Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dangerous Dave
Regular

September 2005
3t-gteu help Fri, 16 September 2005 08:14 Go to next message
Hi all. I'm looking at a 3t-gteu tomorrow morning that I can not see running. Can anyone help me out with ideas of what I should look for in regards to the condition of the motor. Also it doesn't have a knock computer. Are these hard to find and how much are they worth? Any advise would be useful.
Thanks David
  Send a private message to this user    
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 3t-gteu help Fri, 16 September 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brace yourself, if it's not running .
Is it in a car still ???
Number 3 piston has a habit of melting with a bad tune ,very common.
I personly dont spend too much on things that don't start as you have to consider rebuilding them straight off.
Now the problem with that is they are getting old and parts are getting harder to get, plus it should be rebuilt with forgies which aren't cheap.
So all in all they are getting to the point where you look at another type of motor (4agze maybe) if money is a bit tight.
Don't get me wrong I run 1 in a ke20 everyday and it's pretty good fun plus I have another motor that is ready to be rebuilt, it just that I now know it getting harder to get parts at the right price
Good luck with it if you can get it for a couple hundred complete, it would be a good buy

hope that helps
Dangerous Dave
Regular

September 2005
Re: 3t-gteu help Fri, 16 September 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I think I have mislead you. It is supposedly running but it is not in a car.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: 3t-gteu help Fri, 16 September 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supposedly running?? But not in the car???? I think what he is trying to say is if you can't see it running it isn't running.....well thats my take on not running...............
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3t-gteu help Sat, 17 September 2005 10:22 Go to previous message
knock computer can range from $20-100 if you can find one, i did, it was $50 but it was in NZ and couldn't be stuffed getting it.

Could can't really check the condition of a engine if it's not in a car running. Make sure the crank turns, use a spanner, you can usually feel if it has decent compression. Check the look of the engine, for dirt, crap etc etc. Rust in the water outlets n that.

But alot of it is luck or word of mouth Very Happy

You know you want me engine Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: PERTH GZ10's
Next Topic:Best Polisher
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 20:24:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040421485900879 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.