Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 07:16 Go to next message
hey just wondering.....if someone put scissor doors on there car, would they need to get an engineering cert to get it done? just because of the saftey factor?

or can you just put em on and not worry about it?
  Send a private message to this user    
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that a serious question?????
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what he said ^
toyotacorona
Regular

May 2004
Re: scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it's like lambo doors butterfly doors what ever there called
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muaythaiman wrote on Thu, 15 September 2005 18:09

is that a serious qustion? seriously, give an answer that is of some help or fuc off . .
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is a serious question (though they would look mad on my ST162 i havent the money) and yeah they are lamborginhi doors. was just pondering to my self if you put them on your own car if you'd have to get an engineering cert to make em ok,

didnt know where i should start searching so i came here.

Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really would think that you would need to get it engineered, although there are kits that you can buy that you dont need to modify the doors at all.

It wouldnt look to bad on a ST162 but I wouldnt really bother doing it.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its a crap idea.
real lamborghini style doors would require very extensive modifications.
the ones that you can buy in kit form are shite. they swing out a bit then upwards, and look major ghey.
toyotacorona
Regular

May 2004
Re: scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i rekon it would look alright it's something diffrent then the other 99.9% of cars out there anyway thats my taste everones diffrent

[Updated on: Thu, 15 September 2005 10:17]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would put scissor doors on a Ma70/jza70 like this Very Happy :

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7707/m15028ws.jpg
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark that car is hawt.

and yes, definitly engineering
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah theres a guy on ebay (not sure if he's still there) selling the PLANS on how to make a set of these doors for your self...

and seeing as how dad is quite handy in dealing with this sorta stuff the thought kinda crossed my mind. but then i considered no. especially if i have to get it engineered
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there's a candy red civic with scissor doors going around, top bloke

But DAMN the car is awesome Cool
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They'd be handy on a *A70. The doors on those things are huge! As long as you didn't park somewhere with a low roof. Sad

Stuff it, just weld your doors shut, and get out dukes of hazard style... through the windows!
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The appeal of adding / modifying doors that / to open upwards - might eventually pass and you might be stuck with a real classy number from which you might feel uncomfortable crawling out of -just from the shame of it all.

Or it could become the car that will propel you to even greater heights on the social ladder. Just imagine all the people staring in amazement and envy as you parade this vertically opening wonder beast at the next function you attend.

Cars are meant to be driven.

my 2 cents.

Its hard to come back to mainstream after you've done hardcore.

http://www.takebacktheave.com/CarPics/PopperMickey/Mikey26.JPG

At a guess - you'd have to engineer it.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 September 2005 22:02]

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: scissor doors Thu, 15 September 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In short doors are designed to open outwards not upwards. Yes engineering would be required as well as some extensive reinforcing to the door itself.

Those plans on ebay are a bit of a basic setup, But by all means spend the 5 dollars and look further at the design. Very few cars have the door window line to allow the door to swing straight up and therfore most designs open like a normal door so the window glass can clear the A-pillar and then lift up. looks the goods on static display bu looks really dodgy when opening and closing.

If you were to do the (and that surpa looks shit hot *looks at brothers JZA70*) look at what is commercially available and improve on that. I did have plans to to this before all the commecial kits landed in Aust, but now it is a little ricey.

I'll put it this way....

If you buy a kit and bolt it on = Rice

If you do the R&D build a smooth operating door with correct reinforcing and the nessesary modifications to the door and the door jam to get it looking good opening and closing, and get it engineered....
Kudos to you.....

some of the commercially available kits ARE a good start point but can't be engineered in Aust. futher reinforcing to the doors is required, probably adding 40-50kg to the weight of your car.
Choose a car that has frameless windows and look at setting a trigger the rolls the window down a few inches when you operate the door leaver to give you more clearance to open straight up, rather than out and up.

My 2c and showing there is a little bit of rice in all of us... Razz
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

HeKtik Fri, 16 September 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://cakonos.image.pbase.com/image/49171669.jpg
http://cakonos.image.pbase.com/image/49256910.jpg

He had to get the harlequin paint engineered but not the doors.
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: scissor doors Fri, 16 September 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stuff scissor doors go gullwing Very Happy
delorean styling Laughing
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: scissor doors Fri, 16 September 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it'd have to be pretty easy to install those "delorean" style doors. its pretty much the same as your boot just on a smaller scale really
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: scissor doors Fri, 16 September 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
right heaps easy! Laughing
how thin is the roof...
how heavy is a door...
plus you would have to redesign the latch
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: scissor doors Fri, 16 September 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FULL DIY scissor doors

Cool
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: scissor doors Fri, 16 September 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyoda wrote on Thu, 15 September 2005 18:50

muaythaiman wrote on Thu, 15 September 2005 18:09

is that a serious qustion? seriously, give an answer that is of some help or fuc off . .

Thanks for the input.........a simple search would have answered the questions. Why didn't you answer the question? instead of adding a post even less related to the topic than mine.

Changing the structural part of a car would DEFINATLY need engineering in my logical way of thinking, as most people have stated as far.......

And learn how to spell..............FUCK!
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: scissor doors Fri, 16 September 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just typed scissor doors into the toymods search function and got plaenty of results.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: scissor doors Fri, 16 September 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i didnt go about it they way you would have....big deal,

the way i look at it there are 3 ways of doing things:

the right way, the wrong way and the max power way......isnt the max power way the wrong way......YES, but faster.

i'll know for next time Wink
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: scissor doors Fri, 16 September 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
read the forum rules. i just thought the question was self explanitory. unlees you live in tasmania you have to get an exhaust tip engineered!
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: scissor doors Fri, 16 September 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and what the hells the max power way?
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: scissor doors Fri, 16 September 2005 20:43 Go to previous message
muaythaiman wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 12:57

and what the hells the max power way?

Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My New RA28- Im Goin to kill that Mofo
Next Topic:Where do the different kind of fuels come from?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:13:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010243892669678 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.