Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
barbel
Regular

May 2002
will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Wed, 14 September 2005 23:41 Go to next message

found some for sale... thinking this looks like a FWD offset, can someone clarify for me.

cheers

Paul
  Send a private message to this user    
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Wed, 14 September 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO!!!

SEARCH!!!!
barbel
Regular

May 2002
Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Thu, 15 September 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did... didnt find what i wanted

just wanted confirmation.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Thu, 15 September 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, i think my first line confirms this Razz
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Thu, 15 September 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually they do, if your fine with running a 3mm spacer, I do.

Get longer wheels studs and a fatter spacer if you really wana fill out the guard properly.
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Fri, 16 September 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no no no dont do that.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Fri, 16 September 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86Boy wrote on Thu, 15 September 2005 14:53

Get longer wheels studs and a fatter spacer if you really wana fill out the guard properly.

them's the smarts right there boy...

cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Fri, 16 September 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you mean -35, +35 would have hektik dish bro. Stock 5" rims are -26 or 27, cant remember, and i have a set of 7" -25 which have about 3mm to clear the strut, depending on tyres used.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Fri, 16 September 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
- means dish dude. The more postive an offset is, the further the 'middle' bit sits out. Opposite for negative offset', further it sits in.
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Fri, 16 September 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Preferably a bolt on spacer if you dont wana go the longer wheel studs route....

Or just try and find a set of wheels with the right offset.

DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Fri, 16 September 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should fit man....... my 86 has 16x8" rims with 45's...... measured the off-set (roughly) not long ago.. and it was between +35 - +40...... so they may fit.... the fronts on mine are very close to the strut though.....although they dont rub or anything.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Tue, 20 September 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 15:34

- means dish dude. The more postive an offset is, the further the 'middle' bit sits out. Opposite for negative offset', further it sits in.

Sorry, my mistake, was having "a moment"

michaelhaynes110
Regular

June 2005
Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Tue, 20 September 2005 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Thu, 15 September 2005 09:45

NO!!!

SEARCH!!!!

Shut up idiot. Searching does shit. Before you reply actually think about if you know the answer.

As I have recently learnt it mainly depends on what tyre size you are running. The best thing you can do is get some wheels and try a test fit. From here you can think about clearances and spacers and all that kind of stuff.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Tue, 20 September 2005 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRFT - 86 wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 20:08

should fit man....... my 86 has 16x8" rims with 45's...... measured the off-set (roughly) not long ago.. and it was between +35 - +40...... so they may fit.... the fronts on mine are very close to the strut though.....although they dont rub or anything.

was that offset? or the difference between the backspace and the rest of the rim?? 35 to 40 seems rather high?
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Tue, 20 September 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shut up idiot? i'd call you a nasty name in return but i have no desire to stir up yet another keyboard warrior.

there is heaps of information, if you arent happy with the search functionality, i suggest you ask for your subscription money back. Rolling Eyes

I agree that the best way to see if they will fit is to fit them to the car, however offset calculations are very easy to do, and some GOOGLE searching will reveal how easy this is.

oldcorollas, offset is the distance between the centreline of the rim to the hub mounting face, you can calculate bacspace from offset if you know the width of the rim (has to be measured as it wont be 6 inch or whatever.)

and for some information, i trial fitted some 15 by 6.5 inch -20 offset wheels to my sprinter, and they came too close to the struts for my liking, so i wouldn't go any closer than that.

the wheels i'm using at the moment are 14 by 6 inch -10 offset, positive offset wheels are fairly rare from what i can tell.

barbel
Regular

May 2002
Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Wed, 21 September 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dummy fitted with some bolt on spacers and they looked the good.
gonna run them on the front

on the rear im gonna put longer studs and i already have a 15m spacer which i will put in the back. think that should solve my issues

anyone want some 17's. lenso c5
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Wed, 21 September 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 09:54

oldcorollas, offset is the distance between the centreline of the rim to the hub mounting face, you can calculate bacspace from offset if you know the width of the rim (has to be measured as it wont be 6 inch or whatever.)

and for some information, i trial fitted some 15 by 6.5 inch -20 offset wheels to my sprinter, and they came too close to the struts for my liking, so i wouldn't go any closer than that.

the wheels i'm using at the moment are 14 by 6 inch -10 offset, positive offset wheels are fairly rare from what i can tell.

yar yar, which is why i was asking if he worked it out right..

you say -20 offset is too close.. he's saying +35 to +40 fit.. which sounded (to me) like twice the measurement it should be Wink
ie just measured... not calculated...

and just so we are on the same page..
http://www.yokohamatire.com/images/CustomWheels_graph1.gif

according to yokohama, most wheeels (ie FWD) and positive offset.. in fact most wheels are positive offset. my corolla rims 90mm backspace on 6"rim = +15 offset.

FWD/AWD are very offset, my new rims are +40 offset.

8" with +40 offset is... 200mm/2 + 40... 140mm backspace..
8" with +20 offset is... 200mm/2 + 20... 120mm backspace
6" with -10 offset is... 150mm/2 -10. 65mm backspace
6" with +10 offset is " " +10 = 85mm
6.5" with -20 is 61mm backspace (should have fit better)
6.5" with +20 is 101mm backspace..

80-100mm seems more like a normal amunt of backspace for that era car.... 60 sound stoo low.. 140 sounds too high...

anyone care to check their measurements based on the yokohama pic above??
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Wed, 21 September 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and as per original question..

7" +35mm offset. 177.8/2 + 35 = 124mm backspace.

Daved
Regular

March 2004
Re: will 7" +35 offset wheels fit a sprinter?? Thu, 22 September 2005 10:19 Go to previous message
Great pics I'm gunna save them - always wondered what and how offset worked, thanks buddie.

Now, if I can only find that techo article about fitting the Kenworth pistons (not the pist 'n' broke ones) into a 4AG I'll be ready to fire 'er up !
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:tapping noise on 7afe motor
Next Topic:Rotor tip
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:38:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047619342803955 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.