Toymods » General Car Talk » GT4 owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm confident internals will cope just fine. Water injection helps plenty, I use good quality oil + regular changes, and I dont thrash it.

Engine is gen 3.

AFAIK, the FC is a stright hook-up but you should verify that with Justen.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 September 2005 03:47]

Send a private message to this user    
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the PFC is a straight hook up to a Gen 3 engine, thats why i was curious...also gen 3 internals are a touch stronger then gen 2, i believe, either way Shocked

Also outta curiousity what rims have u got?? they look sex!

[Updated on: Tue, 13 September 2005 03:51]

zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are 17" OZ Racing 6-Spoke alloys and the offset is +45.
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roundy wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 13:49

yeah the PFC is a straight hook up to a Gen 3 engine, thats why i was curious...also gen 3 internals are a touch stronger then gen 2, i believe, either way Shocked

Also outta curiousity what rims have u got?? they look sex!

I wish they made a direct hook up for Gen 2 as well.. Sad

I love those rims as well. Went around to a few wheel shops, no one had them. And could not get in a complete set. Damn!!

I thought they had a offset of 38+ dude, also with 25mm track spacers in the rear. Confused

They are the perfect rims for that car, so smooth!! love em!
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you tried ringing up interstate suppliers?
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can they make a hookup for a st165!! PLEASE!!!
lol, as if theyd waiste ther time, dammit.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zasa or justen,

can u please post up a sticky or something about ur water injection setup?

pros and cons?
is it dual stage?
is it turned on by a solenoid when boost comes on?
what mixture your using?
where did you buy it from and who installed it?
what safety precautions you have in measure should the tank empty?
how does the kit wire up to your car (does it integrate with your aftermarket computer or what?)

as GT4's suffer marginaly from heatsoak and FMIC's arent easy, water injection seems like a great alternative for any gt4.
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
+1
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 23:59

im in the process of picking out my exhaust at the moment, id like to know if there is a huge difference between a 3" exhaust system and a 2.5". all the shops are telling me 3" DP will be a bitch for them to make up. does the 3" exhaust make a shitload of noise?? i want to keep my exhaust noise under 90db.

what alot of questions and statements in one post hey!!!

I recommend going to see the guys at Daalder exhausts in Box Hill. They made up my 3" cat back (with 3" between the 2 cats), for around $500ish I think, and did a bloody good job getting it to fit. Workmanship is very good and they not once complained about it being a bitch to work on, like most people do with these cars Smile

As for DP's, definitely go with the Aussie, people all round the world use them, I plan to get one soon.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tooch wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 18:21

carsanactra wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 23:59

im in the process of picking out my exhaust at the moment, id like to know if there is a huge difference between a 3" exhaust system and a 2.5". all the shops are telling me 3" DP will be a bitch for them to make up. does the 3" exhaust make a shitload of noise?? i want to keep my exhaust noise under 90db.

what alot of questions and statements in one post hey!!!

I recommend going to see the guys at Daalder exhausts in Box Hill. They made up my 3" cat back (with 3" between the 2 cats), for around $500ish I think, and did a bloody good job getting it to fit. Workmanship is very good and they not once complained about it being a bitch to work on, like most people do with these cars Smile

As for DP's, definitely go with the Aussie, people all round the world use them, I plan to get one soon.

yeh, i've also heard good things from other people about that boxhill place.
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeez, im away a couple of days and have missed 1.5 pages! Inspirational!

1) DV Cops suck. Makes me happy i break the law as much as i can. So long as your not hurting anyone of course.

2) Zasa Fucking inspirational. Congrats on awesome output. Once i get my shit sorted (graduate/moveout/pay off UZZ32) don't be surprised if a certain 165 starts laying down similar number. TEINs are def. the most immediate automotive purchase im gearing up for though.

3) Carsanactra Don't bother with anything but Aussie. Like someone said, there is a reason ppl rant on about them so much. Also, don't fuck about with the Gen 2 motor. They're a great motor but if your gonna be spending bucks anyway you may as well get a proper 205 motor or if not a Caldina motor and go FMIC or custom W2A. When you do the basic de-restrictions they net more ponies. Also, i'll be able to put Daalder to the test next week when it comes time to fit an Aussie 165 DP to a 205 manifold. Im told its possible but then again, so is splitting an atom... Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 13 September 2005 10:43]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont count out the gen2 just yet - theres plenty of G2's putting out big numbers Smile

with the right development funds and research im sure mine would be able to do the figures that Zasa's / justens ex can do, i just have to work a little harder . Im sure troys is on the way as well but his Wife financial institution seems to have put a halt on madness * chuckles *

** edit : without sounding too la-de-da , what i mean is both gen motors have their strengths and weaknesses , but both are still bloody tough with the right build and matched components behind em

but if a swap is in order , then G3 is a great basis to start if you need to replace the gearbox and such at the same time .

