Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » Want to respray my car, but I am getting ripped off.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Want to respray my car, but I am getting ripped off. Tue, 13 September 2005 04:45 Go to next message
Hi, I am from Adelaide and I want to respray the red panda GTV that I own.

I have been looking around at getting my car resprayed exept for the bonnet and sunroof, but most of the quotes are $8,000 to $15,000. One place would still charge over $10,000 even if the rear quarters were cut and welded (to add flare guards), all windows taken out, pretty much a shell, and if I supplied the paint.

Can anyone help me out? I want to keep it panda red (but maybe put a pearl in the red and make it darker). I dont have the room or time to repsray it myself.

I need to find someone that can help.
  Send a private message to this user    
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Want to respray my car, but I am getting ripped off. Tue, 13 September 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTV AE86 wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 14:45

Hi, I am from Adelaide and I want to respray the red panda GTV that I own.

I have been looking around at getting my car resprayed exept for the bonnet and sunroof, but most of the quotes are $8,000 to $15,000. One place would still charge over $10,000 even if the rear quarters were cut and welded (to add flare guards), all windows taken out, pretty much a shell, and if I supplied the paint.

Can anyone help me out? I want to keep it panda red (but maybe put a pearl in the red and make it darker). I dont have the room or time to repsray it myself.

I need to find someone that can help.

get the car to sydney 4 to 5k no more will my beater and painter
see my car members rides straight as an arrow and perfect paint
GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: Want to respray my car, but I am getting ripped off. Tue, 13 September 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might take you up on that offer, if you are serious. I might consider that if no one in Adelaide is willing to match it.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Want to respray my car, but I am getting ripped off. Tue, 13 September 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no problems
Gazza53
Regular

August 2004
Re: Want to respray my car, but I am getting ripped off. Tue, 13 September 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Talk to HOWER crash at Lonsdale, he does nice work
GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: Want to respray my car, but I am getting ripped off. Tue, 13 September 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will give him a try.
GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: Want to respray my car, but I am getting ripped off. Thu, 15 September 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found two place that would do it for $5,000.
One is willing to take out all dings, fix rust spots, and cut out the rear wheel arches and glue on and blend in the origin lab rear arch flares, and ducktail wing.

The other won be willing to go as far.

Do you guys think that is a descent price?
mcostalos
Regular

February 2005

Re: Want to respray my car, but I am getting ripped off. Thu, 15 September 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$5000 on a Levin? Rolling Eyes

Ok...

I told you where to go... Wink

Michael
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Want to respray my car, but I am getting ripped off. Thu, 15 September 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man 5K is far too much, i dont know if its a SA thing but in Melb i know of heaps of places willing to do a similar job for max 3.5K most around the 2-2.5K mark

Your spending 5K+! on a car worth 9-11K, sorry but to me that just seems like a big waste of $$
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Want to respray my car, but I am getting ripped off. Thu, 15 September 2005 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had mine done recently in silver/black panda scheme at SA Chassis service. Rust repairs cost me $1k as I had both rear wheel archs, bottom of doors (inner), inner door alleys, rear window, under bumper, and a spot in the boot to cut + weld.

Paint job then cost me $1500 but that was only prepped back a few layers (after rust had been removed) and it was only visible areas so not under hood, door/boot jams. Bare metal would cost a lot more. I removed most exterior stuff but left enough to drive it down there.

Also cost me $500 for the bodykit (ducktail, skirts, lip) fitting which was so there wasnt any seams.

Bottom line is the guy does nice work but make sure you dont have a time schedule (and dont say your not in a rush. I did...). Had to chase him for quite a while and when I needed the car back I had to cut it short so next week its going back to have the lip attached (didnt get done) and get the paint job polished off while Im out of town.

First few places I checked out wanted big cash, $5k+ just for the job paintjob and extra for the rust Shocked
After all its just supposed to be to get rid of the cancer and make it look nice, its not a showroom job.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 September 2005 15:30]

GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: Want to respray my car, but I am getting ripped off. Thu, 15 September 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well there is a guy who is going to knock out dents, cut out the rear arch flares and reweld the cut sections and install the Origin rear flares arches, cut and fix a rust spot near the drivers door (not fibre glass but reweld), fix rust on boot lid and patch the hole from the duckwing, paint and install new front bar, origin flared quarter panels, and side skirts, plus glue in new duck wing (and paint). Plus the paint job will include painting it in two tone on the outside, inside the doors and door lining, inside of the hatch lid and hatch lining. Plus its still going to be two tone.

He will do it for $5000. What do you think is that an ok price?

Plus he said he will make it look like showroom condition and the is a lifetime guarantee on the paint (any blemishes or marks he said bring it in and they will fix it).
GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: Want to respray my car, but I am getting ripped off. Thu, 15 September 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
double post Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 15 September 2005 23:55]

jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: Want to respray my car, but I am getting ripped off. Fri, 16 September 2005 09:44 Go to previous message
sounds good to me. In tamworth it costs 7k plus just for a paint job! it is ridiculous!.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:igniter plug+coilpack plug
Next Topic:18RG carburettors/webbers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 06:30:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008206844329834 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.