.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was a group buy for them on nissansilvia.com forums not too long ago, dont know if its still going. best have a poke around there, you could probably find the supplier.
Paranoid Android
Regular

August 2005
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Wed, 14 September 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it does say $51 dollars shipping!?! thats insane as it is located within australia, and only ships to australia

Quote:

You might find one like that at "the Toolshed" in town.
- great place for knobs and um.... things
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Thu, 15 September 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got one very similar that I took out of the $50 ute I had...its fantastic and complements the high centre console of the soarer perfectly Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Thu, 15 September 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why dont you buy the leather nardi one that is for sale indian

someone on the toymods forum is selling it, a leather nardi brand knob, genuine, has reciept for it from the official australian nardi distributor and everything
supré-mkii
Regular

June 2005
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Thu, 15 September 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got one of those off ebay a little while back, except mine isn't polished. i love it. it comes with three different size spacers to suit whatever height you'd like it at, one height even allowing it to be lower than my stock shift knob.

can't remember off hand what the name of the guy who was selling it, he had about 5 of them listed, they pop up about every few weeks on the .au ebay. came from hong kong too, iirc about $6 postage, arrived in about a week. i haven't had any complaints regarding it being too cold (i actually like the cool feel to it), and haven't noticed it get hot either, but maybe that's just because i live in tasmania Razz

the machining on it is perfect too, i'd have no chance of making something as accurate on a lathe.
Nav2k
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Thu, 15 September 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didnt read all the replys but after seeing no one actually suggested a store...

ur in melb rite?
theres a lot of sponsors on nissansilvia.com that sell razo gear knobs.
BT revolution was doing a group buy yeh,
he's in melb i think.
not too sure on the price though sorry.
genuine razo gear knobs r nice..i want one Sad
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Fri, 16 September 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$51 postage on a $9 item Laughing Laughing Laughing

Why doesn't the b@stard be honest and say it is a $55 shifter with $5 postage Rolling Eyes

I just love ebay!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: gear knob -- where to get this one Fri, 16 September 2005 05:02 Go to previous message
indian just get this it will be awesome

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=80678&rid=9304&S=2d1249bf4725febaf0bdc51 1076f5900&pl_view=&start=0#msg_760759

http://temp.australianinfront.com.au/temp/nardi.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I saw a stolen seca
Next Topic:can't believe it. w5* tranny < $50 in the US??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 06:31:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096671581268311 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.