You get the best " stock " drivetrain in one hit with gen3 - without much needed to be done to it

[Updated on: Tue, 13 September 2005 11:33]

carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i know thats what i should be saveing for but its so hard not to mod the car now! especially since u know what power ya got u just wana go and beat it!

i am seriously wanting a st205 halfcut but its hard to face the facts that im just gona have to save up for it! im goin in to ask toyospares about the whole procedure in the next couple of days.

has anyone seen the gen3 caldina half cut at tweakit.net? not bad, but i dont have the money yet.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 13 September 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your best chasing a st205 cut if you can get it and wear the wait and cost

then you get the front brakes hopefully , the best gearbox , the best water to air setup and the best stock block

last cut i know went for about 5 grand - that was a complete front , in adelaideif your lucky - you might be able to get the rear brakes and diff too
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 14 September 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep the 205's cuts are definately getting rare and expensive these days... worth if it you're prepared to wait to find one and pay the premium.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 14 September 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 20:52

dont count out the gen2 just yet - theres plenty of G2's putting out big numbers Smile

with the right development funds and research im sure mine would be able to do the figures that Zasa's / justens ex can do, i just have to work a little harder . Im sure troys is on the way as well but his Wife financial institution seems to have put a halt on madness * chuckles *

i'm sure my wife will understand when i tell her that
new cams are a service item Rolling Eyes
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 14 September 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 13:31

I just called up about my Ferrea valves which I ordered a month or so ago... have discovered that they were most likely caught up in hurricane katrina (Ferrea are in Florida)!

Looks like I'm going to have to wait a bit longer for the engine to be done Sad

Just found out that the valves are here and it was just FedEx being slow as usual (the world on time my ass!)
Valve springs are yet to come though... but they should turn up in a week or so.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 14 September 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i'm sure my wife will understand when i tell her that
new cams are a service item Rolling Eyes

yes honey we have to put new cams in every 100 thousand kilometers as a wear item replacement .. see , these ones have more meat on them so they should last a bit longer Smile
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 14 September 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you do the sums for the 205 half cut and what you get, its prolly the most well rounded and best value option out there. From an insurance and engineering perspective it makes a lot of sense too.

PS: Stu, you hit the nail on the head with what i was trying to say. Gen 2's are basically the same but if youre facing big costs you may as well get the best in the first place and not have to worry bout things like porting, brakes, and gearbox later.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 14 September 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just wondering if anyones lookin for some OZ racing replica rims..
They are 15" 5x100 (offset is 38 i believe) with very decent yokomahama A539 Rubber all round.. They are $160 each, The rims are by the brand OMP, and look very similar to the OZ racing flat dish used in rally, these actually look better and have a better passage for air to be directed to the brakes..

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8821/kit8tg.jpg

http://img213.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img213&image=i mg13624tt.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 06:31]

KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 14 September 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who makes that front bar? Looks really nice. Kind of "Alltrac" but nice all the same...
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 14 September 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would be SSV, Its a new kit i got recently..
Sets the car off beautiful, makes it sorta look like a 5th gen..

benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 15 September 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had one on my old 162, virtually the only one you can get for the 162. It really looks nice.
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 15 September 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-ST162 wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 23:56

That would be SSV, Its a new kit i got recently..
Sets the car off beautiful, makes it sorta look like a 5th gen..

Looks AWESOME Adrian, you've done very well with this car Smile

Oh, but it will never be a 5th gen, even if it 'looks' like one Razz
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 15 September 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh BTW, just put a deposit on a set of Advanti Rally Tech wheels, should be getting them early next week I think! Can't find a freaking picture on the net, but they look kinda similar to the Enkei Tarmac Evo's. Should look fully sick.

So my trashed up 17" sparco's are up for sale soon if anyone wants them, they look ok but are pretty scratched up and would suit reconditioning. Tyres are usable still, altho 2 might need replacing very soon. Let me know if you want them Smile

EDIT: Found pic! http://www.yhi.com.au/Advanti/16_RallyTech.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 15 September 2005 08:02]

Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 15 September 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah - I like the idea of white racing style rims for my Group A. Love the look of white rims on white car.

I was thinking something more like this

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/GT4005/Wheel s/ef6454a2.jpg

Ozzy Racing 068 in white.

How much are you paying, if you don't mind me asking?

[Updated on: Thu, 15 September 2005 08:46]

tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 15 September 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Costing $1600 with tyres so not too bad I guess. I plan to buy some of those bolt on spacers for the rear as well.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 15 September 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a pretty good price.

A lot of people seem to be running the spacers on the rear. I wonder whether having the rears wider than the fronts would affect the handling? Also if it is a good idea to incorporate an adaptor on the wheels - isn't it another thing that can break?

