Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Sun, 09 February 2003 09:56 Go to next message
Complete Factory 2TGEU EFI intake manifold !
Comes complete with Unknown aftermarket Injectors fitted (Also set of 4 Original 2TGEU injectors)

$150 ono.
  Send a private message to this user    
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Sun, 09 February 2003 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the 2TGEU intake manifold the same bolt pattern the same as a 3TGTE???
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Sun, 09 February 2003 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no the 3tgte bolt pattern is way different.

is this the early or late manifold (has it got EFI written on it)? i might be interested if its the later model one...
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Sun, 09 February 2003 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Inferno,

Mate here is a pic of the intake manifold. As you can see it does indeed have EFI on the Plenum.

The T/B is actually off an early Intake manifold, They are the same size but the one off this actual plenum had a slightly damaged casting. So other than the T/B its all the later design. (88262 casting)

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Parts/2TGEU%20Intake%20Manifold.jpg

Hope that helps.
ta22celica_boy
Regular

August 2002
Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Sun, 09 February 2003 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey toyman75,
is there any thing wrong with the intake manifold itself, plus what other things will i need if changing twin carbs to efi( sensors, surge tank, etc) anyway quite interested in manifold thanks for any info on the situation.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Sun, 09 February 2003 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA22 Celica Boy,

Mate there is nothing wrong with the manifold at all. Someone had taken the TPS off the original Throttle Body and I guess they didn't have a screw driver as the damaged the casting where the TPS screws on Hence why I changed the T/B (Throttle Body) with a spare one I had.

To convert to EFI you will also need to get your hands on a Computer and preferably loom to run it. Aftermarket is good but a stock 2TGEU one wil;l do as long as you can also get the AFM. You will also need an EFI thermostat housing (I can prolly help you there) and the resistor bank for the injectors (I have one of those too)

If you go aftermarlet EFI then the AFM and Injector Resistor bank thingy won't be needed. (Thats the tecnical name Honest Wink )

With EFI you will also need to upgrade your fuel delivery to a High Pressure pump, Lift pump and Surge tank (Surge Tank is not absolutly necessary but is recommended)

Hope that helps and if you decide to try and piece together afcatory EFI system I think Pumpkin has some spare EFI bits he may be conmvinced to part with (AFM and ECU ) Smile

inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Tue, 11 February 2003 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$80+postage? sorry i can't offer you more mate but i'm very strapped for cash ATM. it looks like it needs a bit of CLR and a new paint job Laughing

I'm thinking i've almost got a complete spare 3TGTE EFI loom+ECU, and a 2TG engine, so with this manifold i could play around a bit.

BTW those injectors look weird, do you know what impedance they are?
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Tue, 11 February 2003 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey rod can you use a dizzy with this setup or is it like the diamond plate plenum you made up then sold off
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Wed, 12 February 2003 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celicamad85,

Any person with half a brain will know that yes it does indeed allow for a Dizzy. I guess thats why you had to ask !

Oh my engine uses coilpacks ! Twisted Evil
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Wed, 12 February 2003 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was using this plenum as well with coil packs
it never crossed my mind that it would hit the dizzy cause i wasnt using 1 as well
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Wed, 12 February 2003 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya rod, are the aftermarket injectors the same capacity as the standard ones???
JUZZO
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Wed, 12 February 2003 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i should have known rod, i am just asking for fucks sake
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  STOP FUCKING AROUND! :( Thu, 13 February 2003 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WO WO WO!!!!!, lets all just slow down one minute, can we just all get along, this is a free service provided to the people for the people, its not just a members only service, so can we all just please not get ants in our pants about stupid shit like this!!!!
Mad THANK YOU.
JUSTIN
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: STOP FUCKING AROUND! :( Thu, 13 February 2003 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i should have known rod, i am just asking for fucks sake

You deserved the reply Celicamad... You were taking a stab.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Thu, 13 February 2003 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juzzo,

Mate i have absolutely no idea what the injectors in it are out of, they were in it when I bought it. Thats why I have the set of stock 2TGEU injectors with it.

And as for the plenum, Wayne (Celicamad85) is familiar with the 2TGEU engine and knows full well that a factory intake manifold will obviously allow for a Factory Dizzy. He wants to have a stab even I have the right of reply ! But hey that was 2 Days ago I'm over it ! Smile
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Fri, 14 February 2003 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman75 wrote on Fri, 14 February 2003 08:12

Juzzo,

But hey that was 2 Days ago I'm over it ! Smile

but you will never be over yourself will you rod ?....you know im asking about the other plenum but instead of answering you just act like an arrogant prick instead...whatever floats your boat i guess, thanks for the help buddy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Fri, 14 February 2003 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne,

Your comment was pretty clear !

Quote:

hey rod can you use a dizzy with this setup or is it like the diamond plate plenum you made up then sold off

Your having a dig at the fact My old custom plenum doesn't allow for a Dizzy to be used and you didn't have the foresight to think of that before you bought it ! Hey I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted but you didn't buy it off me so go kick your cat or something !

Both Myself and Josh were using Coil Packs I made sure it suited his needs before I sold it to him. Josh didn't make it and to be honest I had even completely forgotten that there would be a problem in that regard.

Mind you I notice you are advertising it with your 2TGEU without letting any prospective buyer know ! Who is the bastard here ?

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Sat, 15 February 2003 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Guys I had a need for the TPS switch so that is now missing Sad Am open to offers for the rest of the intake manifold tho !
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon10.gif  Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Sat, 15 February 2003 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya rod, i will give you $50 for the rest of the manifold and i will pick it up.
JUZZO
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TGEU EFI Intake Manifold Sun, 16 February 2003 01:45 Go to previous message
well my offer still stands, $80 + postage.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: Kenwood KDC-1018 Head Unit
Next Topic: Free to good home......
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 19:24:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057590007781982 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.