Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Thu, 02 January 2003 01:50 Go to next message
Jap style Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale in SA
pictures inclosed so you can be the judge!
I'm asking for best offers around $400 (delivery extra)
the bonnet is made up of a carbon fibre top skin & fibre glass frame-work including the factory bonnet lock/latch
This items weight is 8.5kgs compaired with the factory hood which weighs 15.4kgs
expressions of interest can email-ae86driftpuppy.com.au

Attachment: Mvc-003s.jpg
(Size: 28.49KB, Downloaded 550 time(s))
Attachment: Mvc-004s.jpg
(Size: 11.82KB, Downloaded 405 time(s))
Attachment: Mvc-006s.jpg
(Size: 14.70KB, Downloaded 388 time(s))

Send a private message to this user    
GSR18U
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Thu, 02 January 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gday mate
can u put up a pic with the top of the bonnet?
i.e the whole front end?
thanks mate
Levino
Regular

May 2002

Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Thu, 02 January 2003 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How's the cost of shipping to Melbourne?
thundertiger00
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Thu, 02 January 2003 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i emailed you last nite but it failed for some reason.
i'd like to see some pics of the top of it
i'm very interested.i'm in syd but don't mind payinf for freight.
my email is thundertiger00@hotmail.com
gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sat, 04 January 2003 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there again!
Just forgot to answer the question regarding freight.
It's possible to have this sent to any CBD in Australia, its just a question of how much$ With items of this size Australia Post do NOT handle them! So there for a courier would have to be used with COD terms (meaning the bonnet would remain at the Courier Depo on behalf of me until payment was made upon pick-up)

Attachment: Mvc-012s.jpg
(Size: 21.52KB, Downloaded 125 time(s))

[Updated on: Sat, 04 January 2003 12:47]

gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sat, 04 January 2003 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey everyone who has emailed!
attached is the only other picture I have at the moment, it shows the bonnet being modeled by my car the Grey gel-coat finish has been spray painted in etch primer (NO to all those people who asked, this is not one of those fancy exposed carbon looking numbers) the police may frown upon that!! for me thats unwanted attention!!!

Attachment: Mvc-012s.jpg
(Size: 21.52KB, Downloaded 345 time(s))

redgti2
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Mon, 06 January 2003 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you know if this would fit an AE92??
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Mon, 06 January 2003 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not to sure about the bonnet, but is there any chance your selling that front bar??

If not can you point me at the place where you got it?

Thanks!
thundertiger00
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Thu, 09 January 2003 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still very interested, what's the best price?
i'm in syd.
gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sun, 12 January 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thundertiger I will be looking into freight prices for this on monday, so if you could email me the location/area in sydney I could give you a much more exact price providing your still interested?!?
thundertiger00
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sun, 12 January 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you got pm
gzedemon
Newcomer

January 2003

Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Fri, 24 January 2003 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello ,

I spoke to you some time ago regarding the bonnets.
Im based in Sydney and am still keen to organise a bonnet.
My name is brad and i can be contacted on 0411 69 6175 at any time .
I actually misplaced your email address and mobile number so i havent been able to make contact with you
Looking forward to hearing from you

regards

Brad
gzedemon
Newcomer

January 2003

Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Fri, 24 January 2003 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh is it possible to get a bonnet finished in the carbon look with the gel coat
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Mon, 27 January 2003 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll buy the whole car... Very Happy
gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Tue, 28 January 2003 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry mx83,
That car in the photos has been sold!
However, I still have for sale the silver top 20v conversion & a second sprinter shell preped for the 20v, refer to other posts!
I'm located in South Australia, email:
ae86driftpuppy@yahoo.com.au
gzedemon
Newcomer

January 2003

Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sat, 08 February 2003 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gingernuts,

Can you possibly email me in regards to the bonnets im keen to get my hands on one

regards

Brad
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sat, 08 February 2003 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much for the 20v conversion?
gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sun, 09 February 2003 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey pepsicola, 20v Conversion has been SOLD!

As for interstate interest in the carbon fibre bonnets, I'm finding this a little challenging. It seems freight companies don't like to make shippment of such items easy as far as insurance is conserened, I'm not willing to send them uninsured on the off chance some twit in a forklift drops a pallet, kill my x-beloved bonnets.
For those people out there interested in these bonnets let me know of reputable freight companies within your state that deal within Adelaide too.
Maybe I'll have more luck that way! as for know thats the best I can offer?!?

rgds
Ric
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sun, 09 February 2003 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
er...
i just found out that ur conversion is actually SOLD TO ME!!
haha Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
i didn't realized that u were u.
but i think u didn't either.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sun, 09 February 2003 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey pepsicola, or should I say Jin?!?
You smart-ass! Razz I didn't even think if that was you! Embarassed
You've got mail.
gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sat, 08 March 2003 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
***BUMP***
Please no time wasters
Rotor Reaction
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sat, 08 March 2003 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no time waster?? dose that mean you still have the bonnet for sale??
gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sun, 09 March 2003 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, there is another carbon fibre bonnet for sale.
Please refer to pics at the begining of this thread.
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sun, 09 March 2003 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much to ship to melbourne
gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sun, 09 March 2003 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freight & bonnet to your nearest freight depo is $500.
It's up to you to tell me which freight carrier is closest to you, otherwise I will just use my normal freight company.
Rotor Reaction
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Mon, 10 March 2003 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only to nearest freight depo?! can't send to my door??
gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Wed, 19 March 2003 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freight update!
After some quotes I've found a freight company willing to send this carbon fibre bonnet Australia wide including insurance against damage.
Firm $500 you will receive a carbon fibre bonnet delivered to your door step!
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Wed, 19 March 2003 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked How is the front of the bonnet constructed ? Shocked
Will it take bonnet pins hole being driled ?
Will the freight company do COD ?