Funny how the group A has such damn wide guards but has trouble fitting a decent width wheels (over 7").
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 15 September 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the guy claimed they were 'on special this week only!' Smile

The funny thing is, the rears are slightly narrower in track than the front, so I suppose making them a bit wider might be a good thing for handling too...And if they are the decent spacers, i.e. the HR ones, they are precision engineered so shouldn't break or anything like that.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 15 September 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmss thats a good question

using a wider tyre on the rear- or a spaced rim - Does that effect the handling ??

I know ive got matched 225's on it atm - lok good on front , small on back ..

Will be going 17's or 18's eventually but yeah .. would be nice to fill out what guard we have with either a greater dished lip or a spaced item
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 15 September 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Thu, 15 September 2005 21:40

hmmss thats a good question

using a wider tyre on the rear- or a spaced rim - Does that effect the handling ??

I know ive got matched 225's on it atm - lok good on front , small on back ..

Will be going 17's or 18's eventually but yeah .. would be nice to fill out what guard we have with either a greater dished lip or a spaced item

More and more people I see are using spacers on their GT4's, I have seen heaps of people on other forums from around the world using them, which has made me less sceptical of them. I'll see how these new wheels look, and determine how big a spacer if any I need.
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 15 September 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It'd be nice to get s solid conclusion re the track change thing. Every time its come up people reckon that wider back on the back does something to the centre diff...? You'd think a spacer in the back would be the same as a wider rim though and lots of people run them...
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 15 September 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im running spacers, There going pretty great, i checked them out the other day, no signs of weakness, stress cracks or anything, looking like brand new! I noticed the rear felt more planted, and more subtle so to speak around corners and at speed. The change was for the better.

I have bought some new rims for my baby. One-piece cast magnesium wheel for tarmac, Speedline corse rims, in white. They will be here at the end of the month. I just need to find some rubber to fit them up. 17x7 in 5x100 in 35+ offset on 25mm h&r's on the rear. Should look good.

heres a pic, just mine are white:

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/8044/z20132uj.jpg
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 15 September 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sikx5 ne chance of u posting up some pics of ur car from the back so i can see how far they sit out looking from the back

cos looking at mine atm the tyre/wheels look like theyre about level with the bottom most part of the wheel arch but obviously are inside the overhang of the wide body/flare.. so just wanna get a picture of how far they sit out..

thanx mate
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 15 September 2005 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a 40+ offset on those black rims.
here is before:
http://img203.echo.cx/img203/6250/dsc2204medium2aa.jpg

Now after:
http://img28.echo.cx/img28/8677/dsc2211medium6mx.jpg
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
icon14.gif  Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 15 September 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey sik

Nice choice of rims!

Make sure you post some pics when you fit them. I haven't had much luck finding pics of white Group A's with white wheels. I reckon it would look great, but I would like to see it before I spend the $$$.

On the spacer issue - I have heard that having different size tyres front and rear in an AWD places extra stress on the centre diff (different resistence, diameter etc..). I wondered whether having spacers at the back would cause similar problems?

*edit* also I heard that you can't have your rims protruding past any part of the guard (ie. top or bottom). Because of the shape of the Group A rear guards you could be well inside the top and sticking out the bottom (if you know what I mean)

[Updated on: Thu, 15 September 2005 23:26]

-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 16 September 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty P wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 09:24

Hey sik

Nice choice of rims!

Make sure you post some pics when you fit them. I haven't had much luck finding pics of white Group A's with white wheels. I reckon it would look great, but I would like to see it before I spend the $$$.

On the spacer issue - I have heard that having different size tyres front and rear in an AWD places extra stress on the centre diff (different resistence, diameter etc..). I wondered whether having spacers at the back would cause similar problems?

*edit* also I heard that you can't have your rims protruding past any part of the guard (ie. top or bottom). Because of the shape of the Group A rear guards you could be well inside the top and sticking out the bottom (if you know what I mean)

i think wheels/tyres with a different circomfrence from the front would place xcess stress on the centre diff....but i can see absolutely no reason in the world that different width/spacers would make any difference?

up here in qld its true that you arent allowed to have ur rims protruding past any part of the guard, i dont know if its the same in nsw or everywhere else tho
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 16 September 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-=DV=- wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 11:33

up here in qld its true that you arent allowed to have ur rims protruding past any part of the guard, i dont know if its the same in nsw or everywhere else tho

I belive this is part of the ADR's and is not up to the states, I think you will find it is illegal in Australia. (hence the big plastic 'gaurds' we have on our jeeps.)
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 16 September 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You will probably find the ADR refers to the top half of the wheel, i.e. the upper half of the tyre (above the hub) must not protrude from the gaurd.
Otherwise ford and holden would be non compliant to yet another ADR.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 16 September 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is important that you run the same size tyres front and back. Changes in width or profile will change the total outside diameter of the tyre, changing the effective gear ratio. If the front and back doesn't have the same gearing, your centre diff will be working hard to compensate. Expect to wear it out very quickly. Incidently this is a good reason to have the spare tyre the same size as your others.

