Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bert
Regular

May 2003
manifold change on GZE Sat, 17 September 2005 08:27 Go to next message
i did a search and kinda got an answer but a 100% confermation would be good....
i would like to run 4age rwd manifold on my GZE when i put it back in the car. seeing as the has has a FMIC, i was thinking of taking the throttle body off the manifold and using it for the supercharger. and the custom piping would link it all up....
and making a custom inlet for the charger that runs around the side of the charger and towards the front headlight where the air cleaner will be, instead of going straight up...

will the rwd manifold fit, or will it hit the charger. if anyone has done or seen it, some pics would be sweet.
thanks for the help!
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: manifold change on GZE Sat, 17 September 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it will foul on the charger i think you will find
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: manifold change on GZE Sat, 17 September 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Won't bolt up at all, but if you made brackets all round it might be an idea. I'd be using at least a 1G blower while you're at it...
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: manifold change on GZE Sun, 18 September 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i tried it, the s/c needs to the mounted about 3" lower to clear the 4age inlet manifold. but then it gets very squishy between the eng and firewall.
Bert
Regular

May 2003
Re: manifold change on GZE Fri, 23 September 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am mounting the engine in ae86, so going near the firewall is not an issue. i would be able to mount the support for the charger lower.
i cant remember if it will foul on anything else in the engine bay....its been that long since ive had the engine out.
you guys think it will work?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: manifold change on GZE Fri, 23 September 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess but wouldnt it just be easier to turbo it
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: manifold change on GZE Fri, 23 September 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not to mention the t/b...it goes..and must go befor the s/c...where are you going to put it? i would get the factory manifold..get a jig made up, and make a nice plenum that fit around everything..with the factory brackets on..

Matty
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: manifold change on GZE Fri, 23 September 2005 23:51 Go to previous message
I have seen a (pic) 86 with a Gze using the RWD manifold........ so its possible..... but probably a lil involved
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fuses and wiring with my new headunit + 6x9s, help please!
Next Topic:Changing a head gasket...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 03:21:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049870014190674 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.