Interstate Cruises and Events » ACT » Canberra Cruise - 18th of September

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1JRocket
Regular

July 2005
Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Thu, 11 August 2005 00:49 Go to next message
A mate and I here in Canberra have been getting a few cars together about once a month and going for a cruise on a Sunday arvo.

If anyone is interested in coming along our next run is on Sunday the 18th of September.

We meet at the car park at regatta point at about 2pm and then finish up about 5:30.

We have a some toyotas, hondas and nissans at the moment.

All welcome.
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Thu, 11 August 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's the plan for the cruise? ie: Where?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Thu, 11 August 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds interesting, I will be in Melbourne on the 18th but let us know of future cruise dates.

Cheers.
1JRocket
Regular

July 2005
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Thu, 11 August 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not 100% on the plan, but we are thinking about max reef rd out to Bungendore for a coffee and then back into town.

The last one was around the cotter loop with a stop up at Stromlo Observatory and it was pretty a nice run.
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Thu, 11 August 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i may be interested... doesnt seem to be to many cruises happening at the moment...
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Thu, 11 August 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those cruises sound alright, quite civilised Smile

Quote:

doesnt seem to be to many cruises happening at the moment

they happen Very Happy

I will keep an eye out for the October cruise 1JRocket Wink
SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Thu, 11 August 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be in QLD for jambo Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Fri, 12 August 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet that whole weekend is lining up to be awsome for me Very Happy

I'm in Wink
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Fri, 12 August 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

sweet that whole weekend is lining up to be awsome for me

Cartoons Saturday morning, lunch, nap, more cartoons, bedtime, Sunday morning cartoons, admire MR2, cruise, sleep.

Is that the plan Joel Laughing

Just kidding Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Fri, 12 August 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 12:34

Cartoons Saturday morning, lunch, nap, more cartoons, bedtime, Sunday morning cartoons, admire MR2, cruise, sleep.

Is that the plan Joel Laughing

hell yes, that sounds like a plan Laughing although I think I can squeeze another admiring MR2 session on Saturday aswell probably between lunch and nap, that way i have nice dreams Laughing Laughing Laughing

SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Fri, 12 August 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about a brief period of self-gratification? Smile
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Sun, 14 August 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Guys
Just thinking out loud here, and im not trying to cut into you thread or your cruise, but if your interested you are more than welcome to join in on our cruise on 11 September as well. We have been negotiating this with our Sydney TOYMODS mates for months and have not posted about the 11th Cruise due to TOYMODS still arranging a venue etc.

So, if you would like to attend our CCG/TOYMODS cruise (all makes welcome) or even have two cruises then thats cool of course. Hope we can all join in!
Cheers
Mitch
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Sun, 14 August 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with the arrival of this new cruise on the 11th I don't know if I can get 2 weekends off work in a row Rolling Eyes
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Thu, 18 August 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look's like another cruze for the van!!!!! sprinter still in workshop and will prob be there for alittle longer
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Thu, 18 August 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^^^official CCG tow vehicle Very Happy
1JRocket
Regular

July 2005
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Sun, 04 September 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mate and I did the intended run today to check the condition of the roads and see how long it took.

The plan is...

Meet at Regatta point car park
Head up northbourne and then stay on the highway for about
26'ish ks.
Left onto Gundaroo rd and all the way down that 'till we get to
Bungendore
Left onto Tarago rd and out to Tarago
Stop at Tarago for a bit
Do a U-turn and head back to Bungendore
Stop for a coffee and some drooling over each other's cars
Back up to the federal highway via Mac's Reef rd
Back down the highway into Canberra where we can all go our
own ways.

There is about 1h 45mins driving in this trip so it will not be a mammoth effort. Hope to see you all there for a nice leisurely Sunday afternoon.

The only prob for me is that my Cressida might end up in the shop for the weekend and I'll have to bring the LTD!

[Updated on: Sun, 04 September 2005 09:02]

1JRocket
Regular

July 2005
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Tue, 06 September 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So is there anyone out there who is up for this little afternoon cruise?

The hondas and nissans seem to be accounted for, so we NEED some toyotas!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Tue, 06 September 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i should be there with the supra being as dirty as ever..

fuel kinda sucks these days but we will see how we go

cheers gumby
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Tue, 06 September 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im out. ACTAFL grand final day is traditional piss up for me and a few mates.....
SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Tue, 06 September 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That weekend has this cruise, jambo, octoberfest and the desperate and dateless ball
1JRocket
Regular

July 2005
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Tue, 06 September 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SL666 wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 16:12

That weekend has this cruise, jambo, octoberfest and the desperate and dateless ball

Jambo is too far away, not really a big octoberfest kinda guy but I'll probably go on Sat with my girls dad, and as I have a girl I might not be too popular if I went to the desperate and dateless.
SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Wed, 07 September 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm a bit bummed about missing octoberfest, ive been for the last 7 or so years, but this will also be my 4th jambo Smile

Amir
Newcomer

April 2005

Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Wed, 07 September 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll come but next time, im getting ma P's on 21st september Sad Crying or Very Sad

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2005 13:27]

SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Wed, 07 September 2005 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for making the rest of us feel old Smile
Amir
Newcomer

April 2005

Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Thu, 08 September 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhhhhhh sorry!!!!
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Thu, 08 September 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Question:

Why Bungendore?? There are much nicer roads out Namadgi direction. But I guess it's about the social aspect too... And i probably find them boring 'cos I travelled on them everyday on a schoolbus for about six years... Sounds like a good setup though. Cruise = good.
1JRocket
Regular

July 2005
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Mon, 12 September 2005 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to let you all know this is still on.

We are going as per the above plan, but if we feel like a longer run we are gonig to come back into Qbn via Kings Hwy and then up that rd near the driver training place and up to the Federal Hwy and then down into canberra.

We'll decide about that bit when we are all sitting around having a coffee in Bungendore, admiring our cars.

Hope to see you at Regatta point on Sunday and hopefully with my Cressida.

1j
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Tue, 13 September 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll see you's there
1JRocket
Regular

July 2005
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Wed, 14 September 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So there will be two of us from Toymods? There are going to be a stack of Silvias aparently...
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Thu, 15 September 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll see how I go
My car needs a bit of work done to it though
1JRocket
Regular

July 2005
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Mon, 19 September 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the cruise was great fun, despite the little hickup at the begining.

We were meant to meet at regatta point but Floriade was on so the place was packed. One of our boys flaged down every hot car and pointed them to our new meeting place at the museum.

We had;
Nissan Silvia
2 Preludes
A starion with turbo nissan engine conversion
Skyline
RX8
200sx
MR2
1J Cressida
And one I can't remember

Nice mix and lots of people with different experience. The RX8 was hot but only a dream for some of us.

The next one will be near the end of october so if anyone is interested keep an eye out for it here.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Mon, 19 September 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you get that VTi-R Prelude with the turbo conversion and big front mount Shocked

It looks nice!
1JRocket
Regular

July 2005
Re: Canberra Cruise - 18th of September Mon, 19 September 2005 23:46 Go to previous message
I don't think so. The preludes with us weren't too out there. Was a good group though.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WSID outing on the 21st
Next Topic:JOINT CCG/TOYMODS CRUISE-N-MEET - Sunday - 11 September 2005
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:05:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055530071258545 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.