Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What to buy?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 15:31

The Levin is the jap spec 2 door with 20v 4age.
I don't want a GTR as if i got a 33 GTST it would be used to take to the track for drifting on occasions.

if youre not serious about building a dedicated track drifter then you can make the 32GTR RWD by installing an on off switch for the attessa 4WD system...

id much rather the GTR over the GTST aaaaany day of the week

one of the very small amount of nissans/datsuns that get my respect
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone was saying on full lock yesterday (i don't know how much truth is in it) that it was bad to pull the fuse on the ATTESA system as it fucks it if you do it too much.
That and the fact they cost more (but are a better car)and the insurance is more expensive is what turns me off them plus the fact they are more desirable to thieves than a pretender GTST.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 15:37

Someone was saying on full lock yesterday (i don't know how much truth is in it) that it was bad to pull the fuse on the ATTESA system as it fucks it if you do it too much.
That and the fact they cost more (but are a better car)and the insurance is more expensive is what turns me off them plus the fact they are more desirable to thieves than a pretender GTST.

bullshit

thats on the 33 and 34 GTR's that it fucks them up...

look

if youre honestly concerned with insurance then maybe you should consider an echo...

youre 19 and you are dreaming of all these high performance cars..

i dont have full comp on my soarer and thats the risk I take..if i stove it..i fix it...

so either think about not having full comp or maybe changing your choice of motor vehicle...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put it this way if i wanted too i could afford the insurance on the cars (anything up to say 3.5 to 4K) per year but i'd prefer to have that money to spend on doing up the car. Al does actually have a GTR there at the moment so you never know. I'll look into insurance with them but i'm pretty sure last time i did it it was a big jump over the GTST which is already 3.2K.

Any car even a basic sports hacth i am looking at paying 2-2.5k for insurance so an extra so grand isn't too bad considering the performance leap you make.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as if you can actually justify $3.5K on insurance...

thats so fucken dumb...unless you really cant drive for shit...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 16:14

You can't but its the price you pay for owning a nice car. Put it this way if i was to buy my dads Pulsar SSS i'd be paying 2.5K anyway now a GTST is a shitload faster and also worth more i am talking late S2 R33's here so around 20K.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 15:48

MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 16:14

You can't but its the price you pay for owning a nice car. Put it this way if i was to buy my dads Pulsar SSS i'd be paying 2.5K anyway now a GTST is a shitload faster and also worth more i am talking late S2 R33's here so around 20K.

you want my honest advice...

if youre adamant about fully comprehensively insuring a car thats clearly too damn expensive to insure then keep the corona for a few more years...

EDIT: I am also done with this thread becuase you want people to tell you what you want too hear...not give proper advice

[Updated on: Fri, 16 September 2005 06:28]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My other choice which really depends on what health the rona is in is waiting until august next year as by that time i'd one have close to 20K cash and two have a 40% no claim bonus.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 16:01

The Levin is the jap spec 2 door with 20v 4age.
I don't want a GTR as if i got a 33 GTST it would be used to take to the track for drifting on occasions.

so it's a heavy 2door with a small motor....

after driving one, i think they suck Razz they have the levin name... but virtually all corollas over here seem to have the spoontah tag anyways Razz even the 4WD AE92 i posted a pic of...

the levin 20V is not a performance car, but you have to rev it's tit's off to go anywhere....
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMFG! This thread is well into it's fourth page and this guy is still no closer to making a decision Laughing Laughing Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty P wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 17:07

OMFG! This thread is well into it's fourth page and this guy is still no closer to making a decision Laughing Laughing Laughing

Woot go me well i am going to check out some cars tomorrow so i'll report back on what i think. Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with Matty.
Spending over $1500 on insurance is a fucking joke.

Just run 3pp f+t (if they allow f+t) and take the pain if you cause an acco.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 17:13

I'm with Matty.
Spending over $1500 on insurance is a fucking joke.

Just run 3pp f+t (if they allow f+t) and take the pain if you cause an acco.

Its not the acco thats the pain its the theft, with fire and theft you only get paid 5K out on your claim less any excess etc so say you have a 20K car you might only get 4K for it yet never see it again.

Pretty much anything but an econo box is gonna be above 1.5K. And depending on wheher or not i get a car loan for the car depends on whether comprehensive insurnace may be stipulated.

I can see where you guys are coming from and undersatnd it but i just don't wanna get a normal car. I have had my run around car and now wanna get something i can take to the track on weekends when i get the opportunity. You have to remember that my only major expense will be the car as i live at home and i do work full time.

All of the money will be coming out of my pocket to.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 September 2005 07:19]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ignore previous post.

It all depends on your policy dude.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 September 2005 07:24]

buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 15:01

after driving one, i think they suck Razz they have the levin name...

the levin 20V is not a performance car, but you have to rev it's tit's off to go anywhere....

