Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
paulst162
Regular

April 2005
wtf how bullet proof are st162s Sat, 10 September 2005 05:05 Go to next message
:lol:one of my celicas wont die, a few months back my st162s started to overheat and i mean like steam and off the temp gauge.
with the bottom end and head both fucked i decided not to fix the engine due to it only cost me 900 bucks with 12months rego.
so far i have driven around 2500kms thrashing the fuck out of it with it steaming off the temp gauge and topping it up every few days with straight antiboil ,amazingly it hasnt used any oil.
here are a few interesting things ive found out all on private property of course,
1.fwd celicas do good reverse doghies
2.they handle getting 1m in the air suprisingly well,
3.a boiling 3s-ge can last longer than 3 ok left tyres,
4.you shouldnt drive round in paddocks a night with your lights off,
5.it takes about 4 people jumping on the back to reverse out of a silage pit with your back wheels at head height and your sump on the ground,
6.an overheating 3s-ge sounds suprising like a wrx
7.with use of the hand brake and copious amounts of clutch on dirt you can do a brian conner school of driving 180 and drive out of it in reverse sort of,although the syncros dont like it

Send a private message to this user    
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: wtf how bullet proof are st162s Sat, 10 September 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you realise your gonna send your poor ST162 to celica hell rather then celica heaven.

but still good to see you doing it on private property. think we should start making bets on how much longer the engine will last
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: wtf how bullet proof are st162s Sat, 10 September 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3 more months
paulst162
Regular

April 2005
Re: wtf how bullet proof are st162s Sat, 10 September 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing yeap 20 bucks on it blows when i next drive it ,ALL CELICAS GO TO HEAVEN if not ebay Wink private propety /national park property same diff nah just jokes

[Updated on: Sat, 10 September 2005 05:57]

clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: wtf how bullet proof are st162s Sat, 10 September 2005 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, Ebay it with pics of it in said pit and off the ground.

Even if you only get a dollar it's a dollar you didnt have.
Mx73_LuXoBarge
Regular

October 2002
Re: wtf how bullet proof are st162s Sat, 10 September 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 06:53

Yes, Ebay it with pics of it in said pit and off the ground.

Even if you only get a dollar it's a dollar you didnt have.

lol, that's a great idea! Next time I drive up to lamington national park I'll have to get shots of all the wrecks over the edge and eBay them as 'entire collection' Laughing
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: wtf how bullet proof are st162s Sun, 11 September 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paulst162 wrote on Sat, 10 September 2005 15:53

Laughing yeap 20 bucks on it blows when i next drive it ,ALL CELICAS GO TO HEAVEN if not ebay Wink private propety /national park property same diff nah just jokes

Laughing Laughing Laughing
paulst162
Regular

April 2005
Re: wtf how bullet proof are st162s Thu, 15 September 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy still boiling on strong ,
the suspension is so shot now it slides more than ever!!
changed another tyre yesterday which means its outlasted my vast stock rim collection
i was thinking along the lines of
For Sell 88 Celica perfect first sports car
needs a little tlc good run around dosent use oil,
may need new thermostat,
tyres may not be %100
gear box smooth like a chocolate milkshake
suspension %100 what suspension
sounds like a wrx
cant imagine it would be to hard to fix although i dont know much about cars so sold AS IS with 9 months rego bb all bids are final
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: wtf how bullet proof are st162s Thu, 15 September 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
paulst162
Regular

April 2005
Re: wtf how bullet proof are st162s Sat, 17 September 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now its just pissin me off.yesterday i was lining speed humps at 90kms in my old boyz car park.
however the power steerins not likin it! and for some reason the selector has like removed itself from the gearbox. must be the reverse doughies... im drivin it with gbox held together with cable ties Cool .
ive had an attack of conciance and im not gonna sell it on ebay im gonna wreck it (for parts i mean) as well the rest of my celica's and stuff and scrap the bodys and thrashed shit before i scrap myself or worse somone else Embarassed ill try to get a photo of it in reverse sometime this week seriously looks like shit should be a laugh

[Updated on: Sat, 17 September 2005 06:01]

havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: wtf how bullet proof are st162s Sat, 17 September 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your gonna wreck it for parts????

ARE THERE ANYPARTS STILL WORKING??
paulst162
Regular

April 2005
Re: wtf how bullet proof are st162s Sat, 17 September 2005 10:01 Go to previous message
Laughing yer i am but.. obviously nothing to do with the engine, drive train or suspension .
its not my only st162 Wink im moving to brissy and cant take the shight with me .
i bought the said car for 900 bucks with 12 months rego off ebay
with a suposed fresh engine...
{i was going to swap all my installed but relativley unused goodies off my other one which ran outta rego then got electrical probs while iz doin the mods}
yeah right i got to the twin caltexes between sydney and newcastle and it started to boil.
i left her for a few hours and then drove the rest of the way the mech told me somone had bojjed it and forgot to torque the head
plus he was surprised it was still goin cause the bottom end was also fucked "lost cause" was the terminology he used .
so me being the poor hot head i am i decided
i would take the anger out on the car .
i had been scrimp saving for 2 months and when i saw this one with rego and fresh engine i thought all my dreams had come at once .i could now afford to go clubbing with my mates in brissy and have my project 162 i shoulda fucken waited instead of bein an impulsive dick head Sad any way enough of my sob story you guyz will see parts sooner than later cause ima goin in a month
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Best Polisher
Next Topic:Want to respray my car but I am getting ripped off
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:04:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042779445648193 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.