As for the width, having the front track wider than the rear supposedly makes the car a little more directionally stable. Having said that, I put a wider diff in My RA28 and didn't notice any difference. If you drive at the cars limits all the time, then it's probably worth looking into. Otherwise I wouldn't be too concerned. Note though that they will change the loads on the wheel bearings, which is why they are frowned upon by engineers.

As a side note, I had a good look at a ST205 on the weekend (Nowra cruise with CCG). Very nice car, I am almost tempted to buy one of these in Spain. Although the GTi-R is looking good too.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 16 September 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the way to work yesterday I had a teal green ST205 pull up next to my beastie charade. I asked him what number it was and then we got into a conversation about brakes, engines, what mine looked like etc etc...... Its funny how enthusiastic we GT4 owners are. Makes me proud to be an owner.

If it were two wrx owners they would have just been reving on each other Laughing

By the way it was number 4 so we may want to add that to the 205 lost and found chart.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 16 September 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shoulda told him to sign up here and share the goodness!
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 16 September 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been in contact with tcca about the 25mm spacers as toobs suggested they were the most local place to get em.. theyre $275 a pair 5 stud 54,1 centre bore.. maybe less if we did a group buy...

post up if u definitely want a pair and we can go from there...
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 16 September 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i'm a definate.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 16 September 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the group buy price is around $240 then count me in also.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 16 September 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, why not. Put me down for a pair!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 16 September 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just make sure you guys get the part number I listed as it is the right center bore, right stud length etc. etc. for our cars.

The chick at TCCA is pretty on the ball though and will probably tell you that's the right part number anyway.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 16 September 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sikx5 wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 01:42

http://img237.echo.cx/img237/6113/dsc2208medium4so.jpg

http://www.elektranix.com/images/ST185R/ST185-FLNR-DS.jpg

Even though ours are the same part number my spacers seem to have shorter studs than yours Sikx5... are yours the studs that it comes with or something else?

PS the studs they come with are a bitch to drill out Razz
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 16 September 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah put me down for a set if they are any cheaper. Hopefully they will fit well with my new rims.
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 16 September 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys qucik question

what sorta money would youse expect to pay/receive for the stock turbo and manifold? Manifold is in good nick, turbo needs new oil seals

What is roughly the going rate (and does anyone want it?? Wink )
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 16 September 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit what happened to that stud toobs? looks mangled...
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 17 September 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GriZZly wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 00:29

Heh someone used a rattle gun? I hate those things Mad
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 17 September 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car is up for sale guys.

Have a look at the car sales section.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 17 September 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHAT THE!?!?!?!? Shocked

But you've just laid down some awesome power figures and had plans for more? What happened?
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 17 September 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've decided to buy a house, and therefore cannot afford to keep the white beast.

BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 17 September 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad smart move man.
thats a decision i will soon have to make too.
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 17 September 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Completely random question here, but does the T-VIS usually cause a noticeable change in noise pitch when the revs hit 4200rpm (where it kicks in)?
I'll try to cut a long story short to explain the situation...
Had engine removed & re-installed by mechanic (for gearbox re-co) several months ago. After getting car back it had developed a loud buzz in the first exhaust resonator when I hit 4200rpm, which we figured was just a loose baffle in the exhaust. Was planning to install new exhaust soon anyway, so figured I'd wait, & new exhaust would cure problem. New exhaust now in (full Aussie 3" system). The buzz has now gone, but I have noticed that the engine still has a noticeable change in noise at 4200rpm. Is this normal?
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 18 September 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys does any1 know if i can use 185 engine mounts in my 165? it seems impossible to track down aftermarket 165 mounts....and im NOT prepared to pay toyotas $400+ per mount....so are the 185 mounts the same?....if not 162 mounts would be the same as 165 wouldnt they?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 18 September 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tooch wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 10:32

GriZZly wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 00:29

Heh someone used a rattle gun? I hate those things Mad

The lock nut snapped in half and I had to drill the stud to get the wheel off.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 18 September 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
The water injection setup on zasa's car is an aquamist unit, just check out their website for specs.

The oz racing wheels i picked up from Pat's tyres in fyshwick. if you want a sweet wheels i reckon Buddy Club P1 are hard to beat and good prices from C-Red
Pages (23): [ «  <  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all
Next Topic:wolf 3d V4....how much are they?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:27:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013905048370361 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.