The BZ-R AE111'S weigh 1080kg with 121kw, LSD and a 6 speed gearbox. It may not be a true performance car, but its a very nice compromise.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buck naked wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 17:30

oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 15:01

after driving one, i think they suck Razz they have the levin name...

The BZ-R AE111'S weigh 1080kg with 121kw, LSD and a 6 speed gearbox. It may not be a true performance car, but its a very nice compromise.

And if i have my way its gonna have more than 121kw Evil or Very Mad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Sat, 17 September 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i went to Al's today and out of the cars on his lot there are two that tickled my fancy, one being a silver AE111 20V BZG, only has the 5 speed with lsd but still good. Cery tidy car. Or he also has a AE86 Trueno coupe that is in very good nic.
Al is up in Brisbane and his son wasn't sure on pricing so its a matter of me ringing Al up during the week to see how much they are and then working out how much more i need to save. Very Happy
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What to buy? Sat, 17 September 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so after all this "discussion" you are still going to get a shopping trolley? Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Sat, 17 September 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 16:22

so after all this "discussion" you are still going to get a shopping trolley? Laughing

Lol well he does have a R33 GTR (out of my price range), a 1994 180sx (possibility, an R34GT-t, R33 GTS4, AE92 GTZ supercharged levin with watanabe rims, couple of GX81's, a crown with a 1ggze and a 4wd corolla but i think its only a 4afe. I also forgot a 3tgte corona sedan(auto), and a boxy turbo starlet

[Updated on: Sat, 17 September 2005 06:29]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What to buy? Sat, 17 September 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 16:25

oldcorollas wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 16:22

Lol well he does have a R33 GTR (out of my price range), a 1994 180sx (possibility, an R34GT-t, R33 GTS4, AE92 GTZ supercharged levin with watanabe rims, couple of GX81's, a crown with a 1ggze and a 4wd corolla but i think its only a 4afe. I also forgot a 3tgte corona sedan(auto), and a boxy turbo starlet

get the 4WD corolla and put a GZE in it Razz you'll be one of the few corollas that can actually put power to the ground Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Sat, 17 September 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forgot i think there was an SW20 there as well, Wink
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: What to buy? Sat, 17 September 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy a brand new ride on lawnmower!! Razz

or keep the Corona and get badging of a modern day car. Like the wanker i seen up here with this gold XF Falcon with a modern day Calias badge on it Rolling Eyes
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: What to buy? Sat, 17 September 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 14:25

AE92 GTZ supercharged levin with watanabe rims

Would be a very fun and affordable car Smiley =
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Sat, 17 September 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 17:10

buy a brand new ride on lawnmower!! Razz

You'd be Minto's version of The Water Boy Laughing
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: What to buy? Sat, 17 September 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 14:51

Well i went to Al's today and out of the cars on his lot there are two that tickled my fancy, one being a silver AE111 20V BZG, only has the 5 speed with lsd but still good. Cery tidy car. Or he also has a AE86 Trueno coupe that is in very good nic.
Al is up in Brisbane and his son wasn't sure on pricing so its a matter of me ringing Al up during the week to see how much they are and then working out how much more i need to save. Very Happy

Where is this Al's car yard located?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What to buy? Sat, 17 September 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penriff?
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What to buy? Sat, 17 September 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that Al Palmer or Big G** Al?.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What to buy? Sat, 17 September 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 21:48

Is that Al Palmer or Big G** Al?.

... look at this ke25 he has Shocked .

http://www.ifixum.com/Catalogue/corolla2.html
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Sun, 18 September 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it is Al Palmer, i actually didn't see the Ke25 (i don't know how often the website is updated as it doesn't show all the cars he has so the ke25 may be goooone) but there was a really old corona that was quite ruff and a very tidy old toyota ute ute.
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: What to buy? Sun, 18 September 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.ifixum.com/Catalogue/corona.html

End of thread Wink.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Sun, 18 September 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its an auto Smile
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: What to buy? Sun, 18 September 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Then consider the auto to manual conversion the beginning of your mods.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What to buy? Sun, 18 September 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This suits you perfectly, Good for DRIFT,DRAG and CIRCUIT Wink :

http://hillman.jp/bike_img/L/DSC00942.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 18 September 2005 05:29]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Mon, 19 September 2005 05:18 Go to previous message
Yes cos postie bikes are just so quick aren't they, anywho there is a post office depot about a 100m from the station so i could flog one bogan style but nah i'll be right.

Weekend was pretty productive as well as looking at the cars, we got a couple relays and a circuit breaker for the aircon fuse box on the rona for ten bucks. All is good now my fans and air con work again, fixed a broken speaker and replaced an indicator globe so when it comes time to sell the everything works. And in the mean time the car is more comfy to drive round in.
Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TurboRA28 in Fast 4s! (small but still cool)
Next Topic:brake problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:20:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062968730926514 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.