Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » diff?? whats a mini spool???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mr_ke30
Regular

January 2004
icon10.gif  diff?? whats a mini spool??? Thu, 15 September 2005 09:23 Go to next message
hey guys just wondering what a mini spool is if anyone knows??

cheers

mr_ke30
  Send a private message to this user    
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: diff?? whats a mini spool??? Thu, 15 September 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the machine the spool at the top which feeds the cotton for the primary stitch.

The mini-spool is located under the 'foot' and feeds cotton for the locking stitch.

Thats the diff between the two.

Hope this helps.

Rex
Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
Re: diff?? whats a mini spool??? Thu, 15 September 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about wool, I hear Rex can spin up al sorts now. Mybe some alpaca, maybe some Lamma?
mr_ke30
Regular

January 2004
Re: diff?? whats a mini spool??? Thu, 15 September 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice one thanx learned heaps! if i was a cheap labour asian! i meant a mini spool diff of the car diff type!!!!
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: diff?? whats a mini spool??? Thu, 15 September 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my understanding was it was like a very tight lsd

ie not quite a locker but allowed a small amount of slip before fully locking up
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Fucking google it!!! Thu, 15 September 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ke30 wrote on Thu, 15 September 2005 19:48

nice one thanx learned heaps! if i was a cheap labour asian! i meant a mini spool diff of the car diff type!!!!

how about google....

surely in this day and age, someone like you, can use something like google (it's called a search engine), to find the answer with less keystrokes than it took you to post this as a waste of space thread....
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: diff?? whats a mini spool??? Thu, 15 September 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A mini-spool is a locker. No slip, no limiting, no differential action.

Both wheel are locked together and get equal drive.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: diff?? whats a mini spool??? Thu, 15 September 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What he said. A mini spool is basically a solid lump of steel which connects the axles together, and replaces the spider gears in the diff centre. Same effect as welding up the diff, but much less bodgy.
mr_ke30
Regular

January 2004
Re: diff?? whats a mini spool??? Fri, 16 September 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx exactly wat i wanted 2 know and didnt even have to use GOOGLE!!!!!!! much better answer than sum gay search engine would find!!!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: diff?? whats a mini spool??? Fri, 16 September 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ke30 wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 17:28

thanx exactly wat i wanted 2 know and didnt even have to use GOOGLE!!!!!!! much better answer than sum gay search engine would find!!!

yes, but if you search yourself, then people here are much more likely to answer any hard questions you have.

think of using google as investing in your future knowledge by not pissing people off when you cbf searching for simple things....

http://images.google.com.au/images?svnum=10&hl =en&lr=&q=minispool+diff

will ya look at that.. first fucking result...

you lazy wanker... Laughing [edit] said in jest.. partially...

Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 16 September 2005 07:57]

mr_ke30
Regular

January 2004
Re: diff?? whats a mini spool??? Sat, 17 September 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh thanx mate learned heaps from the pictures geez they look loke diffs! thanx for the answers i was looking for to all u others!

cheers

mr_ke30
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: diff?? whats a mini spool??? Sat, 17 September 2005 08:34 Go to previous message
mr_ke30 wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 16:58

The point is that ppl will remember your name and not be as willing to answer your simple questions in the future.

Its a sign of slackness/selfishness that you cant be bothered spending 30secs more searching for yourself elsewhere first.

Its called forum etiquette and this place has a decent amount of it (a good thing btw).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3TGTE bottom end rebuild..
Next Topic:quickie: where to Tee boost gauge line to? (3SGTE)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 01:56:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074679851531982 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.