Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Body and Interior » EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Mon, 12 September 2005 07:40 Go to next message
I know a fella in canada making new badges from a plastic similar to the original badging. Im trying to organise a bulk buy to save on postage. He mostly does celica badges, including GT badges, but is making moulds for Corolla, corona etc as well... and will basically make any badge he can get a good sample of. I will be getting a general pricing list from him soon. Also, i can have the badges chrome painted locally. ive been told about a hundred bux a tray, so if we get a full tray (probably 20-30, maybe more) then it wont cost much. basically the more that get done, the cheaper it is. the paint is better than the off the shelf chrome, but not as good as plated.

email O_man_ra23@yahoo.com.au with interest.

Cheers, Owen
  Send a private message to this user    
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Tue, 13 September 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interested pending quality and cost.

ill wait to see more.

Cheers

Nathan
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Tue, 13 September 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From the photos ive seen, quality seems to be quite good. Ive spoken to the bloke, and he reckons one of the badges he did have for sale has been taken off the list temporarily as he doesnt think they are good enuf. Cost seems to be around the $12 - $20 Canadian, about $13.50 - $22 aus, plus postage for most badges. some of the larger/rarer (euro GT) badges are a bit more, but i should be able to knock him down further for a group buy. The chrome painting will depend on how many badges we get... ill get onto a photo of the quality as soon as im shown a sample.

Dont hesitate to email or post with questions with regards to this.

Cheers, Owen
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Tue, 13 September 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interested pending pics and prices
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Tue, 13 September 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good Owen! Mark me down. Wink
[-harto-]
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Wed, 14 September 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep - same here - keep us updated Wink
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Wed, 14 September 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=14924
Front euro GT badge

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=14925
Rear GT badge

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=14926
Cursive badge

I need numbers to get good prices. Any badge you dont know if i can get, ask me and ill put a query to the supplier.

Cheers, Owen

Attachment: GT front.jpg
(Size: 74.08KB, Downloaded 534 time(s))
Attachment: GT rear.jpg
(Size: 14.59KB, Downloaded 525 time(s))
Attachment: script1.jpg
(Size: 18.80KB, Downloaded 525 time(s))

o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT *PICS* Wed, 14 September 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=14927
Block lettered side badge

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=14928
Boot lid badge for coupe

Attachment: celica1.jpg
(Size: 62.97KB, Downloaded 513 time(s))
Attachment: toyota76rear.jpg
(Size: 49.31KB, Downloaded 506 time(s))

[-harto-]
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Wed, 14 September 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks good - I'm also after the cursive ST front and rear badges (and even an LT cursive front and rear)

How many of each mold does he need - or is it just a total number all up?
kristianvanek
Regular

October 2004
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Wed, 14 September 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am interested in the cursive LT badges. pending pics
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Wed, 14 September 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
harto.. goes on total buy

Any badges that he doesnt have, he needs a sample to copy from. sample must be in good condition, and will be returned in same condition it was recieved. email me a pic of the badges you want and ill find out if hes making them yet or needs a sample.

Cheers, Owen
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Wed, 14 September 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what are his prices std for each you've shown....before group buy.

just trying to work out worst case price to see if it's within my budget.

looking to get 2 of all shown so far dependant on price and availability.

Cheers

Nathan
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Thu, 15 September 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theses are quite good guys,I have a couple of them at home that are in various stages of restoration.The biggest problem I have faced is they do need to be chromed to look the goods and so far I have been quoted 60 bucks a badge Shocked After this you need glass stain resin to get the see through look of the original which to apply is quite finicky...The price is right guys but I would seriously suggest grabing an extra one to have a practice on..

cheers
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Thu, 15 September 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in for a front euro GT badge.

chris
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Sun, 18 September 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep the EOI's coming, especially if you want badges that arent shown, let me know and ill try and get them for you.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=15025
Is this the LT rear badge your after harto and kristian??

Cheers, Owen

and riceburna, thanx for lettin us kno the quality first hand

Attachment: LTrear.jpg
(Size: 69.73KB, Downloaded 426 time(s))

[Updated on: Sun, 18 September 2005 05:27]

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Mon, 19 September 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
teh PM Sent1!!!1one

Eldar.O.
[-harto-]
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Tue, 20 September 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup - that's the LT I'm looking for..
so would be interedted in prol 4 ST and 4 LT pending prices
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Tue, 20 September 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im keen on the gt badges

please pm me if this is going through
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Wed, 21 September 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd love a '2500 Twin Turbo' badge, like what come with the JZA70 supras on the grille. They are proving to be impossible to find.
silllycar
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Thu, 22 September 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put me down for 2 of each GT badges.

do they come chromed....
kristianvanek
Regular

October 2004
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Mon, 26 September 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pending prices i am down for the lt script badges
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Wed, 28 September 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey quallos,just a reminder to keep an ear to the ground of a group deal on getting the lot plastic chromed aswell,looks like there will be some good numbers...Ohh and can someone please get hold of a rear GTV for him to copy like this,but only im aloud to have it Very Happy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73/gtv2.jpg
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Wed, 28 September 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribfeast wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 22:19

I'd love a '2500 Twin Turbo' badge, like what come with the JZA70 supras on the grille. They are proving to be impossible to find.