There are ok with Melbourne

Email me back , Thanks

gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Fri, 21 March 2003 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey improvedae86,
The carbon fibre Bonnets are made the same as the OEM bonnet, so yes they can take bonnet pins.
If you plan on using bonnet pins to secure a carbon fibre bonnet to your car I also have a bonnet with out the factory latch molded into it! (this makes the bonnet another 500g lighter)
Unfortunately the freight company is prepaid & don't deal with COD
so payment would have to be via direct deposit or bank cheque.

DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sun, 23 March 2003 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gingernuts, i got a couple of q's i hope u could help us with
did u get this bonnet made up ? or is there a place that sells them ?
and where u located again sorry ?
gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sun, 23 March 2003 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These bonnets are hand made & I'm located in Adelaide, SA.
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Mon, 24 March 2003 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hand made by u ?, or some1 u no ?, cause i am interested in 1, either a ae82 or 86
Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Mon, 24 March 2003 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've seen these. very good job.

for ae86
gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Tue, 25 March 2003 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These bonnets are only made for the AE86 by me. Surprised

[Updated on: Tue, 25 March 2003 00:23]

DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Tue, 25 March 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any chance of comissioning one of these for an ae82 ?, if not does any1 no where i can get one dun, or a rip-off lookalike 1, thats not what i want, but id settle for it i guess

[Updated on: Tue, 25 March 2003 12:00]

gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Tue, 25 March 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry mate! there is NO chance I'm ever going to make any other model bonnets> I guess you don't realize that it can take weeks to make the bonnet molds for the top & bottom.
The only reason I made one for the AE86 is because I own a sprinter & with my back ground & experience found it easier to product these myself rather than find someone else in Australia who has already done this! Razz
I would not be surprised if you don't get any quotes for less than $1,200 just to produce your molds & the first bonnet!
Even at that price the molds will not be yours to keep, & you will need to sacrifice a perfectly straight bonnet just to make them?!?!
In my opinion it is sooo not worth it just to have that rice boy image! Are you sure you don't drive a Honda?!?!? Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 25 March 2003 13:05]

DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Tue, 25 March 2003 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i wasnt an smart person id just tell u to f*&% off, cause u r being pretty rude, im not afta rice, i dont drive a farkin civic and a plain no would of been fine No No No , ive been quoted by a friend in the trade $1000 and i DO have abit of knowledge bout the time and effort it goes into making carbon fibre parts. i was mearly asking if u had or could b makin ae82 bonnets, so im sorry for wasting Ur time.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 March 2003 15:12]

joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Tue, 25 March 2003 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gingernuts,

are you only making the bonnets if people actually order them or you just making them anyway?
i've emailed you before about freighting costs etc, and you replied but i never got back to you as i've been busy trying to put my car together.
when my car is finished, i was thinking of actually driving to SA to get the bonnet (and for a weekend break!), so do u make the bonnets when people order them or....?
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Fri, 28 March 2003 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve you must have better self control than myself, cause if someone posted a reply like that to me, i would tell them to "EAT A DICK AND BLOW THAT AE86 CARBON FIBRE BONNET STRAIGHT UP YOUR RING HOLE" Mad
just my 2 cents
justin
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Fri, 28 March 2003 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i must apoligise for that outburst, but that shit really anger me, especially on the forums here.
justin
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sat, 29 March 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude I'll grab one. Heh 500 including delivary? Forums are a bit vast to navigate everyday.

Do you do the entire work? of the bonnet. Or do i have to send u mine?

Anywayz PM me. I want carbon fiber bonnet. I've been thru enough paint n bog to fix up my predrilled bonnet Sad
gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Sat, 29 March 2003 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DeViL rOlLa,
I must apologize to you as it was not my intension to upset you with my honest reply to your questions.
The reason behind my lengthy reply last time was as a direct result of previous enquirers from various peoples.
It seems to me that some people out there have no idea how much work is involved in making such items, & there for can't grasp the fact that it does cost a lot of $$$$$.
More than 80% of the time people just want to achieve that rice look, so maybe that part was uncalled for> sorry! Embarassed

[Updated on: Mon, 14 April 2003 14:34]

gingernuts
Regular

December 2002
Re: AE86 Carbon Fibre Bonnet 4sale Mon, 14 April 2003 14:39 Go to previous message
<speed bump>
Bonnet is still for sale!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1g-gte header plates for sale
Next Topic:4age ae92 package, sydney
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 06:24:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086262226104736 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.