Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2JZ Fuel rail - injectors loose?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
2JZ Fuel rail - injectors loose? Wed, 14 September 2005 22:47 Go to next message
I just re-assembled my fuel rail last night. The injectors slotted into the rail without any problems. My only concern was that they seemed a little loose.

Basically, once the injectors slot into their little hole in the rail (side-feed), there's a strip of metal that bolts down on top of the row of injectors, to kinda sandwich them into the fuel rail. Even when this strip is fully tightened, there's still room for about 2mm movement up and down by the injectors. Is this normal or a bad thing?
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 2JZ Fuel rail - injectors loose? Wed, 14 September 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On my 1j (similar rail) there was no movement at all. It was quite difficult to get them in and out of the rail because they were that tight.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 2JZ Fuel rail - injectors loose? Wed, 14 September 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They're quite firm where they slot into the fuel rail. Like they're not going to rattle about. But it's fairly easy to move them in and out by hand - about 2mm up and down movement before they hit the strip of metal that covers them.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 23:50]

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 2JZ Fuel rail - injectors loose? Thu, 15 September 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you got the urethane spacers on the top of all of the injectors? This is a ring that sits on the top of the injector and is what the steel plate actually pushes on. Also do you have the lower collar in the rail locating the bottom of the injector?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2JZ Fuel rail - injectors loose? Thu, 15 September 2005 12:22 Go to previous message
Are the O-rings on the injectors rooted?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age head -gze block
Next Topic:differences between 4age and 4agze
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 14:07:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057659149169922 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.