I'd be down for something similar, but would really prefer some Lexus badges and '2.5 GT-T' from an R34 Skyline. Probably not available, but can you find out about the Lexus ones o_man?

Cheers,

Jeremy.
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Tue, 04 October 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill put a query out on the 2500 twin turbo badge, the Lexus badges and 2.5 GT-T badges... which particular Lexus badges were you after??

Cheers, Owen
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Tue, 04 October 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
o_man_ra23 wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 08:35

Ill put a query out on the 2500 twin turbo badge, the Lexus badges and 2.5 GT-T badges... which particular Lexus badges were you after??

Cheers, Owen

Thanks Owen.

I'm basically after the Lexus script badge that would be found on the back of an SC400, plus the L inside circle badge that goes on the front of the car.

This is what I mean - minus the SC400/SC300 ones.

http://shop.importdriver.com.au/store/products/ite m209.inetstore

Cheers,

Jeremy.
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Fri, 07 October 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see the interest is still coming ppl.
Ive spoken to the bloke who makes em, and he is currently moving shop... so it may be a few weeks before he starts. Other than that, he has a box full of badges he hasnt started copying yet, and when he goes thru them, he will pass onto me what he has.

Cheers, Owen
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Fri, 07 October 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd be after GT or GTV badges front and rear, and the cursive celica badges(depending on price).
also what do you guys think of replacing the block celica writing on newer celicas with the cursive writing? Sacrilegious?
PM me i dont wanna hijack the thread.
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Thu, 13 October 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
free bump
im curious about this and want it to be successful.
TurboRA40
Regular

March 2005
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Sun, 16 October 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still on the eternal search for the block letter rear GT badge for my RA28. Would even consider the block letter front GT badge as a temp replacment.

Cheers
Glen

ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Mon, 17 October 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They look like resin casts. Not to cut lunch but i can do these easy as piss. Need an origanal to go off and they'll have a flat back (like the ones in the photos above). but easy done.

Seeing that i have a jza with badge i could look at making up a mold if interested.
spectre
Regular

July 2004
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Tue, 18 October 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are these badges cut out properly? or do we get them as shown in that photo? Because the originals have the insdes of the letters cut out eg the cursive gt badge...
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Tue, 18 October 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ReQuieM- These are resin casts, yes. They come either flat back or with original mounting pins, your choice. If you want to start making them, let us know how much you want per badge, and if you can do them with the mounting pins. I know i dont want to be sticky taping badges on in North Qld, no offence to 3M or other quality adhesive makers, but the NQ sun will kill anything in its path. Also, make sure you have pics so we can see your quality.

Glen - do you have a pic of the gt badges you are after??

Spectre - the badges as far as i know are as seen in the photos. send a pic of how they should be cut, and i will find out if this will be done. The cursive celica badges appear to be cut properly.

Cheers, Owen
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Tue, 18 October 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Comes down to this the mold is the Xy bit, the more tricky the badge (IE rear monting points) the more Xy the mold is simply because additional mold pieces would need to be made. not really a problem but i thought i'd give you an idea. Also Molds have a limited life, a few hundred pulls, but still limited.

The resin is realitively cheap compared to the mold material. I'm happy to make a mold (or how every many) but i'd need to get a few people together for each mold to cover cost. Probably about 3-4 would be fine. depending on the mold (complex, size ect) cost would be about 5-15 bucks a pull. ($5 simple flat back, $15 complex rear attachment).

Again happy to do, even if theres a few guys interested in the jza70 badge i could make up that badge to show every one the quality ect. Or another badge i dont mind.

Let me know...
TurboRA40
Regular

March 2005
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Sat, 22 October 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the badge I'm after for the rear of my Ra28

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&a mp;id=15880[/img]

http://hometown.aol.com.au/Turbora40/RearGTbadge.j pg[img]

Attachment: RearGTbadge.jpg
(Size: 16.92KB, Downloaded 28 time(s))

Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Wed, 16 November 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
if this is still going I'm very interested in getting 2 sets of front and rear italic euro gt badges.

Cheers.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI group buy on badges and emblems including GT Thu, 17 November 2005 20:14 Go to previous message
i would love 1 rear and 1 front GT italic set... whats the chroming you get like? is it the mirror finish or just chrome paint?

if this hasnt happened yet put me down for 1 each definately
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 VTX BODYKIT $650
Next Topic:Veilside rear bar celica, brand new (pics)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:49:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086181163787842 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.