Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
4agze S/C oil port Wed, 14 September 2005 07:56 Go to next message
yo guys i wanna fill up my supercharger with oil where is the inlet to fill up the s/c , like where abouts , its dark at side and cant really see so need a hand
thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 4agze S/C oil port Wed, 14 September 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there should be a wingnut on the top of the supercharger which is also the dipstick. You put the oil down there. Its not very easy, you need a special syringe to get it in there.
I used a coke bottle with a small hose coming out of the lid to fill it up. But that was a true pain in the ass. A syringe would have been much easier...

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 10:03]

inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agze S/C oil port Wed, 14 September 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I purchased the genuine oil, which come with a syringe and length of clear tubing, which simply shoves down the filler neck...

Due to purchasing 4 x 50ml cans of the stuff, I had spare syringes, which were used to suck the old gunky black crap out... Makes it easy to measure the 130ml's that it needs to be, good to have some on hand too.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 4agze S/C oil port Wed, 14 September 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inertia wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 20:09

I had spare syringes, which were used to suck the old gunky black crap out...

...but there's a drain hole on the bottom of the supercharger as well..
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4agze S/C oil port Wed, 14 September 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can buy syringes from any chemist and it shouldnt cost more than $2

there is a dipstick painted yellow located ontop of the supercharger on the opposite side to the engine it isnt the pull type you need to unscrew it.

You need to push slowly on the syringe otherwise it will just spurt out of the hole. My advice would be to buy some clear hose that will fit into the oil hole aswell as fitting onto the end of the syringe. That way you can stick the tube right into the hole and you wont get oil everywhere.

You dont need genuine toyota supercharger oil you can use mobil one holden supercharger oil or as i use fuchs fully synthetic 0w 20 oil.
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agze S/C oil port Wed, 14 September 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indeed there is a drain plug, but seeing as we were also doing this at night, we couldn't be bothered with it. The syringe sucked out 122ml's or so.

The genuine oil I purchased from a contact over at twincam.org, along with some other parts at better-than-aus prices. The oil was about $10 per 50ml kit.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: 4agze S/C oil port Fri, 16 September 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just goto the chemist as said above. $0.75 is what a suitable sryinge cost me. then just a spare length of vaccuum hose.. just drain it out by undoing the plug at the bottom.
im currently running mobil 1 5w30 in there and it works a treat on both gze's
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 4agze S/C oil port Fri, 16 September 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think only the newer superchargers with the smaller pulley have the yellow wingnut, as the one on my ae92 gze was certainly not yellow and a bastard to get to.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: 4agze S/C oil port Fri, 16 September 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my aw11 and my mates gze levin both have yellow dip sticks. rember paint can wear/chip off etc,
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4agze S/C oil port Fri, 16 September 2005 06:07 Go to previous message
monkeymajik wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 11:21

I think only the newer superchargers with the smaller pulley have the yellow wingnut, as the one on my ae92 gze was certainly not yellow and a bastard to get to.

as said above mine also is yellow and is an aw11 afm gze but your right its a prick to get to
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:JZX81 Chaser / Mark II / Cresta
Next Topic:I saw a stolen seca
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:50:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063791275024414 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.